*Transfers Special* Which players should Borussia Dortmund buy and sell this summer?

+12
Valkyrja
McAgger
urbaNRoots
RedOranje
Adrian0911
Onyx
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BAYERN_MUNICH
DeletedUser#1
Kaladin
juventus101
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Borussia Dortmund buy and sell this summer? Empty *Transfers Special* Which players should Borussia Dortmund buy and sell this summer?

Post by juventus101 Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Self explanatory title.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Borussia Dortmund buy and sell this summer? Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Borussia Dortmund buy and sell this summer?

Post by Kaladin Fri May 10, 2013 8:01 pm

A striker and a replacement for Gotze (unless Leitner steps up). Also they need some depth ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Borussia Dortmund buy and sell this summer? Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Borussia Dortmund buy and sell this summer?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri May 10, 2013 8:49 pm

MT has hacked Juve101's account Shocked

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 pm

According to BILD, Dortmund is after Bernard from Atletico Mineiro and Jackson Martinez from PC Porto. Don't know how good they are.

Kevin de Bruyne said a few days ago he would love to play for Dortmund. So if they get those 3 this wouldn't be bad for them i guess.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:According to BILD, Dortmund is after Bernard from Atletico Mineiro and Jackson Martinez from PC Porto. Don't know how good they are.

Kevin de Bruyne said a few days ago he would love to play for Dortmund. So if they get those 3 this wouldn't be bad for them i guess.

Wow Shocked

Both would be excellent signings IMO but i would suspect they would cost a lot of money.

On top of the obvious Gotze and Lewa( assuming he leaves) replacements they need a long term Kehl replacement, some cover for Hummels, LB and a back up striker IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri May 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Bernard is off to Dortmund.Atletico said they cant hold on to him any longer.He is a left winger like Reus, so i believe that Reus will be playing centrally from now on
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 10, 2013 9:03 pm

I suspected that Reus would be moved inside, there was far too many links to wingers for it not to happen.

Bernard is very good from what i have seen, so that is good.

I have a hard time believing they can get Jackson Martinez though, Porto will try and bleed them dry and Dortmund won't go far enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Isn't Bender better than Kehl?

Also Santana could leave.

Borussia Dortmund defender Felipe Santana has hinted his time at the club is coming to an end, amid strong rumours of a move to Schalke in the summer.

The 27-year-old has been behind Mats Hummels and Neven Subotic in the pecking order in the BVB defence this season and he has said he will speak to head coach Jurgen Klopp about a potential move away from Signal Iduna Park at the end of the season.

"I've read so many things," the Brazilian told Ruhr Nachrichten. "I'm going to have to talk to our trainer [Klopp] about my future.

"I must say thank you to Dortmund. They were my first overseas club and I have won a major championship with them, but I need to see what is better for me in the future now."

Santana scored a last-minute winner against Malaga in their Champions League quarter-final second leg to send Dortmund through to the last four and, now that they have reached the final, the defender is confident of victory over Bayern Munich on May 25.

"That goal was the best moment of my life," he admitted, nostalgically.

"The football god has given us this opportunity and now I hope that it works out at Wembley in the final. We will win it."

Santana joined Dortmund in 2008 and has won two Bundesliga titles and one DFB-Pokal during his time with the club.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/10/3969358/felipe-santana-hints-at-summer-exit-from-borussia-dortmund

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Fri May 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Howedes, Dzeko, Draxler/Isco/Eriksen to replace Hummels, Lewa and Goetze departure
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri May 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I suspected that Reus would be moved inside, there was far too many links to wingers for it not to happen.

Bernard is very good from what i have seen, so that is good.

I have a hard time believing they can get Jackson Martinez though, Porto will try and bleed them dry and Dortmund won't go far enough.
Porto probably wont sell Martinez for less than 30M because someone will probably pay that ridiculous amount for him. :facepalm: I already thought that Falcao for 40M was overpriced (at that moment)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Reus moving inside? Good, that means they probably won't be after Eriksen then.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Sell/Loan:

Götze (£31mio),
Schieber (£4mio),
Lewandowski (£25mio)
Santana (£1.5mio),
Alomerovic (release),
Owomoyela (release),
Kirch (£800,000),
Sarr, loan
Hornschuh, loan
Ginczek, loan
Sobiech, loan
Amini, loan
Leitner, loan
= £62mio

Sign:

Bony (£12mio),
Bernard (£15mio),
Eriksen (£15mio),
Goretzka (£4mio),
Ginter (£6mio),
= £52mio

