are we (inter) having the worst transfer period in the history of football?

+23
Eivindo
Die Borussen
Ion Creanga
Kaladin
Highburied
The Franchise
billy_gr
Lupi
serieAkings
Lex
donttreadonred
Future
Milantildeath
VivaStPauli
RedOranje
marottalad
Forza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Rev
Swanhends
Onyx
Cassius
andiii
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

are we (inter) having the worst transfer period in the history of football? Empty are we (inter) having the worst transfer period in the history of football?

Post by andiii Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm

so far:

out - coutinho, sneijder
in - Rocchi (35yr old)

we won't be getting paulinho. players we're linked to us realistically are Andreolli, schelotto, and some dude called bilga or something. our managment is f'd up beyond belief. our transfer "guru" was even on vacation... during the transfer window. we've "run out of time" again. it's sad to be an inter fan at the moment, the management are just comical and i haven't even mentioned 10% of how idiotic they've been Sad

Last edited by andiii on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

are we (inter) having the worst transfer period in the history of football? Empty Re: are we (inter) having the worst transfer period in the history of football?

Post by Cassius Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

I actually rate Biglia. Would be a smart signing but not really a great signing, which inter need right now.

But none the less, would be a decent buy.

Is Rocchi official!? Shocked
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

are we (inter) having the worst transfer period in the history of football? Empty Re: are we (inter) having the worst transfer period in the history of football?

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Do Inter have a problem financially?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm

andiii wrote:so far:

out - coutinho, sneijder
in - Rocchi (35yr old)

Proud :facepalm: Laughing

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm

rocchi has already played for us haha. he looks.. uh.. like an out of favour 35 yr old lazio player.. oh wait he is

and yea i watched a bit of bilgia on youtube. looked somewhat decent. an improvement to the squad, but not an impactful signing
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Still less frustrating than Arsenal's transfer activity this window. :coffee:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Swanhends wrote:
andiii wrote:so far:

out - coutinho, sneijder
in - Rocchi (35yr old)

Proud :facepalm: Laughing

"is this real life?"
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Could be worse, id gladly swap both Gio and Vucinic as of late for Palacio.

Palacio :bow:
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:31 pm

In terms of competition, Barca getting rid of Eto'o+40m and bringing in Chyrgrygygzygzygz, Keirrison, and Maxwell wasn't a great window either

But I think ours is still way worse than that lool
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Nah Dalglish getting rid of the majority of our team that finished 2nd two seasons on the trot and replacing them with two 38 yr old journey men is way worse. Laughing

We probably have more examples as well tbh our transfer policy was a f*cking joke before Ashley.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Could be worse. Like the window where we sold Ibra and TS. Or the window where we sold Kaka.

And this...
Rev wrote:Still less frustrating than Arsenal's transfer activity this window. :coffee:
Arsenal are the kings of bad transfer windows. Haven't done good business for a while now. First, the stadium was an excuse for not spending, now who knows?

Despite our fierce rivalry with Inter, it's a bit disconcerting to see them sell Coutinho. I mean, this kid was being compared to SES earlier in the season. Now, he's effectively being replaced by a guy who could retire as soon as the season is over. Getting rid of Sneijder was a good deal. It needed to be done. I think it's time for Inter to take the same youth approach that Milan are.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 am

does any 1 else find it strange the average football fan could probably do far better jobs then most "transfer directors"?. i no their are other underlying issues that effect transfers but alot of transfers leave u wondering wtf.. it's even worse when youre club lies to you saying they will bring in this player then they say they have no money just be honest ffs.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:07 am

No.

Then again I do not for a second believe that the "average football fan" or even most of the heavily dedicated fans could do a comparable job, much less a better one.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:12 am

Settle down, drama queens. The winter transfer window is for emergencies, since everything is more expensive then. Clubs only buy if they have to.

And what is this talk of Arsenal? Didn't they just buy Podolski and Giroud? How is that anything but pretty good business?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 am

the retard examples i mean: ac milan signing balotelli when they have defensive problems, carrol 35 mil, amauri 22.5 mil, barca signing that churgynsky guy for something like 25 mil when he was unproven in a top league. inter selling coutinho at the last days of the transfer market when they need an attacking mid and they hadn't signed a replacement.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 am

marottalad wrote:does any 1 else find it strange the average football fan could probably do far better jobs then most "transfer directors"?

i genuinely believe our transfer director "marco branca" doesn't actually use logic and reason when choosing targets. i really believe he has personal issues that inflict his decisions and he signs mediocre players hoping they turn out good so he can be called a "genius" etc. i think anyone on this forum could choose targets better tbh

also apparantly we've practically signed Schelotto and Kuzmanovic from Stuttgart

Last edited by andiii on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 am

And again, I think there are circumstances around each of those deals that most fans fail to take into account or intentionally ignore.

Even ignoring the (multitude of) other factors in the Carroll deal, many LFC fans were excited despite the price.

And I am certain that fans of the other clubs mentioned could bring forth fairly logical reasons why the other transfers happened as well, assuming they could put aside personal bias and/or hindsight.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:28 am

i think that's clutching at straws a bit redoraje. can those transfers be reasoned? yea they can in some ways ofc. but reasoning them isn't the point. the point is could most people on this forum have chosen a better transfer? i think so, easily
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:31 am

And I disagree.

There is always some combination of ignorance, arrogance, and naivety involved in sports fans at any given time, and this is the perfect example of it in my opinion.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 am

so it's just bad luck that we've had bad transfer windows one after another? it's not that our transfer director is crap? he's a professional and just got unlucky?
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:37 am

andiii wrote:i think that's clutching at straws a bit redoraje. can those transfers be reasoned? yea they can in some ways ofc. but reasoning them isn't the point. the point is could most people on this forum have chosen a better transfer? i think so, easily

:bow: this.

i understand their haseto be a certain home grown player rule as well now but another crazy fad of transfer directors is over paying for british players when they have been well documented in the past to be over priced yet clubs still pay crazy money for them! you seriously wonder what goes through their heads when scrubs like henderson cost 15 mil+
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 am

That is not what I said at all. But then I think you probably understood that before even making that post.

There are good and bad, great and terrible professionals within every field. That certainly does not mean that the average layperson would do a solid job that is on par with, much less better than, "most" professionals within the field.

In rare instances when the professional in question is particularly horrid at his job, or the layperson in question is particularly lucky or adept... yes, it is a possibility. But that would by no means be the norm (i.e. applicable in "most" cases)... or, I believe, even a statistically relevant percentage of the cases.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 am

ah then we have very different viewpoints. i think calling a lot of these guys professionals is comparable to calling Figo "a professional ambassador" instead of some cushy retirement job (which it is in reality). so yea fair enough, guess the debate ends there
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 am

I don't see how signing Balotelli is a bad thing. It was now or never for us to get Balotelli.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 am

I'm not surprised seeing that Moratti said he won't be buying anyone in this window unless they get rid of some players n bring in some cash first...
Future
Future
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next