Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer?

+12
BarrileteCosmico
Onyx
justdoit_
chinomaster182
Kingofeverythingclassy
Bellabong
rwo power
S32TABLANCA
EarlyPrototype
urbaNRoots
Lord Awesome
Blue Barrett
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer? Empty Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer?

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:54 pm

I was talking to my mate and he told me how sections of Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer. He said was a massive Shalke fan who became an ultra on the terraces at Gelshinkerchen. There was a big scene when Shalke either won or won the league at the Allianz and Neuer ran to the corner flag to imitate Oliver Khan's celebration when they pipped Shalke to the title in 2001.

Apparantly he had to sign a code of conduct banning him from celebrating with the rest of the team at the end of games!

How true is this and if true to what degree?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer? Empty Re: Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Should've stayed at Schalke, IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer? Empty Re: Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer?

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:00 pm

It's all true, some stupid Bayern fans hate their own keeper who saves their ass almost every single match.

Oh... and Manuel should've never become an Ultra Schalke 04 fan if he had intentions of joining a rivals club.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Not all Bayern fans hate him just some of the extreme maniacs. I believe he is slowly winning them over though.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Yes, it was quite a big deal back when Neuer signed for Bayern. I assume they appreciate him a bit more nowadays.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:07 pm

@Barrettinator

Manuel Neuer was a long term member of the Buerschenschaft (a Schalke Ultrá group) hailing from Gelsenkirchen-Buer. Neuer once really upset the Bayern ultrás when he mocked a celebration by Oliver Kahn at the corner flag when Schalke defeated Bayern at the Allianz Arena in 2009:

So when Neuer decided to join Bayern in 2011, the Bayern ultrás were adamantly against Neuer and showed their displeasure with banners and more. To get a kind of "peace treaty", the members of five Bayern ultrá groups sat down at a round table with Manuel Neuer and they worked out a kind of "peace treaty" while issuing a certain code of conduct for Neuer (like he should never kiss the Bayern badge etc). As a former Schalke ultrá, Neuer of course acknowledged the points and agreed to them, as he can understand the feelings of the Bayern ultrá groups, too.

On the other side, the Schalke ultrás now consider Neuer a traitor and when he first returned to the Arena auf Schalke as Bayern keeper, they put up very insulting banners and other really disgusting things (like a hanged puppet of Neuer). So in a way Neuer is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Fortunately, Uli Hoeness and the other Bayern big wigs support Neuer 100% and they are actually really annoyed at the actions of the ultrá groups.

urbaNRoots wrote:Oh... and Manuel should've never become an Ultra Schalke 04 fan if he had intentions of joining a rivals club.
Well, Manu Neuer was at Schalke since he was 4 years old, so I guess originally he didn't think about leaving Schalke any time soon. Bayern just gave him a better opportunity to win trophies, and as very many people value a player more by the trophies he got and not by his ability, this was probably a logical move.

BTW, one thing many people probably don't know anymore: When Oliver Kahn transferred to Bayern from the KSC, he was considered public enemy Nr.1 at Bayern in the beginning, too. Moreso as he produced a real howler in his first match. Sounds familiar? Very Happy As you know how things developed later, I think Manu Neuer shouldn't be too worried.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Oh... and Manuel should've never become an Ultra Schalke 04 fan if he had intentions of joining a rivals club.

You do not understand Gelsenkirchen then.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:12 pm

To be honest Neuer's 1st Season has been average. Brilliant at times mediocre at times,overall nothing extra-ordinary. I think he was the most jobless keeper in history if you consider shots on goals. We went in like 12-13 match clean streaks & he had 1-2 harmless shots to save in a few matches.

People who saw he saved our asses and stuff absolutely have 0 Footballing Knowledge.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Its all very ridiculous anyhow. A round table to discuss a peace treaty?? Is this still plain old football or is it civil war??
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Good god, what a bunch of selfish pricks. You chose to support (many of them blatantly gloryhunting) a global brand, deal with it.

They'd be kissing his boots right now if Olic and Schweinsteiger hadn't blown their load at the penalty spot.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Wow! Thanks for the explanation, rwo. That's quite a difficult position to be in.

About the Kahn reference, I do think Kahn is a better personality than Neuer so it would be easier to like Kahn over time than Neuer. Wouldn't you agree?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Can't they just forgive him? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:People who saw he saved our asses and stuff absolutely have 0 Footballing Knowledge.
You must have not watched against Real Madrid :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Wow! Thanks for the explanation, rwo. That's quite a difficult position to be in.

About the Kahn reference, I do think Kahn is a better personality than Neuer so it would be easier to like Kahn over time than Neuer. Wouldn't you agree?
YW.

