djfawnz
RealGunner
Zealous
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
115 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by Ganso Fri May 17, 2013 1:42 am

Alves actually doesnt attack half as much as he does with Barca when he plays for us.Marcelo does though,mainly because of Nerman

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread

Post by barca 2011 Fri May 24, 2013 6:49 am

Now with Spain having announced their squad for the U-21 Euro I think it makes it a bit easier to predict the CC call-up. Here goes:

Arqueros:
Iker Casillas
Victor Valdes
Pepe Reina

Defensores:
Sergio Ramos
Gerard Pique
Jordi Alba
Raul Albiol
Naxto Monreal
Juanfran

Mediocampistas:
Xavi Hernandez
Xabi Alonso
Andres Iniesta
Cesc Fabregas
David Silva
Sergio Busquets
Santi Cazorla
Javi Martinez
Juan Mata
Benat Extebarria

Delanteros:
Roberto Soldado
Pedro Rodriguez
Fernando Torres
David Villa

That's who I think will be the legit call-up, with a slight chance of Mario Suarez or Alvaro Negredo getting in there in place of anyone else.

/Confederations Cup
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon May 27, 2013 2:41 pm

official
La lista, con nueve jugadores del Barça, es la siguiente:

Porteros: Iker Casillas, Víctor Valdés, Pepe Reina

Defensas: Arbeloa, Azpilicueta, Piqué, Albiol, Sergio Ramos, Javi García, Jordi Alba, Monreal.

Centrocampistas: Busquets, Javi Martinez, Xabi Alonso, Santi Cazorla, Xavi, Iniesta, Beñat, Jesús Navas, David Silva, Juan Mata.

Delanteros: Pedro, Cesc Fábregas, Roberto Soldado, David Villa y Fernando Torres.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 am

Anyone know of a site that shows the preliminary squads for the Confederations Cup?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Schedule announced

http://m.fifa.com/confederationscup/matches/index.html

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Alonso is out of the tourny

good news for spain
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:32 pm

wont be missed

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 pm

from twitter:

Straight after the England game all the Brazilian players are contacting their lawyers to draft their wills. Brazilian players are expecting to be publicly executed next year after they fail to get out of the group stages. Neymar moved to Barcelona a year earleier than expected so he could get one season in Europe before he bids farewell.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:14 am

Ganso wrote:our most probable lineup according to journalists

The Official Confederations Cup thread  - Page 3 Campinho-Roberto-Assaf_LANIMA20130514_0139_48

Luiz over Dante :facepalm:

In terms of "names" a great lineup, but seems "soft" to me.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 am

Fernando should be no more near the selecao never mind the starting 11. One of Hernanes or Paulinho should start but I prefer Hernanes alongside Luiz Gustavo
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:04 am

biggiejay wrote:Fernando should be no more near the selecao never mind the starting 11. One of Hernanes or Paulinho should start but I prefer Hernanes alongside Luiz Gustavo

Hi mate , what about the shaktar mid ? Fernandinho ?

is there any chance for Coutinho to be at the WC or no chance ( assuming his next year would be like the flash he showed towars the end of this season )?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:15 am

biggiejay wrote:Fernando should be no more near the selecao never mind the starting 11. One of Hernanes or Paulinho should start but I prefer Hernanes alongside Luiz Gustavo

Completely agree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 am

According to Scolari, Luis Gustavo is going to start in the confed cup and that will be his test for the wc.Right now the most interesting fight going on is Hernanes vs Paulinho
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:54 am

You guys are talking about the Fernando who plays in brazil not Porto right?

Put Dante, hernanes and Lucas and the team will be perfect, at least on paper. Can't wait for the confederations cup, too bad Italy brazil will be the last game of the group for both teams
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:40 am

Benat and Javi Garcia dropped as well.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:01 am

The europa league of international competitions. Hate it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:46 am

Spain to win this finally, they should be hugnry for it and win this last cup they havent won in this golden era Smile The only problem I see is upfront, although Torres getting back a bit of form and Soldado is always goal threat together with Villa. But Spain too good in other areas and will make up for that I think.

Not sure Brazil or Italy and snatch it. Looking forward to watching Brazil though.... and hopefully vs Spain, Barca teammates at each other Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:04 am

free_cat wrote:The europa league of international competitions. Hate it.
I honestly don't get the hate. I know it's not the most prestigious tournament but what's so wrong with it? Nowadays we barely get enough NT football as it is and during the offseason I gotta say I crave a little football.

This tourney is also a WC preview and we get to see some of the better NTs as well (I know we also see some terrible ones, like Tahiti, but still). And it's not the EL of competitions, more like the CWC which I'm guessing you guys must hate as well. I can see why some might call these competitions "meaningless" (even though their not, since they are official titles) but why people get so worked up about them I'll never understand.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 am

Completely agree with barca2011
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 am

barca 2011 wrote:
free_cat wrote:The europa league of international competitions. Hate it.
I honestly don't get the hate. I know it's not the most prestigious tournament but what's so wrong with it? Nowadays we barely get enough NT football as it is and during the offseason I gotta say I crave a little football.

This tourney is also a WC preview and we get to see some of the better NTs as well (I know we also see some terrible ones, like Tahiti, but still). And it's not the EL of competitions, more like the CWC which I'm guessing you guys must hate as well. I can see why some might call these competitions "meaningless" (even though their not, since they are official titles) but why people get so worked up about them I'll never understand.

"We barely get enough NT football as it is"

This is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

I generally hate all international football, so obviously more this Europa League of international competitions.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Not really, because the EL is a second-string Europe, whereas the CC is the winner of every confederation. So it's more like the CWC since the winner has a legitimate claim to being the best in the world, whereas the winner of the EL only has a claim to being the best of the rest.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:54 pm

except the confed cup is a pointless waste of time nobody gives a shit about and the winner most certainly does not have a legit claim to being the best in the world, not even close

it's a bunch of friendlies that exist for the sole purpose of trying out the infrastructure of the host country on a smaller scale, let's not pretend that it's a legitimate competition
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

If Slovakia won it, would you be happy?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 pm

wouldn't care... it's the international equivalent of the emirates cup
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Well it just seems that some of us have very different opinions about smaller competitions and international football in general. Aside from when NT football is directly responsible for lots of injuries during the club season, I genuinely enjoy NT football as I feel like it's a part of the game that is slowly fading. But at one point it was all that the game was about although I know these are different times. That's just my take on it though.

Also, I think it goes without saying that the winner of this Cup isn't going to be known as the worlds best. Seriously, who here claimed that it did? Generally speaking it is the CWC of national teams but when corinthians won it last year they did that make them the best? It's common knowledge ffs. That's what the actual WC is for, lol.

Btw BC I know you were describing the format of the event.

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Dude, there are more NT games and competitions nowadays than ever in history. The opposite of fading. The EL of internationals was just invented a few years ago. At no point in football's history NT were the center of the game: the sport was first organized locally in clubs and clubs will continue to maintain it. These are facts.

And finally, my opinion is that NT football sucks and should be reduced to the minimal expression like in basketball.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next