Players against salary cap

5 posters

Go down

Players against salary cap Empty Players against salary cap

Post by DeviAngel Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:23 am

The Players' Association [Associazione Calciatori] have revealed that they are against the salary cap which will be introduced to Serie B.

The League announced last week that teams in the second-flight of Italian football will have a maximum of €150,000 to spend on wages over a season, plus up to €150,000 on performance-related bonuses.

However, representatives of the players' union have insisted that the measure is unfair.

“We all want to ensure that serious failures are in the past,” a statement said today. “But the rules that are to be introduced are wrong.

“This road leads to a decline in competitiveness and the penalisation of some teams.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Players against salary cap Empty Re: Players against salary cap

Post by Juventude Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 pm

A salary cap is only a good idea if it is implemented all across Europe by UEFA. If Italy were to implement a salary cap, even at the lower levels, the results would be horrible for Italian football. Teams do need to get their financial issues under control, but this isn't the way to do it.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Juventude wrote:A salary cap is only a good idea if it is implemented all across Europe by UEFA. If Italy were to implement a salary cap, even at the lower levels, the results would be horrible for Italian football. Teams do need to get their financial issues under control, but this isn't the way to do it.

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that doesn't help JUVENTUS, it only strengthen the small sides,

if someone like FALCAO already has 5 million wage to his club, and that would be the limit, than why should he sacrifice everything and come to JUVENTUS?

Their friends, their house, their kids life, and they plus have to learn new language, No one would be convinced to join JUVENTUS...

a Salary Cap, would damage three of, JUVENTUS, AC MILAN, INTER, and strengthen the clubs such as NAPOLI, UDINESE who are not ready to pay the same wages as these top sides can...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:48 pm

That was my point. It only works if everyone in UEFA has to have a salary cap set at the same level. However, this article is talking about the FIGC doing it for Serie B, but even if it's just at the lower level, I think it's a bad idea for European football. Italian sides are already negatively impacted by the 2-non EU transfer slots. It has to be everyone in UEFA or else it hurts the competitiveness of Italian football in Europe.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Even if UEFA or Serie A does think about a salary cap, it's a bad idea to create a maximum salary for a player as an approach. A better approach is to set a salary cap for the entire team and that way the team can decide how to spend its money. Salaries caps are used in three out of four of the major sports in the US and approach used by the NBA in basketball is a bad one that caps the maximum a player can make. As a result, all of the best players go play for the larger market teams like Los Angeles, Miami, Boston, New York, etc. This is why the Miami heat have Lebron, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh. They can't make any more money, so they may as well all play on the same team and win championships and play in a large market.

I don't think we have to worry because I doubt that UEFA or FIGC will do anything, but I think the approach mentioned in the article is a very bad idea for Serie B. There are other ways to make teams get their finances under control.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Juventude wrote:Even if UEFA or Serie A does think about a salary cap, it's a bad idea to create a maximum salary for a player as an approach. A better approach is to set a salary cap for the entire team and that way the team can decide how to spend its money. Salaries caps are used in three out of four of the major sports in the US and approach used by the NBA in basketball is a bad one that caps the maximum a player can make. As a result, all of the best players go play for the larger market teams like Los Angeles, Miami, Boston, New York, etc. This is why the Miami heat have Lebron, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh. They can't make any more money, so they may as well all play on the same team and win championships and play in a large market.

I don't think we have to worry because I doubt that UEFA or FIGC will do anything, but I think the approach mentioned in the article is a very bad idea for Serie B. There are other ways to make teams get their finances under control.

totally agree, the idea doesn't work same as the one with 2-EU players as you said,

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:15 pm

i believe in salary cap, now i believe it should be more than 150k for serie b players
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:17 pm

sure..salary cap..of course...for everyone including...no better said starting with EPL and La Liga...sure.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down