The irreparable relationship: Juventus-Inter is now the world's fiercest football riva

+9
Giuvitojuve
cyberman
Zamuro
BarrileteCosmico
BiasedMilanFan3
Doc
Swanhends
izzy
JuvenelCuore
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The irreparable relationship: Juventus-Inter is now the world's fiercest football riva Empty The irreparable relationship: Juventus-Inter is now the world's fiercest football riva

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:39 am

"Io non rubo il campionato ed in Serie B non son mai stato."

"I don't steal the championship and have never been in Serie B."

- C'é solo l'Inter (the Inter club anthem)

Forget Barcelona-Real Madrid, Fenerbahce-Galatasaray, Celtic-Rangers and Partizan-Red Star, forget even Boca Juniors-River Plate. World football’s biggest rivalry in 2011 has just been sent hurtling through the stratosphere. FIGC chief investigator Stefano Palazzi’s claim that Inter were guilty of sporting fraud that should have resulted in demotion to Serie B in 2006 means that the club’s relationship with deadly rivals Juventus is about to get a whole lot worse.
Though the sides have had a very long, very bitter history of run-ins, the stakes have been raised to immeasurable proportions in the past five years, and Palazzi’s words simply bring to a head the deep feeling of hatred that has existed since Juve were first implicated in Calciopoli half a decade ago.

Since the whole case was originally blown open by a series of wiretaps set up by Telecom Italia, the Bianconeri have stood their ground in their belief that they had done nothing out of the ordinary and that Inter were among a number of clubs who would have been proven just as guilty as they were. Their cries of foul originally fell on deaf ears as they were demoted to Serie B and forced to start on minus 30 points (later reduced to -17, then -9) for offences that had never previously been punished with penalties of more than a few points.

But finally it seems they are about to be satisfied, with Inter likely to be stripped of the 2006 Scudetto they were awarded retrospectively. Only, how can Juve ever be satisfied? Italian football has changed irreparably in the five years that have followed, and with the Nerazzurri protected by the Statute of Limitations, the loss of the title they never earned in the first place is the full extent to which they can be punished under Italian law.

It is now Inter’s turn to complain of victimisation, with president Massimo Moratti calling Palazzi’s statement an “unacceptable attack” on a club he’ll still claim is innocent of any charge. All this despite the discovery of countless wiretaps implicating him in attempts to influence referee designators, the same charge which resulted in Juve’s demotion, and points penalties for several other sides. There were even Article 6 violations by Inter, AC Milan and Livorno which would have seen the three clubs relegated had they been caught out five years ago, but the FIGC’s ineptitude in dealing with the case first time around has simply created a powderkeg.

So the rivalry that has in recent years been stirred up by claims and counter-claims can never now be resolved. Juventus will be given the moral victory of a token stripping of Inter’s 14th Scudetto, but it can do nothing to replace the last five years and will merely serve as evidence to back up their belief that their demise was almost entirely manufactured by the Nerazzurri.
Four/five league titles, two Coppe Italia, three Supercoppe and, most notably, one Champions League crown and Club World Cup later, Inter will start next season in exactly the same position they would have anyway – with a squad built off the back of their position as the No.1 team in Italy that was assumed in the summer of 2006. For Juve, meanwhile, there is the continued struggle to regain their feet five years after the carpet was ripped from under them. The mass exodus of players, the loss of titles, the humiliation of Serie B, the long, difficult road back… none of these things can be reversed.

So while Inter may well be called out as the real bad guys in one of Italian football’s greatest self-implosions, it is Juve who have paid the ultimate price. And Nerazzurri followers will tell you all the while that their good name has been besmirched by their greatest rivals. They’ll continue to sing “Io non rubo il campionato” and will still be able to boast “in Serie B non son mai stato”, however much Luciano Moggi et al question their right to do so.

All of which means there is no going back. This is not racist chanting at Mario Balotelli or Samuel Eto’o. It is not Felipe Melo sparking a 20-man brawl with a crude foul. It is not flares being thrown between home and away sections. Nor is it even Piero Ceccarini failing to give a penalty against Mark Iuliano for a foul on Ronaldo. This is a whole new level. It is the calculated set-up aimed to destroy another club... but who are really the victims and who are the transgressors?

They will fight them in the boardrooms, they will fight them in the courts. They will fight them on the pitch, on the terraces and in the streets. The Derby d’Italia is about to go global – all thanks to the mistakes of 2006.

Results of the Rivalry:

Inter +1 Scudetto

2006-07 - 1st - A
2007-08 - 1st - A
2008-09 - 1st - A
2009-10 - 1st - A
2010-11 - 1st - A

Juventus -2 Scudetti

2006-07 - 1st - B
2007-08 - 3rd - A
2008-09 - 2nd - A
2009-10 - 7th - A
2010-11 - 7th - A

I agree with the initial point. World's biggest rivalry. Thoughts ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

The irreparable relationship: Juventus-Inter is now the world's fiercest football riva Empty Re: The irreparable relationship: Juventus-Inter is now the world's fiercest football riva

Post by izzy Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 am

I honestly believe they should make calciopoli into a movie.

It would be the greatest movie of all time. Thumbs up
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

The irreparable relationship: Juventus-Inter is now the world's fiercest football riva Empty Re: The irreparable relationship: Juventus-Inter is now the world's fiercest football riva

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 am

izzy26 wrote:I honestly believe they should make calciopoli into a movie.

