boyzis
Twoism
REWB
Sina
CBarca
63 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:38 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Fabregas on Spanish Radio: "I will not join Man United. Rumours are false."
Notice he didn't say

" I will not be leaving Barcelona. All rumors of me leaving are false"

:bow: on second thought screw logic and needs, WENGER BRING HIM BACK
nice.. for those ultimate optimists like me who wants to take this and get more excited..
he would have certainly said that before last season, that "he is very happy at his home.. i came to Barca to see out my career.." etc.. we dont see such comments from him these days.. Twisted Evil

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Gee! Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Seems to me that this just some BS rumor on twitter. Cesc is probably enjoying his Barca DNA nurturing..
Gee!
Gee!
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:12 pm

how are we supposed to strengthen if we are not willing to splash 25M on Jovetic
he is best option
come On now before we get Gazumped again No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:46 pm

Cesc quote was indeed fake. This one isn't:

Spanish journalist Axel Torres: "David Villa is going to England, I've been told he has pre-contract with Arsenal" http://bit.ly/10PGrsl
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:52 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:08 pm

if this happens then :facepalm:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:14 pm

hopefully that journo is spanish version of Tancerdi Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:20 pm

? if we get villa AND jovetic, im happy. wtf is up with you guys, we are talking about villa NOT HESKY FFS
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:23 pm

sure but who can guarantee we will get any other attacker if we sign villa Sad
if we get both then sure everyone will be happy Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Villa record at Barcelona (2010-2013, all comps): 119 apps (91 starts) 48 goals, 14 assists (Note: plays on left, broken leg)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Depends on what price Villa is coming, if arsenal pay more then 8 million for him it will be a bad. A 31 year old injury prone striker coming to the toughest league in Europe (physically) is a gamble and the higher we bet the more will be risk of loss. Then again we have fcuked Barca with some sales in recent years such as Hleb, Henry to a certain extent etc so they may be thinking they could return the favour this time around.
The question is where will he play? He does not have the physique to lead the line, and paying someone over 60000 pounds (just assuming) to sit on the bench seems an awful waste of resources.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Villa's played as a lone striker throughout his prime at Valencia. You don't need a strong physique to play up front alone. What you need is intelligence, a strong work ethic and good technical ability, all of which Villa has in spades.

I don't know where this injury prone tag has come from, either. He had a broken leg and was out for several months, but apart from that he's barely been injured.

His age is an issue since it means he'd only be a short-term solution, but the guy is still better than what we have. If don't get somebody younger and end up with Villa, I'm not going to complain at all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:Fabregas on Spanish Radio: "I will not join Man United. Rumours are false."
Cesc just squatted and took a giant dump on so many Utd fan's hopes and dreams rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:06 pm

fake quote sadly
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:08 pm

I would be happy with Villa. He still scores goals, he is a very intelligent player, and it's not like Giroud/Poldi/Theo are useless when played as strikers either so it just gives us more options and quality up front until someone becomes prolific. Yeah I'd love a Cavani, but we aren't going to get someone like that, and Jovetic isn't a sure-fire to score 30 goals a season either, so getting Villa and using him until someone else really grows into the role wouldn't be the worst option in the world, especially if we are also getting Sanogo as a long-term option.

What I find strange is that so many people act like if we don't get a mega-signing of a striker, we'll be utterly fecked. It's as if a lot of people just want Giroud permanently benched after his 17 goal, 11 assists first season here, and don't trust Theo or Poldi to keep scoring goals either. We could definitely make worse signings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: get a CB, then offer Barca one lump sum for Villa, Cesc, and Song and call it a day :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Spanish journalist Axel Torres: "David Villa is going to England, I've been told he has pre-contract with Arsenal" http://bit.ly/10PGrsl

Excellent news if true! Now get Julio Cesar done, sign Jovetic then Kondogbia/another DM and call it a day...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:fake quote sadly

It may be fake but its the truth, what are the chances of Cesc coming back and playing for Moyse while Wenger is at Arsenal?0.

The chances of Cesc leaving Barcelona is also 0. He will stay there until Xavi and Inista retire and take over.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Negredo scored a Golazo :bow:
was he a target for us ?:coffee:
-----
how do they say "Mind The Collapse" in spanish we should Join Sociedad fans and sing that, Valencia doing their best spuds impression Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Álvaro Negredo 2012/13 (all comps): 42 apps (40 starts) 31 goals - £19m release clause but likely to leave for less due to #sevilla finances
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Teams Arsenal could face in UCL Qualifiers (from twitter)

Real Soceidad
Metalist Kharkiv
PSV
Fenerbahce
PAOK
Pacos de Ferreira
Nordsjaelland
Salzburg

No that we can't beat them, but should really avoid Sociedad, PSV and Fenerbahce
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 pm

north ireland i mean nordsjzcjelland pls
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Álvaro Negredo 2012/13 (all comps): 42 apps (40 starts) 31 goals - £19m release clause but likely to leave for less due to #sevilla finances

Giroud last season (11/12): 42 apps (38 starts) 25 goals PLUS 12 assists.
Negredo had 5 assists this season.

So 42 appearances for both, with Giroud directly influencing 37 goals and Negredo directly influencing 36... why spend nearly 20m on the latter this summer when you already have the former?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Teams Arsenal could face in UCL Qualifiers (from twitter)

Real Soceidad
Metalist Kharkiv
PSV
Fenerbahce
PAOK
Pacos de Ferreira
Nordsjaelland
Salzburg

No that we can't beat them, but should really avoid Sociedad, PSV and Fenerbahce

You would utterly destroy all 3.

Sociedad are overrated due to how weak La Liga is and PSV and Fenerbahce are obvious and i don't need to explain it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:15 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Álvaro Negredo 2012/13 (all comps): 42 apps (40 starts) 31 goals - £19m release clause but likely to leave for less due to #sevilla finances

So 42 appearances for both, with Giroud directly influencing 37 goals and Negredo directly influencing 36... why spend nearly 20m on the latter this summer when you already have the former?

Don't shoot the messenger!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 pm

RedOranje wrote:

Trust me the stats dont tell the whole story, Giroud is at most a squad player at Arsenal.
But I know next year Giroud and injured Sango will be our only strikers. smoking

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next