Marrone excited ahead of U21 European Championship

Go down

Marrone excited ahead of U21 European Championship Empty Marrone excited ahead of U21 European Championship

Post by Juventude Fri May 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Juventus midfielder Luca Marrone has spoken of the good mood in the Italian U-21 camp and is determined to return home from the upcoming European Championships in Israel as champions.

The twenty three year old has appeared thirty one times at the U-21 level and is confident that Italy can return home victorious this summer.

“There is great enthusiasm among everyone,” Marrone commented.

“Even those players who have already played for the senior national team or are used to big stages. We are aware that we have a good team, we are working hard, we are going to Israel with the dream of going all the way.”

Italy get their campaign under-way against England on the 5th June and the youngster who made his Champions League debut during the 2012-13 campaign is under no illusion as to how crucial this tournament can be.

“The first game is always important, in order to send a good signal we will try to give 100 per cent. We are fully aware that this tournament is an important showcase for our careers.

“I’m fine. The leg is OK”, Marrone added in relation to a recent thigh injury.

“I can ensure my contribution regardless of my role on the pitch, but most of all I want to repay the trust of our coach.”

Before they fly out to Israel, Devis Mangia’s squad will face an AS Varese youth team in a friendly at AC Milan’s Milanello training ground on Friday.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down