Well, Oliver Kahn and Manuel Neuer are very different personalities. Ollie Kahn was a force of nature, you could say, while Manu Neuer is very witty and has a pretty cool sense of humour.

I mean, just look at this:

Oliver Kahn's most outrageous scenes:

Manuel Neuer trolls silly reporters:

I think it is very possible to like both of them, just for different reasons.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:33 pm

rwo power wrote:@Barrettinator

Manuel Neuer was a long term member of the Buerschenschaft (a Schalke Ultrá group) hailing from Gelsenkirchen-Buer. Neuer once really upset the Bayern ultrás when he mocked a celebration by Oliver Kahn at the corner flag when Schalke defeated Bayern at the Allianz Arena in 2009:

So when Neuer decided to join Bayern in 2011, the Bayern ultrás were adamantly against Neuer and showed their displeasure with banners and more. To get a kind of "peace treaty", the members of five Bayern ultrá groups sat down at a round table with Manuel Neuer and they worked out a kind of "peace treaty" while issuing a certain code of conduct for Neuer (like he should never kiss the Bayern badge etc). As a former Schalke ultrá, Neuer of course acknowledged the points and agreed to them, as he can understand the feelings of the Bayern ultrá groups, too.

On the other side, the Schalke ultrás now consider Neuer a traitor and when he first returned to the Arena auf Schalke as Bayern keeper, they put up very insulting banners and other really disgusting things (like a hanged puppet of Neuer). So in a way Neuer is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Fortunately, Uli Hoeness and the other Bayern big wigs support Neuer 100% and they are actually really annoyed at the actions of the ultrá groups.

urbaNRoots wrote:Oh... and Manuel should've never become an Ultra Schalke 04 fan if he had intentions of joining a rivals club.
Well, Manu Neuer was at Schalke since he was 4 years old, so I guess originally he didn't think about leaving Schalke any time soon. Bayern just gave him a better opportunity to win trophies, and as very many people value a player more by the trophies he got and not by his ability, this was probably a logical move.

BTW, one thing many people probably don't know anymore: When Oliver Kahn transferred to Bayern from the KSC, he was considered public enemy Nr.1 at Bayern in the beginning, too. Moreso as he produced a real howler in his first match. Sounds familiar? Very Happy As you know how things developed later, I think Manu Neuer shouldn't be too worried.

I have never...I have never...Munchen...Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer? 14047752796496505428
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 pm

@Jibers

Oh come on, this was only his first year at Bayern Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Of course we do

Spoiler:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Conceded 6 goals in 2 finals in his first year(losing both) after transferring from a huge rival of who he is/was a fan and whose success he used to publicly attack Bayern in the past.

Of course he's gonna get a bit of hate.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Conceded 6 goals in 2 finals in his first year after transferring from a huge rival of who he is/was a fan and whose success he used to publicly attack Bayern in the past.

Of course he's gonna get a bit of hate.

Do certain Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer? 14047752796496505428
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Conceded 6 goals in 2 finals in his first year after transferring from a huge rival of who he is/was a fan and whose success he used to publicly attack Bayern in the past.
As a matter of fact, Schalke and Bayern are not really rivals. The big rivalry is Schalke vs Dortmund (aka Herne-West vs Lüdenscheid-Nord Very Happy)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Doesn't everyone consider Bayern a rival in Germany to a degree?

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Doesn't everyone consider Bayern a rival in Germany to a degree?
Hm. Not really. There is a lot of disdain (publicly the other clubs will say "respect", of course XD). Bayern's classic rivalries are with 1860 and the Club.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 am

As we already know, I am one of those ultra fans, but you can all see now that I made the Playmaker goalkeeper thread, so all that is behind us.

All Bayern fans love Neuer and we should be more worried about Robben....
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:14 am

The Messiah wrote:As we already know, I am one of those ultra fans, but you can all see now that I made the Playmaker goalkeeper thread, so all that is behind us.
Ummm... Actually, you are not. You admitted yourself in the Bayern section that you didn't even know the ultrà groups that were the driving force for the code of conduct that Manuel Neuer had to sign. And these are still not 100% convinced of him, if you follow their comments.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:29 am

rwo power wrote:
The Messiah wrote:As we already know, I am one of those ultra fans, but you can all see now that I made the Playmaker goalkeeper thread, so all that is behind us.
Ummm... Actually, you are not. You admitted yourself in the Bayern section that you didn't even know the ultrà groups that were the driving force for the code of conduct that Manuel Neuer had to sign. And these are still not 100% convinced of him, if you follow their comments.

Well......I also remembered I said I don't need groups to become an ultra fan, if I was Germany I will be member of all the group but distance separate me from actually joining the group, but at the end of the day I'm an ultra fan and there is no shame to it...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next