Swanhends
Yuri Yukuv
Blue
billy_gr
Mr Nick09
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal reject 22M Man utd offer for Nasri - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal reject 22M Man utd offer for Nasri

Post by cyberman Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 pm

No, Nasri is overrated.
In no way does he shine every time hes played centrally...

Hope Wenger feels this way

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Arsenal reject 22M Man utd offer for Nasri - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal reject 22M Man utd offer for Nasri

Post by Ali Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ all the people that think Arsenal are going to suck.

Buy quality at CB, LB , b2b mid and another forward and play 4-3-3 and they are arguably stronger than before.

The funny thing the criticism is coming from a Chelsea fan who need practically a new midfield and new attack to win the league.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! And they seem to be on every thread I look at Rolling Eyes
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ all the people that think Arsenal are going to suck.

Buy quality at CB, LB , b2b mid and another forward and play 4-3-3 and they are arguably stronger than before.

The funny thing the criticism is coming from a Chelsea fan who need practically a new midfield and new attack to win the league.

completely agree. turn the team dynamic around wilshere

samba
cissokho
guarin
benzema
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 pm

ali8775 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:clichy, nasri and fab to all leave arsenal?

crisis looms

Except Fabregas is the only one that we'll suffer without, and he's not going anywhere.

Not quite a crisis, is it?

These players were/are the top players at Arsenal (well bar Clichy, but he was part of the Invicibles) and the last thing Arsenal need is to lose yet more experience. You can't just rely on young wil and injury prone rvp can you?

Wilshere says hello, and Walcott played at a similar level for Nasri for a while until he got injured...I don't see you calling him world class...

I haven't called anyone World Class. The fact is that with this squad last season you finished 4th and can you see yourselves improving if you lose clichy fab and nasri? Nasri and fab were main players last season and arsenal do look up to them and losing them would be a big blow to the squad. You would need world class players just to replace them and with Wenger I don't think that is happening. There is already a lack of players with the X factor at Arsenal and losing Fab and Nasri would just add to that.

LOL at you. First you make it sound like Arsenal will be fine without Nasri fab and clichy and then the next sentence you quickly put up a big list of players Arsenal need to be "arguably" stronger than before. I mean yes Arsenal will be fine without them IF they buy, but judging Wenger on his past activities can you see him buying quality players (ones that would cost 20m+ obviously) and increasing the wage limit of the club? That's what he'll need to do to replace those 3 players, like YOU said, but based on his past promises he has failed to live up.

And no we don't need a new midfield and attack to win the league LOL. This attack and midfield that you're dressing up as terrible finished second last season...all we need is Lukaku and Pastore and a new formation and we'll be fit to go. Plus I'm sure AVB won't be stupid enough to ignore Mceachran and Sturridge like Carlo so you can count them as new signings too...

And yes Fab might end up staying but I think it's pretty unlikely. Of course it all depends on Barca raising their bid.

Last edited by english_jewel on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:07 pm

28M would actually be quite a lot for a player that only has one year left in his contract. Ridiculous.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 pm

28M?

He's got one year left on his contract.

Get some money in and don't let him leave for free.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:28M would actually be quite a lot for a player that only has one year left in his contract. Ridiculous.
Any more ridiculous than some of the transfers that have already happened?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:28 pm

english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

crisis looms

Except Fabregas is the only one that we'll suffer without, and he's not going anywhere.

These players were/are the top players at Arsenal (well bar Clichy, but he was part of the Invicibles) and the last thing Arsenal need is to lose yet more experience. You can't just rely on young wil and injury prone rvp can you?

Wilshere says hello, and Walcott played at a similar level for Nasri for a while until he got injured...I don't see you calling him world class...

I haven't called anyone World Class. The fact is that with this squad last season you finished 4th and can you see yourselves improving if you lose clichy fab and nasri? Nasri and fab were main players last season and arsenal do look up to them and losing them would be a big blow to the squad. You would need world class players just to replace them and with Wenger I don't think that is happening. There is already a lack of players with the X factor at Arsenal and losing Fab and Nasri would just add to that.

Arsenal reject 22M Man utd offer for Nasri - Page 2 Jesus_facepalm_by_sexyitalian-d33lmhe

main players? REALLY? Nasri for 3-4 games. Chamakh and Wilshere the others. RVP the end of the season. HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED ARSENAL THE PAST SEASON?!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:28M would actually be quite a lot for a player that only has one year left in his contract. Ridiculous.

I agree, Arsenal is asking for a ridiculous amount.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 pm

A Chelsea fan talking about ridiculous transfer fees.

Brilliant
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:49 pm

ali8775 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

crisis looms

Arsenal reject 22M Man utd offer for Nasri - Page 2 Jesus_facepalm_by_sexyitalian-d33lmhe

main players? REALLY? Nasri for 3-4 games. Chamakh and Wilshere the others. RVP the end of the season. HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED ARSENAL THE PAST SEASON?!

lol stop trying to make it sound like nasri and fab are of no importance to Arsenal. Does it not worry you that Liverpool are strengthening while Arsenal are losing players and that might close up the gap between 5th and 4th? I guess thats what im trying to point out.

Lex wrote:A Chelsea fan talking about ridiculous transfer fees.

