If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

+67
Donuts
aleumdance
Chumlum
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Arquitecto
elm_baraja_shaman
djoe26
The Franchise
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Gunner
Adit
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Clandestino
lenear1030
futbol
LeBéninois
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
TheRedStag
M99
urbaNRoots
benedictor
Helmer
Lupi
Twoism
S
REWB
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
donttreadonred
Gil
halamadrid2
Highburied
fatman123
FennecFox7
Clockwork Orange
RedOranje
Arsenalfaithfull
Djcomplain
stevieg8
Eivindo
Grooverider
guest7
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Zealous
RealGunner
McAgger
mr-r34
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Nishankly
jibers
sportsczy
Lex
Mr Nick09
Onyx
71 posters

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 3 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

fatman123 wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:I don't blame him for wanting to find some place that didn't hate on random people just for being foreigners

You're right, its totally like when Englands captain John Terry being trialed by the English media and then being banned by the English FA even though a court of law found him not guilty

oh wait......
Pretending that court requires the same evidence as the FA is silly, to be honest. And the coverage on the back pages was miles apart.

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 3 AzQTSScCYAIP7XR

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 3 Image11

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 3 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by fatman123 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I dont understand how people can stick up for Suarez so readily, i mean sure, one can argue that diving is part of the modern game and in the minds of some mentally malnourished people racism is acceptable and encouraged, but in what would convince someone that biting is acceptable in any way shape or form. And dont give me the ‘he said sorry he knows its wrong’ line, because like any sportsman hes doing what hes been told to save face. Also this isn’t even his first on field biting incident, so its not a fluke, or a one off, or brain explosion or anything else, the guys just not wired properly.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 pm

RedOranje wrote:Pretending that court requires the same evidence as the FA is silly, to be honest.

After the English media hung JT out to dry and found him guilty it wouldnt have mattered if the queen had walked into the court room nad knight JT there and then, the media had found him guilty and the FA could either agree with their decision or leave themselves open to a media onslaught so the media could save their face and not look like the uneducated headline grabbing tools that they are.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:52 pm

You're proving exactly what we're talking about, actually.

Suarez wasn't racist according to linguistic experts and all eye-witness accounts, including Evra's. Yes, even Evra said he did not believe Suarez is or was racist. It was Evra's word alone against that of Suarez, with no video evidence (something QUITE present for Terry's case, you may remember)... nd yet here you are basically parroting what you read in the press or what was implied by the press without any real facts to back it up. Can't imagine what Suarez is complaining about.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:52 pm

What was John Terry's ban again?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm

RedOranje wrote:You're proving exactly what we're talking about, actually.

Suarez wasn't racist according to linguistic experts and all eye-witness accounts, including Evra's. Yes, even Evra said he did not believe Suarez is or was racist. It was Evra's word alone against that of Suarez, with no video evidence (something QUITE present for Terry's case, you may remember)... nd yet here you are basically parroting what you read in the press or what was implied by the press without any real facts to back it up. Can't imagine what Suarez is complaining about.

im not arguing if Suarez said what the media reported, i dont know the truth about the incident, you dont know the truth, the FA doesnt know the truth and sure as hell the media havent got a clue.

All im doing is refuting stevieg8's argument that the 'English media hate on random people just for being foreigners' by contrasting the two cases, because both in similar circumstances got trialed by media, but only one was foregin while the other was the captain of the English NT at the time, and in my personal opinion both got screwed over.

My only issue with Suarez is his biting, i dont believe hes racist, but that just my personal opinion.

RedOranje wrote:What was John Terry's ban again?

yup, Terry got off easier, you can argue the FA is racist, you cna argue less evidence, you cna argue the FA couldnt go the full mile because of the court finding, but thats not what im discussing right now
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 pm

But the trials by the media weren't equal, that's the point. Suarez's started with big black letters labeling him a racist right from the start, while Terry actually had the backing of some notable writers up until (and even after) his FA case.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm

RedOranje wrote:But the trials by the media weren't equal, that's the point. Suarez's started with big black letters labeling him a racist right from the start, while Terry actually had the backing of some notable writers up until (and even after) his FA case.

you really want to be THAT petty about this?

Look, if knew where you found that back page of those rubbish English papers online im sure i could find something suggesting Terry should cop the electric chair, but im not going to bother with that. Depending on who you ask JT is a despicable slime who sleeps around, gives private tours of Stamford Bridge, laughed at Americans on 9/11 and can’t stand the sight of black people, and me and you both know that picture of him is and always will be in the media. Just like Suarez is, and always will be, a racist cannibal who falls over under a slight breeze. I’m not going to go into which image is further from the truth, because until either of us (or the media) know these people personally none of us are entitled to or informed enough to make these decisions, and nor wil I say 'X player got screwed over 12% worse than Y by the media', because the English media is trash all round, i don’t read anything in it anymore and for good reason too.

As for the notable writers backing JT throughout and after his trial, yes they were there, but so what? Most of these guys are writing the article that will get them the most hits/sell the most papers, if they believe what they write or not is a completely different kettle of fish
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm

There's nothing petty about it, though. He was pointing out that there was different treatment for English vs foreign players by the press... this incident proves that. Heck:
fatman123 wrote:As for the notable writers backing JT throughout and after his trial, yes they were there
that's the end of the discussion right there. Doesn't matter what justification you use, you are admitting that his assertion is correct in your view.

Has Suarez been an idiot more than once in his career? Absolutely.
Has Suarez been an idiot more than once at LFC? Again, absolutely.
That's not the issue that's being pointed out here. Suarez bit a player. That was beyond stupid and indefensible. You'll notice that WE'RE NOT DEFENDING IT. SUAREZ DIDN'T DEFEND IT. HE SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT THE MEDIA ATTENTION HE RECEIVED FROM THAT WAS HIS OWN DOING.

