Why have we got so few Bayern Munich fans?

+24
Adit
Motogp69
ExtremistEnigma
RED
drakefyre
VivaStPauli
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
BarcaLearning
Red Alert
ioilersrock448
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
Kick
Lupi
Pedram
la bestia negra
Dante
RealGunner
Zealous
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why have we got so few Bayern Munich fans? Empty Why have we got so few Bayern Munich fans?

Post by Art Morte Sat May 25, 2013 11:40 pm

They have just won the Champions League, but the latest post in their section is something like over a week old.

Is it something about their fanbase or GoalLegacy just having tough luck attracting their fans?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Why have we got so few Bayern Munich fans? Empty Re: Why have we got so few Bayern Munich fans?

Post by Zealous Sat May 25, 2013 11:41 pm

To be a Bayern fan would require you to watch Bundesliga matches every week. That's a pretty huge commitment.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Why have we got so few Bayern Munich fans? Empty Re: Why have we got so few Bayern Munich fans?

Post by RealGunner Sat May 25, 2013 11:46 pm

It's not just GL, even back in Vbulletin and Lithium we hardly had any Bayern fans.

Don't know why
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Zealous wrote:To be a Bayern fan would require you to watch Bundesliga matches every week. That's a pretty huge commitment.

i too don't know how they do it really. Bayern hasn't lost a game since months , how do they watch that stuff
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat May 25, 2013 11:54 pm

apart from a few special cases

we tend to hang out around bayern forums

Smile
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun May 26, 2013 12:03 am

Messiah. Sad
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun May 26, 2013 12:08 am

Very Happy dont worry youll see more of them soon time
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 26, 2013 12:10 am

It is a shame, really.

I would love to see more join.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 26, 2013 12:12 am

With Pep as manager next season. Gotze joining. Them winning CL already. I see the bandwagon at its peak atm. We'll see may more joining in and then pretending they've been supporting Bayern since 1990s.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sun May 26, 2013 12:30 am

I think the vast majority of Bayern fans are german speakers
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 26, 2013 12:54 am

1991 wrote:I think the vast majority of Bayern fans are german speakers

So are many other BL fans on here but they still post.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 26, 2013 1:08 am

Because a disproportionate number of them are very cocky, troll hard and get subsequently get banned. This constant banning of Bayern fans doesn't allow a critical mass of Bayern fans to grow here and discuss Bayern related topics.

I call it the Sushi Master rule, named after the exception.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 26, 2013 1:27 am

There aren't many Man Utd fans either?

Not saying Bundesliga's a bad league or anything, but I think that's the reason there aren't many Bayern fans.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sun May 26, 2013 6:44 am

Bundesliga isn't very atractive world wide, more people across the world are more attracted to clubs like Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, United, Arsenal, etc. That's why there are so few Bayern fans.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 26, 2013 7:02 am

Yohan Modric wrote:There aren't many Man Utd fans either?

Not saying Bundesliga's a bad league or anything, but I think that's the reason there aren't many Bayern fans.

Man Utd and Bayern Munich aren't related at all. And they're not even in the same league. So what does that have to do with anything? scratch
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 26, 2013 10:06 am

Out of the german league I always liked Bayern the bestm especially now Very Happy Pep, Robbery, so exiting to watch. Bandwagon ppl, and they fact that they are to total, im sure this will change very quickly Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 26, 2013 10:33 am

Believe me, you don't want more Bayern fans in this forum Wink

Most of them are different to the ones we have here.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 26, 2013 12:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Because a disproportionate number of them are very cocky, troll hard and get subsequently get banned. This constant banning of Bayern fans doesn't allow a critical mass of Bayern fans to grow here and discuss Bayern related topics.

I call it the Sushi Master rule, named after the exception.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun May 26, 2013 12:13 pm

TBH as a German you never need to visit a english website if you don't want to. So many probably don't bother with an international forum and instead hang out on German Bayern boards.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 26, 2013 1:32 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH as a German you never need to visit a english website if you don't want to. So many probably don't bother with an international forum and instead hang out on German Bayern boards.

That's a good point, yeah, I'd imagine it could be the same with Russian fans, you can get everything in Russian if you want to. Chinese fans, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 26, 2013 1:50 pm

ynwa wrote:

Man Utd and Bayern Munich aren't related at all. And they're not even in the same league. So what does that have to do with anything? scratch

I didn't say they were related. I was just saying there aren't many Man Utd fans either on here, so it could just be a few top clubs don't have many fans on here.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun May 26, 2013 1:59 pm

ynwa wrote:

Well , I'd presume there are not much Bayern fans on an English forum cos the majority of them do not speak English .

The lack of ManU fans on the forums may also have the same explanation Very Happy
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 26, 2013 4:38 pm

It's the same situation with utd fans on this forum. Hardly any of us here.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 4:46 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:Bundesliga isn't very atractive world wide, more people across the world are more attracted to clubs like Chelsea, Barca, Madrid, United, Arsenal, etc. That's why there are so few Bayern fans.

The Bundesliga is very popular in Eastern Europa, China and nowadays increasingly popular in South Korea and Japan (because of all the Bundesliga players from those countries).

But it is not very popular in English or Spanish-speaking countries. If all the Americans/Canadians of German heritage still spoke German (the way many Italian- Americans still speak Italian) things might be different.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Im not sure but I just know that TV coverage is cheap for the league compared to say the EPL and the La Liga....thats why in some cases it gets more attention since its more seen Razz The other thing is probably the star effect and the promotion they do. EPL teams often visit Asia and I dont think any of the German teams do? EPL and La Liga know how to market their image and stars, German league probably can learn to do more of that if they wanna gain more coverage and fan base around the globe.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next