Brilliant

So you think 28m for Nasri is a fair price, regardless of it being said by a Chelsea fan? Judging by some Arsenal fans here saying Nasri was important for 3-4 games I would say it is.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Arsenal's hands are tied. Either sell him for £25m to Utd or someone; or lose him on a free. I know what anyone with half a brain cell would do...
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:58 pm

And the fact that there may be teams actually willing to pay that much for a player in the final year of his contract is enough reason for us to demmand that much.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Id take it. 28M for a player with a year left on his contract plus he only had half of a good season this past season.....in a heart beat. I'd turn around and try to use that money to bring in Samba and whoever else Wenger thinks is neccassary to convince Cesc to stay. (Cesc is the heart beat, Gunners play at a different level with out him and Wenger should do all he can to convince him to stay)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:59 pm

english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

crisis looms

main players? REALLY? Nasri for 3-4 . Chamakh and Wilshere the others. RVP the end of the season. HAVE YOU EVEN WATCHED ARSENAL THE PAST SEASON?!

lol stop trying to make it sound like nasri and fab are of no importance to Arsenal. Does it not worry you that Liverpool are strengthening while Arsenal are losing players and that might close up the gap between 5th and 4th? I guess thats what trying to point out.

Brilliant

So you think 28m for Nasri is a fair price, regardless of it being said by a Chelsea fan? Judging by some Arsenal fans here saying Nasri was important for 3-4 I would say it is.

lol ofc. it does not worry, we were challenging for a quadruple last season, why should I be worried about anyone? not even supposed to argue about our chances I made a deal to myself...

so English_Jewel, when do you wanna go back to sig bets so I can rape you like I did last year? Wink
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 pm

I am starting to feel a bit Giddy about this transfer now. The fact that BBC reported we have made a bid makes me believe it's true, and that we are really interested in signing him.

It's all on Nasri now. He has to choose us. If so, we will sign him by next week.

really beginnin to get excited.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I am starting to feel a bit Giddy about this transfer now. The fact that BBC reported we have made a bid makes me believe it's true, and that we are really interested in signing him.

It's all on Nasri now. He has to choose us. If so, we will sign him by next week.

Funnily enough, Sky Sports have been saying there hasn't been any recent bids for Nasri, and that the last actual bid we received was two weeks ago.

Out of curisoity though, would you rather pay the extra money for a genuine world class talent like Sneijder or would you prefer Nasri?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 pm

So let me get this right, Nasri is going to Partner who? in the middle of a 4-4-2?
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Brilliant

I may support the club but that doesn't mean we share the same opinion. In fact i can be quite critical of our transfer policy.

I am not sure if Nasri is worth 28m even if he was under contract for more then 1 year, but the fact is any club could sign Nasri next year at no cost.

Last edited by Blue on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:07 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:I am starting to feel a bit Giddy about this transfer now. The fact that BBC reported we have made a bid makes me believe it's true, and that we are really interested in signing him.

Funnily enough, Sky Sports have been saying there hasn't been any recent bids for Nasri, and that the last actual bid we received was two weeks ago.

Out of curisoity though, would you rather pay the extra money for a genuine world class talent like Sneijder or would you prefer Nasri?

In all honesty, I prefer Modric. Not to say he is better than Nasri and Sneijder, just that he will suit us the most. The fact that we have made a bid for Nasri lets me know that SAF obviously thinks he is good enough to replace Scholes. I wouldn't complain about this signing, I think he is a great player.

I think United will hold out for 20 mill. A lot of talk are saying that Nasri favourites a move to United. So we'll see how it pans out after today.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:09 pm

A lot of things can happen in a year. Arsenal could win the double, or Barcelona might grow a spine
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:

In all honesty, I prefer Modric. Not to say he is better than Nasri and Sneijder, just that he will suit us the most. The fact that we have made a bid for Nasri lets me know that SAF obviously thinks he is good enough to replace Scholes. I wouldn't complain about this signing, I think he is a great player.

I think United will hold out for 20 mill. A lot of talk are saying that Nasri favourites a move to United. So we'll see how it pans out after today.

Now that you mention it, Modric would probably be a more like-for-like replacement for Scholes than Nasri, in terms of passing and position, at least. Modric is better defensively, too. You really wouldn't be getting the best out of Nasri if you played him a central midfielder.

I just can't see how United could fit Nasri in, when they have good talent in just about every position Nasri can play in apart from central midfield, but I've already touched on that.

We'll see what happens. Nasri returned to training today and supposedly he and Wenger were having talks. There's been no news about how that has gone, though I'm sure we'll hear something tomorrow. But yeah, he seems to prefer a move to United over City and Chelsea, even if the latter two might offer him a larger salary.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:23 pm

I cant wait to see what kind of offer Arsenal make for Benzema, if they ever get the chance to do so.

if Nasri is going for 28M in their book, Benzema is worth 38M easily
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:56 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I cant wait to see what kind of offer Arsenal make for Benzema, if they ever get the chance to do so.

if Nasri is going for 28M in their book, Benzema is worth 38M easily

we wont bid for benzema. we're too chicken to pay his wages.

and i know its a gamble, but im glad we turned down the 22mil offer. we should settle for 25 though not 28. utd will come back if they cant get modric/sneijder for cheaper
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 pm

for a player with a year left on his contract 22M is way too generous.

we bought Ozil at 15M and Sahin at 10M, what justifies Nasri being rated at 20+M? clearly not a better footballer than those two.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:03 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:for a player with a year left on his contract 22M is way too generous.

we bought Ozil at 15M and Sahin at 10M, what justifies Nasri being rated at 20+M? clearly not a better footballer than those two.

Seriously. I like Nasri... but he's more expensive than Ozil and Sahin? Please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next