It would be the greatest movie of all time. Thumbs up

True. A political tyranny, bribery, corruptness, crime, connections, jealously, spite, hate all whirled into one plot. Amazing.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:47 am

I'd legitimately like to strangle a handful of Juve fans, and seeing as how I'm sure plenty of them would love to do the same to me, I'd say it can't be that far off...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
True. A political tyranny, bribery, corruptness, crime, connections, jealously, spite, hate all whirled into one plot. Amazing.

Would pay good money to see it. Very Happy

Has this whole saga taken your hate for Inter to new heights? And do you think other Inter and Juve fans share the same feelings?

This derby is going to escalate this coming season. Must record both matches.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:54 am

izzy26 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Has this whole saga taken your hate for Inter to new heights? And do you think other Inter and Juve fans share the same feelings?

Good question. In short, yes. Why you ask ? I hate to "insult" Inter fans, but Inter was a nobody before Calciopoli. As Moggi said, before it you had to pull out a calculator and add up another team's point tally to Inter's to match ours.

Inter fans shouldn't be angry. They got league titles and a CL from this ordeal. They got us sent to Serie B. Why should they be mad ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:57 am

izzy26 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Yes

I don't even think I can remember the last time I got upset at a Juve fan for something non-calciopoli related
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:01 am

I must go to game.

Want to hear some of the chants and banners that gets held up.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 am

I would really watch this movie if ever someone ever makes it. But who could pull off a good Moggi?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:07 am

Doc wrote:I would really watch this movie if ever someone ever makes it. But who could pull off a good Moggi?

Well the movie would only go on if Moggi acts in it. Cool

I am fighting the urge to post a picture of Satan and say that is the alternative should Moratti not be in the film. Laughing
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:40 am

I've never really given much though to the Inter-Juve rivalry

But I can't wait to see those matches next season
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am

Of course you're going to think it's the world's biggest rivalry Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Of course you're going to think it's the world's biggest rivalry Laughing

Haha well I mean what other rivalry tops this ? Sure I love watching a good El Classico too, but no other rivalry has resulted in court trials and lost league titles.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:55 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Haha well I mean what other rivalry tops this ? Sure I love watching a good El Classico too, but no other rivalry has resulted in court trials and lost league titles.

I'm saying this right now, if there are any reorts of people mysterously 'dissapering', this will be unquestionably the biggest derby in the world.

That's all it needs to be complete.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:19 am

izzy26 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Haha well I mean what other rivalry tops this ? Sure I love watching a good El Classico too, but no other rivalry has resulted in court trials and lost league titles.

I'm saying this right now, if there are any reorts of people mysterously 'dissapering', this will be unquestionably the biggest derby in the world.

Elkann almost committed suicide over the matter ... is that enough ?

...I'm sorry, I shouldn't joke about that. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:22 am

boca - river
celtic - rangers

are still bigger in my opinion
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:22 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Elkann almost committed suicide over the matter ... is that enough ?

Elkann? It was Pessotto.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Elkann almost committed suicide over the matter ... is that enough ?

Really? I thought it was Pessotto.

Woah, this is really personal for some people huh?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:33 am

My mistake Mauro...don't know where I got Elkann from. -.-

@Izzy: listen to Mauro haha I got it wrong.

and yes, it is really personal. That's why I consider it to be the biggest rivalry. To be honest, it is hard mentally on someone to see what happened to Juventus happened.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 am

Ive got a movie based off of this, i call it Goodfellas 2.

Paulie and Jimmy end up in prison but try their best to make the world think theyre not so bad because Tommy Ds mother is distantly implicated somehow, so try to bring her down.
They weasel their way into propaganda jobs as columnists with national newspapers in a bid to badmouth poor mother D while trying to protote an air of innocence.
They scream that poor mother Ds time is coming, but when she gets off, cry about corruption and how she gets away with it.
They then bitterly announce a vicious rivalry with poor mother D that will never end...but poor mother D doesnt give a shit because shes too busy winning CLs and league titl....sorry knitting, to care about a proven corrupt organisation that are a spent force in italian footba...sorry organised crime.
well, i couldve said italian football since its the same thing anyway

Granted its not as good as the original, but sequals rarely are

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:12 am

cyberman wrote:Ive got a movie based off of this, i call it Goodfellas 2.

Paulie and Jimmy end up in prison but try their best to make the world think theyre not so bad because Tommy Ds mother is distantly implicated somehow, so try to bring her down.
They weasel their way into propaganda jobs as columnists with national newspapers in a bid to badmouth poor mother D while trying to protote an air of innocence.
They scream that poor mother Ds time is coming, but when she gets off, cry about corruption and how she gets away with it.
They then bitterly announce a vicious rivalry with poor mother D that will never end...but poor mother D doesnt give a shit because shes too busy winning CLs and league titl....sorry knitting, to care about a proven corrupt organisation that are a spent force in italian footba...sorry organised crime.

LOOOOOOOOOOL
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 am

Yep. Gianluca Pessotto actually attempted to commit suicide and landed in the hospital for quite some time.

From what I remember of the stories, he battled depression in the past, for quite some time too. It's a rather sad sequence of events really.

The famous scene of the Azzurri singing his name out after the WC2006 win was an act of solidarity really.

He's now an active part of the organization, in fact he was given his position immediately upon return.
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:29 am

Who neg repped this? scratch

This is gold. :lol!:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 am

i don't care about juve fans at all. it's difficult to "hate" the juve fans who come up with all the "inter are scum, moratti invented calciopoli blah blah" stuff, because they sound genuinely retarded and mentally damaged in some way (no offence). it's comparable to hating a small child because they have a wrong opinion on something, and i could never hate a child for that

also their past seasons have been kinda awful and the feeling is more like pity

the only thing i hate about them is the fans who are racist towards black players
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 am

lmao
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next