djfawnz
RealGunner
Zealous
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
115 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by Ganso Wed May 15, 2013 1:27 am

Danilo has been average and Rafael wont get into our squad for the next few after the olympic games.Hell, I think he wont ever get called up again unless he gets to goat level

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by djfawnz Wed May 15, 2013 1:39 am

sorry, maybe i shouldny have put that in the same line but, i just think almost 50% of the players are bases in Brazil....i just dont think the level is high enough for them to win WC
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 am

----------------------Cesar---------------
Alves---Thiago---Luiz/Dante-Fil. Luis
---------Fernando---Hernanes--------
--Lucas/Hulk-----Oscar-------Neymar
---------------Fred/Damiao--------------

Thats 3 non european players in our lineup....Neymai is probably going to europe next month along with Damiao.So we will most likely have 1 or 2 non euopean players in the starting 11

Last edited by Ganso on Wed May 15, 2013 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed May 15, 2013 1:49 am

Spain needs this one after what happened 4 years ago. They were so on track to not just win but to make history with the longest NT streak since brazil in the 70s and they lose to the US of all teams ffs.

Oh and will we finally see Spain and Brazil play each other in a tourney?? When was the last time they ever did? It's as if they're always on track to face off but never quite do.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 15, 2013 1:59 am

barca 2011 wrote:Spain needs this one after what happened 4 years ago. They were so on track to not just win but to make history with the longest NT streak since brazil in the 70s and they lose to the US of all teams ffs.

Oh and will we finally see Spain and Brazil play each other in a tourney?? When was the last time they ever did? It's as if they're always on track to face off but never quite do.
we have faced each other 8 times, 5 of those were in WCs.Last time was in 1999, 14 years ago.

We could be facing Spain in the final if we top our respective groups and Spain beat italy and we beat Uruguay in the semi finals.This competition is actually going to be interesting this time
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 15, 2013 2:02 am

Fortunantley for Brazil, this will probably be the weakest version of Spain since they started winning. Not that the players stepping up to replace the old vets arent good enough, it's just the nucleous they had before was already meshing perfectly. Spain should still be the favorites over the Brazil though. Brazil has been sub-par since there golden generation retired
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 15, 2013 2:04 am

Glad Lucas and Coutinho didn't get called up. Would be pretty bad if they had to miss this important preseason or worse get injured for this poverty trophy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 15, 2013 2:20 am

windkick wrote:Fortunantley for Brazil, this will probably be the weakest version of Spain since they started winning. Not that the players stepping up to replace the old vets arent good enough, it's just the nucleous they had before was already meshing perfectly. Spain should still be the favorites over the Brazil though. Brazil has been sub-par since there golden generation retired
of course,spain are still favorites against any NT.The only shot we have at winning something in the next year is having home advantage.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed May 15, 2013 2:28 am

Gil wrote:Ramires stamina and ability to press the ball is unmatched by any Brazilian player. Silly not to take him.

what? i thought ramires was kenyan anyway

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ7PUXP1PxS7U5ct3B6Y6RBcdrleFxrhQx0wXUre39wjTYIf7t
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed May 15, 2013 3:34 am

---------------------D. Lopez/De gea--------------------

M.M/Azpi-----Inigo/Pique-----Puyol/Ramos-----Naxto/Alba

-------------Javi G./Javi M--------Benat/Xabi------------

Mata/Silva------------Isco/Thiago------------Tello/Santi

-----------------------??????????------------------------

That's an XI which includes lots of the the next up and coming players for Spain and guys who (for the most part) don't get as many callups as the others. Of course this isn't including most of the current (or past, if u will) guys who were crucial in the WC/Euros so I left out major names like Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Cesc, and Busquets but even with that I think if VdB called up the 20 players I listed above they would still make the final for sure.

As far as the striker position however, I drew a blank. No one is really in hot form atm as far as a Spanish striker and Pedro's the only one who lights it up for Spain nowadays. Even Villa hasn't been himself so this smaller tournament would be a good platform to try and regain some form. Or they could just use any AM such as Isco, Santi Mata or Silva and go the false 9 route. That's actually up for a good discussion here but even without the majority of the WC winning team in the lineup Spain STILL looks like they could win given Brazil's inconsistencies as of late.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed May 15, 2013 3:48 am

Was hoping Oscar would be given a rest Sad I guess that means the club will have to let him off of preseason or do what Mata did at the start of the season and give him a few games break, he simply plays too many games for a youngster.

Pretty excited to see this Bernard guy play as i've only seen him on youtube and he looks a real treat, what are the chances of him getting some playing time Ganso?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed May 15, 2013 4:21 am

I don't think many Brazilians are looking forward to this cup..

FACT: Whoever wins Confederations Cup will NOT win the World Cup

Brazil have won it enough times.. time for World Cup.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed May 15, 2013 4:34 am

Catracho wrote:I don't think many Brazilians are looking forward to this cup..