However:
Has he been treated more harshly than some of his colleagues for similar issues? Yes.
And THAT is the issue at the heart of this discussion.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:47 am

fatman123 wrote:

yup, Terry got off easier, you can argue the FA is racist, you cna argue less evidence, you cna argue the FA couldnt go the full mile because of the court finding, but thats not what im discussing right now

But that IS what I'm discussing right now. I'm not trying to claim that Suarez never did anything wrong, just that he DOES have a point with the double standard that's been clearly present with him. It's been true for the diving - especially including the fact that the media seemed to avoid the fact that he stopped doing it after BR called him out and continued talking as though it was a big part of his game, much like our pal Lex earlier. It's been true for the "violent" conduct (which never seemed to get called for intentional action by refs, even though it's SO OBVIOUS TO ANYONE WITH A BRAIN THAT IT WASN'T AN ACCIDENT /s). And it was DEFINITELY true for the issue with Evra, when even if the FA DID get everything right, the media still took it even farther than they did.

Is he the nicest football player on the planet? Of course not. But I really don't blame him for being fed up with the type of attitude that has been absorbed unthinkingly and unquestioned by a lot of the English public, especially when the same standards don't seem to be applied to other players around him.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:33 am

Luis Suarez says his wishes should be paramount in any decision over his future as he continues to seek a summer move from Liverpool.

The Uruguay striker is intent on ending a turbulent two-and-half-year spell in England, claiming his love for the club is outweighed by what he perceives as unfair treatment from the Football Association and the English media.

Suarez, who has six matches of a 10-match domestic ban still to serve for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in April, has yet to submit an official transfer request.

But the 26-year-old has reiterated his desire to join Real Madrid and urged the club to listen to his pleas.

"First I have a contract with the club, but if one day I want to sign (for another club), Liverpool will hear the offer, as it does with other players," Suarez was quoted as telling Spanish newspaper Marca.

"They must agree with other teams, but the word of the player, in this case mine, is important. If you need a change, you should listen to the player.

"Every player aspires (to be the best) and if you ask a child of eight years they would say one day they would go to Real Madrid or Barcelona."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:42 am

Luis Suarez should leave to a big club imo.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:45 am

Luis is acting abit unprofessional here. While Liverpool say they haven't been notified of his decision to leave in person he keeps using the media to get a move
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:40 am

If he wants it this badly, file a freaking transfer request already so we can move on.  This is ridiculous.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:43 am

stevieg8 wrote:If he wants it this badly, file a freaking transfer request already so we can move on.  This is ridiculous.

Loyalty bonus
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:13 am

stevieg8 wrote:If he wants it this badly, file a freaking transfer request already so we can move on.  This is ridiculous.
I have a feeling that if this continues, he will have to submit one. The club will not seek offers for him unless he does, and I don't think the owners will want to be seen as the custodians of the club that sold two World Class strikers without him formally saying he wants to move.

To be honest, what worries me most is if this farcical PR battle between Suarez and the club continues to escalate all summer, but no move materializes.

I don't think it's that unrealistic an outcome. There are only a few clubs that can afford him, and the clubs that he would go to are even fewer. We're talking about 2-3 clubs (I'm thinking Bayern, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid). Real seem to view him as a luxury signing, or a back-up to Bale; Bayern may or may not move, as they don't seem to be pursuing another striker (other than Lewandowski); and Atletico may or may not be looking to directly reinvest their Falcao funds, at least not on a single player.

I think there is a very real possibility that he could be with the club come September, and I'm not sure how supporters will take to him should these sort of statements continue throughout the summer. If he wants to go, then he wants to go. I may be in the minority, but I don't hold that against him. I do think he needs to revisit his methods for achieving the move, though. If that really is his goal,then he will have to submit a transfer request. Might as well come sooner rather than later.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 am

“I will give my soul every time I step on the pitch,” Suarez revealed when asked by El Pais what he would bring to a team like Madrid.

“I have done this with Uruguay, Ajax and Liverpool. I do not hold anything when I finish a game.”

Suarez also reiterated his belief that joining Madrid would be the pinnacle of any player's career, and admits he is disappointed that Liverpool will not be playing in Europe next season.

“A player always aspires to be at the top of their profession and Madrid is at the top for any football player,” he continued. “But, do you know what it is like to play for Liverpool?”

“It disturbs me that Liverpool are not in the Champions League every season.

“I’ve suffered at Liverpool, but when I think of what it represents to play for this club, and the love my daughter has - she sings the hymn - the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I play at Anfield.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:40 am

Suarez just keeps whoring himself, Real madrid don't even want him Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 am

you got to love a player trying so hard to make his move happen. there is an opening this summer in our attack with Higuain leaving, and Suarez is trying to make it happen for himself and i support it. far better choice to me than Cavani...oh well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:51 am

Source of this quote please? -.-
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 am

Here'e the full interview with Al Pais: http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2013/06/15/actualidad/1371325234_600364.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:46 pm

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 3 BM6bo8_PCAAA0_yk

BBC Laughing :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, its all in our heads, terry gets the same treatment. ROFL. Alright buddy.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 pm

McAgger wrote:If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 3 BM6bo8_PCAAA0_yk

BBC Laughing:facepalm:

Brilliant
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Laughing
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:31 pm

BBC:

Liverpool have rejected Arsenal's improved offer of just over £40m for Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez.

The unusual bid, understood to be £40,000,001, was designed to trigger a clause in the player's contract, but Liverpool have turned it down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next