First team:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek Subotic Hummels Schmelzer
Bender Gündogan
Kuba Eriksen Bernard
Reus

Bench: Langerak; Großkreutz, Ginter; Sahin, Goretzka; Bittencourt; Bony;
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Eriksen is destined for Anfield Proud

Also @Adrian, Howedes and Draxler would never move from Schalke to Dortmund
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Reus is probably similar to Ronaldo, if he moves inside, what he does from the wing, he can't do anymore. Just because both of them score goals, doesn't have to mean they would completely suit the CF position. There's certain things both of them might prefer/do, which is why they play on the wing.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Reus is a player who can play everywhere in the final third.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Reus is a player who can play everywhere in the final third.

^This
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Fri May 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Eriksen is destined for Anfield Proud

Also @Adrian, Howedes and Draxler would never move from Schalke to Dortmund

i'm not very familiar with Bundesliga rivalries and loyalties...and i know very little about players that are not from Borussia Dortmund, Bayern, Schalke, Leverkusen or Werder.

then Sokratis, Isco/Wijnaldum, Dzeko/Altidore.
if Reus move in center then Lens/Mertens/Narsingh for his winger position

Last edited by Adrian0911 on Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 pm

BVB won't but any of Isco/Eriksen/bigname ... they will find a cheap player who will turn out to be great, ala Gundogan/Lewa/Kuba etc. I'm sure that Klopp already knows "that player"

LE : They have Bittencourt and Leitner in the squad already...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Are there any Bony links at all Urban? and 12m seems a bit steep for someone who won't start tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 10, 2013 9:36 pm

There are no links but he's my personal favourite :coffee:

I don't think £12mio is too much tbh, he wouldn't stay on the bench all the time, Reus could go back on the left to make space for Bony - I just want more rotation and not start with the same team every week.

Can't think of a better/cheaper option if I'm honest.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

They need an AM, CF, CB and a LB.

AM, a replacement for Gotze, I feel Leitner is better in a deeper role as a CM rather than AM. My number 1 realistic choice is Eriksen, he would be a great replacement for Gotze.

CF, they should go for a player who has a great workrate as well as being able to take part in the build up, not too sure on any specific names though. I also personally think that if they want to be a European powerhouse for years to come, they need a better back up striker than Schieber.

CB, I think Santana has been linked with a move away from Dortmund, so they'll need a 3rd CB. Not too sure which player they should get, but I think they should be looking at a BL proven CB. And If Hummels leaves they should try to get Howedes, but it'll probably be nearly impossible due to the Schalke - BVB rivarly.

LB, I think Schmelzer is pretty bad. They should be looking for an improvement on that position.

Oh, regarding the DM position. Apart from Kehl and Bender, I find the other DM's job to be playmakers rather than destroyers. So I think they should be looking for a young Destroyer type DM, as a replacement for Kehl.

On how they should line up next season:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek Hummels Subotic Schmelzer/player x
Bender Gundogan
Kuba Eriksen Reus
Dzeko/player x

Last edited by Casciavit on Fri May 10, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Reus at CF would also solve Germany's CF problem since Klose is now too old to be expected to be the starting CF for Germany, so I like that. Then again, Podolski and Muller could probably succeed there as well.

I think they should make the Sahin deal permanent, hold onto Gundogan, bring in Podolski, and put a lot of faith in Leitner and Bittencourt as rotational players that could be starters in 14/15. Both are bright talents and with Dortmund having possibly the best scouts in Europe for young talents, I'm sure they have the ability to become top players. I think they should look something like this next season:

--Weidenfeller--
--Pisczek-- --Hummels-- --Subotic-- --Schmelzer--
--Sahin-- --Bender--
--Kuba-- --Gundogan-- --Reus--
--Podolski--

A 4-2-3-1 similar to Bayerns this season when Kroos is playing that is actually a 4-3-3. Podolski and Reuse could also easily interchange positions and float around to make it harder for defended to track them.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Get over it, Arsenal aren't selling Podolski and he's not looking to move either.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Well they obviously need an improvement over Schieber and to replace Lewa, so that's two STs. And another starting winger since it's most likely Reus is moving centrally. Bernand would be a great little player for them on the wing. As for the fowards, Leo Baptistao would've been perfect for them but he's already joining Atletico.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Can't believe I forgot about the LB issue... there's some real lack of quality LB's in the Bundesliga so I don't know who I would like to sign maybe PSV's Willems if he's available.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next