Why not though? I know that the prestige to this cup is as low as it gets but it's still a chance for Brazil to demonstrate how ready they are for the WC not as an NT but the country as a whole. It'll give everyone a look at the vibe and the atmosphere before the very big event, it's like a pre-party. In footballing terms it's not a big deal but as a warm-up to the WC it's gonna be a lively event, a preview.

Plus I remember the final last time and the way that Brazil won it, the passion they showed in that final to come back was massive and the the way the celebrated Lucio's winner was more than memorable. They sure as hell took it seriously that time around and it wasn't even in Brazil.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 15, 2013 9:46 am

barca 2011 wrote:---------------------D. Lopez/De gea--------------------

M.M/Azpi-----Inigo/Pique-----Puyol/Ramos-----Naxto/Alba

-------------Javi G./Javi M--------Benat/Xabi------------

Mata/Silva------------Isco/Thiago------------Tello/Santi

-----------------------??????????------------------------

That's an XI which includes lots of the the next up and coming players for Spain and guys who (for the most part) don't get as many callups as the others. Of course this isn't including most of the current (or past, if u will) guys who were crucial in the WC/Euros so I left out major names like Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Cesc, and Busquets but even with that I think if VdB called up the 20 players I listed above they would still make the final for sure.

As far as the striker position however, I drew a blank. No one is really in hot form atm as far as a Spanish striker and Pedro's the only one who lights it up for Spain nowadays. Even Villa hasn't been himself so this smaller tournament would be a good platform to try and regain some form. Or they could just use any AM such as Isco, Santi Mata or Silva and go the false 9 route. That's actually up for a good discussion here but even without the majority of the WC winning team in the lineup Spain STILL looks like they could win given Brazil's inconsistencies as of late.

Del Bosque will start his usually XI, so Casillas, Xavi, Iniesta, etc will all be in it. I hope he does give some time to a few young players such as Isco, Mata, etc. I believe Javi Martinez should be taking over for Alonso come WC14. Him and Busi in the middle :O
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Xavi won't be a starter in 2014 IMO
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 pm

our most probable lineup according to journalists

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 2 Campinho-Roberto-Assaf_LANIMA20130514_0139_48
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Isn't Fred like 28? Wouldn't be better to use this tourney to test out the youngsters, see who's prepared and who's not? Damiao would be a better option methinks
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed May 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Damiao will play a lot, but we need to test Fred one last time before the WC.He has been scoring for fun in the NT and at his club.He is the undisputed starter according to any Brazil nt fan
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Ah, alright fair enough then

It'll be interesting seeing Gustavo on the International stage hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Isn't Fred like 28? Wouldn't be better to use this tourney to test out the youngsters, see who's prepared and who's not? Damiao would be a better option methinks

Thats what we had oodles and noodles of friendlies for...

Damiao has definitely not shown up like Fred has, and tbf he might lose his spot anytime now to Tardelli or Jo with the kind of form they're a displaying for Atletico-MG.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed May 15, 2013 7:17 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Catracho wrote:I don't think many Brazilians are looking forward to this cup..

Why not though? I know that the prestige to this cup is as low as it gets but it's still a chance for Brazil to demonstrate how ready they are for the WC not as an NT but the country as a whole. It'll give everyone a look at the vibe and the atmosphere before the very big event, it's like a pre-party. In footballing terms it's not a big deal but as a warm-up to the WC it's gonna be a lively event, a preview.

Plus I remember the final last time and the way that Brazil won it, the passion they showed in that final to come back was massive and the the way the celebrated Lucio's winner was more than memorable. They sure as hell took it seriously that time around and it wasn't even in Brazil.

Pride kicked in. who wants to lose to the US 2-0??? smh Had to show face and they did and won.. then they didn't win the World Cup.. this is more than a curse its a way of life.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Cesare Prandelli has named his initial 31-man squad for the Confederations Cup:

Goalkeepers: Agazzi (Cagliari), Buffon (Juventus), Marchetti (Lazio), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Antonelli (Genoa), Astori (Cagliari), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), De Sciglio (Milan), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter);

Midfielders: Aquilani (Fiorentina), Bonaventura (Atalanta), Candreva (Lazio), Cerci (Torino), De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus), Poli (Sampdoria);

Forwards: Balotelli (Milan), El Shaarawy (Milan), Gilardino (Bologna), Giovinco (Juventus), Osvaldo (Roma), Sau (Cagliari).

The 23-man squad for the Confederations Cup will be named on June 3.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Ganso wrote:our most probable lineup according to journalists

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 2 Campinho-Roberto-Assaf_LANIMA20130514_0139_48

That looks really promising if I do say so myself.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Fernando is going to have his plate full covering for the gaps playing with both Alves and Marcelo will leave. If I were Scolari I would play with a 3-5-2
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 16, 2013 10:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Fernando is going to have his plate full covering for the gaps playing with both Alves and Marcelo will leave. If I were Scolari I would play with a 3-5-2

That is what it's going to be effectively if both fullbacks go up since Fernando will drop back to plug the gaps. I actually doubt that both will go up at once though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri May 17, 2013 1:42 am

Alves actually doesnt attack half as much as he does with Barca when he plays for us.Marcelo does though,mainly because of Nerman
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next