PSG New Manager seach

4 posters

Go down

PSG New Manager seach Empty PSG New Manager seach

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2013 11:08 am

It seems like a very long shot that Carlo stays... almost an impossibility at this point. So who are the candidates mentioned in the french press to replace him?

- Wenger - unlikely that he breaks his contract with Arsenal
- Klopp - We won't know until after CL final and that may be too late
- Low - Unlikely he leaves until after WC
- Pellegrini - WOuld be the best option if not Wenger imo
- Jupp H of Bayern - He is retiring per today's news
- Rafa Benitez - God i hope not. But his name is out there as of today.
- Mourinho - All comes down to whether he gets the power he wants over transfers at Chelsea.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

PSG New Manager seach Empty Re: PSG New Manager seach

Post by Ganso Thu May 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Pellegrini is the most realistic choice imo, i just cant see those other coaches going to PSG bar maybe Wenger
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Rafa Benitez wants to come too.... please gawd no.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri May 03, 2013 4:39 am

Can i ask, why is Carlo leaving PSG? Because PSG went out of the CL in style, all that kept you out of the semis was Messi being brilliant and you've got the league pretty much wrapped up. So is it because you didnt get the league cup as well or are you playing bad football or is your board not happy with what happened in the CL

OT: Wenger, Klopp and Lowe would all be great for you but i cant see any of them leaving their current postions, so realisticaly i think it should be between Pellegrini and Heynckes. I think Heynckes would be the way to go if he doesnt retire, if not Pellegrini is still great and im sure he'd love another shot at managing a big CL team
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri May 03, 2013 5:54 am

Hope it's not Pellegrini. Without him Malaga will just disintegrate.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2013 6:38 pm

PSG want to keep Carlo... it's his decision to leave. The issue started in December when the Prince met with Mourinho. PSG were not in first place at the time and there was some rumblings... an ultimatum was given to Carlo that he either wins the league or he gets fired. Carlo got offended apparently.

One other thing: Lyon, Lille and OM were in transition this year. OM will stay in transition since they have no money lol. However, i feel that Lille are going to be fantastic next season. Thauvin has been bought and Gameiro is rumored there. Also, Lyon is going to get better since they will move out some of the deadweight that were played so that they could sell them. St Etienne will be tough too. My point is... it's very possible that PSG do not win the league next year. Very competitive. So Carlo would prefer to leave when his reputation is at a high and avoid a possible firing. At Real Madrid, he gets a new 2-year lease bar a disastrous first year. Also, getting fired as a Real Madrid manager is nothing to be ashamed about lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat May 04, 2013 7:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:PSG want to keep Carlo... it's his decision to leave. The issue started in December when the Prince met with Mourinho. PSG were not in first place at the time and there was some rumblings... an ultimatum was given to Carlo that he either wins the league or he gets fired. Carlo got offended apparently.

One other thing: Lyon, Lille and OM were in transition this year. OM will stay in transition since they have no money lol. However, i feel that Lille are going to be fantastic next season. Thauvin has been bought and Gameiro is rumored there. Also, Lyon is going to get better since they will move out some of the deadweight that were played so that they could sell them. St Etienne will be tough too. My point is... it's very possible that PSG do not win the league next year. Very competitive. So Carlo would prefer to leave when his reputation is at a high and avoid a possible firing. At Real Madrid, he gets a new 2-year lease bar a disastrous first year. Also, getting fired as a Real Madrid manager is nothing to be ashamed about lol.

You might just add Monaco to that list as well. Also, curious to know why you rate Lille that high!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2013 10:59 pm

the problem with lille the past 3 years has been high turnover with key players:
- Rami, cabaye and gervinho
- Sow, hazard, landreau and debuchy

their system is really intricate and it takes some time for the players to click. This next year, everyone is slated to stay and they're just going to upgrade in a couple of places. It makes a huge difference. Thauvin is a massive talent on the wing/am. Gameiro is an upgrade on Kalou imo. Etc.

I also feel that Digne is the beat fullback in France and he's only 19. He is going to be huge next year for them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2013 7:20 pm

RMC Sport reporting that Carlo has extended for 2 years at PSG.

Good news it keeps Ibra in Paris for sure... Raiola had said a couple days ago that if Carlo stays, Ibra goes nowhere.

We're also upgrading both fullbacks and bringing in a top CM... so it will look better. The fullbacks are so bad that it messed up everything lol.

Bad news is that Sakho is gone for sure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

L'Equipe chimed in and it is much more reliable than RMC: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Ancelotti-va-rencontrer-le-prince/368735

Basically, Carlo is going to meet with the Qatari prince in the next couple of days to discuss things. When PSG made CL quarters, his contract automatically kicked in an extra year. But Carlo is not happy with just one more year. The discussion is going to be centered around a 2 year extension with a higher wage.

But l'Equipe is saying that Carlo is still leaning towards joining Madrid. This meeting would have to swing him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down