'I can prove Levante-Deportivo game was fixed' - Tebas

Go down

'I can prove Levante-Deportivo game was fixed' - Tebas Empty 'I can prove Levante-Deportivo game was fixed' - Tebas

Post by Eivindo Thu May 09, 2013 8:25 pm

The president of the Spanish Football League says there is "considerable evidence" of match-fixing in Levante's recent defeat to Deportivo La Coruna and says he will prove it.

Mid-table Granotes lost 4-0 at home to relegation-threatened Deportivo on April 13, prompting some - including Levante midfielder Javier Barkero - to question the effort of some members of Juan Ignacio Martinez's men.

Barkero is believed to have confronted his team-mates at half-time and alluded to their lack of commitment and Javier Tebas, president of the LFP - who has previously questioned the legality of a number of Liga fixtures - revealed he is optimistic about finally proving what he has long suspected.

"I will not go into any details because that would hurt our research. I was on the research process and I am convinced I will be able to prove it. There is considerable evidence and hopefully we'll come to a conclusion soon," he told reporters.

"The biggest hint is that there is a player who himself accused his peers, and that is very important to note.

"We are not just talking about fraud here, but also there's an issue of gambling."

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum