Great read: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid

+2
sportsczy
guest7
6 posters

Go down

Great read: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid Empty Great read: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid

Post by guest7 Tue May 21, 2013 12:39 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1er1jh/3_years_a_comprehensive_look_at_mourinhos_real/

Sums it up, really.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Great read: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid Empty Re: Great read: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Mou got very favorable CL draws in elimination rounds. Here's our record there:

- beat Lyon (had sold a lot of their good players)
- beat Spurs
- lost to Barca

- beat Moscow
- beat APOEL
- lost to Bayern

- beat Man U
- beat Galatasaray
- lost to Dortmund

The only quality win here was Man U... and you can't say we didn't get lucky there.

We never cared about CDR before Mou. Really don't care about it much now tbh lol. Only reason it took on meaning was playing Barca or Atleti. The tournament itself never was and never will be a focus for Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Great read: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid Empty Re: Great read: A comprehensive look at Mourinho’s Real Madrid

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Such a ridiculously biased article. Is he seriously taking credit for Mou giving the debut to 26 youth players in spite of only 4 of those playing more than 90 minutes and none of them becoming a starter? Laughing I seem to remember that when Mou became head of Madrid he claimed that he wanted to promote a youth player and make him into a superstar. Obviously he failed. But you wouldn't know it from that article.

Edit: Didn't see the "The Bad" section, I retract my statement about it being biased.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue May 21, 2013 3:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Such a ridiculously biased article. Is he seriously taking credit for Mou giving the debut to 26 youth players in spite of only 4 of those playing more than 90 minutes and none of them becoming a starter? Laughing I seem to remember that when Mou became head of Madrid he claimed that he wanted to promote a youth player and make him into a superstar. Obviously he failed. But you wouldn't know it from that article.

Edit: Didn't see the "The Bad" section, I retract my statement about it being biased.

He said that's better than the previous managers
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Calling up Fabinho and ignoring Jese, Denis and others is an absolute joke. He also kept calling up that Portuguese kid last year when he was the worse CB at Castilla.

Mou and Toril don't like each other. If a Castilla player stood for Toril, which Jese did, he was ostracized.

Also, Morata should have been lent out this year to develop. The way we used him... he basically lost a year. And Morata wasn't even one of the top 3 forwards at Castilla this year... so i don't see how he deserved to be up.

His record with Castilla youth has been nothing short of atrocious.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Ignored Carvajal for two straight years two, only to promote Fabinho a year later when he is not even half as good as Carvajal. fcked up merit system based on who your agent is. we are lucky Carvajal beasted so much in Germany, could have helped us a great deal this season between washed up Arbeloa and Essien. unbelievable those are our fullbacks nowadays.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 pm

I don't know much about Madrid youth so I'm not going to debate Madrid fans but which ones did he get wrong?

Carvajal to Leverkusen was actually a smart move. He gained a lot of experience playing abroad and will be a better player because of it. Don't know why Madrid fans complain about him, considering he'll return this summer.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but aside from Carv which other youngsters are good enough to play for Madrid? Seems like the majority of them are destined for Getafe or Betis.

Is Jese who's supposedly the pick of the bunch even in Deulofeu's league?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

we are upset because it's been two years that our right side is highly unproductive, and nothing was done to change that. if signing players was a problem how come that carvajal who has been the most matured castilla players for the past couple of seasons never even played a friendly, but fabinho shows up from Brazil, plays average and gets into UCL squad list.

And Jese is a better player than Deulofeu, Denis Cheryshev too, and that's why Capello gave him his NT debut.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Just so you know how good Jese was this year... he beat Butragueno's club castilla record for goals in a season with 21 goals. He had 21 goals and 10 assists in 36 games. For Spain U19 team that won the Euro last summer, he had 5 goals that led the tournament .

Outstanding player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue May 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Mou has hardly done our academy any good, and yes, Carvajal should have been promoted this season (but tbh i dont mind him getting loaned out since in the end all worked out, right?) and him ostracizing Jese was hardly fair

but he still beats out our previous managers in this category, u simply cant ignore that. morata has 15 apps for us according to wiki, which is not bad for real madrid, and one of those games were vs barca tbf
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Issue is that Morata has played a total of 585 mins for Madrid this year in 15 games. That's not even 40 mins per game on average Laughing That's terrible for a kid. Only way he gets player is to play until his legs fall off.

Other issue is that Denis and Jese have both been better than Morata this year... and Joselu and Jese were better than him last year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue May 21, 2013 4:46 pm

I actually thought keeping Jesé away from the first team was the right thing. Dude's obviously got talent, but from what ive heard, he's got an attitude to match.
Jesé basically sealed his fate by talking crap bout Mou in that interview.
Morata got his spot in the team by keeping his head down and being patient. The power struggle with Toril may have played its part with Jesé's exclusion, but the boy didn't help his cause at all.

Last edited by Kamikaze692 on Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2013 4:56 pm

You know what happened? Mou was called out for not calling up the best Castilla players and he responded by saying that Toril didn't play his players in the correct positions and didn't play a style that was consistent with the senior team... complete bs because Castilla play EXACTLY like Madrid tactically and everyone was playing in their correct slots. Toril got angy and said Mou was incorrect. Jese backed up his manager, who is Toril and not Mourinho.

Frankly, my opinion of Jese went up for supporting Toril like that. It was the right thing to do.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down