Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
RealGunner
RedOranje
90 posters

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Barca sign a CB ?? but there is not enough catalan CB in the market hmm

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III - Page 20 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.III

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
free_cat wrote:Ah, those times when Ba was still at Newcastle and Mole hyped him liked one of the best strikers in the EPL. Guess we saw the real Ba at Chelsea. Good player, nothing else. Never understood why Chelsea went for him unless it was a panick winter buy.

Except i never said that and i didn't hype him that much either, most of hyping of Ba was done by other people not me.

Yohan Modric wrote:I'm sure Liverpool and Arsenal can do better. I think he'll end up staying at Newcastle.

Unless they get Rooney or RVP i find that unlikely.....

Find it funny how Ba is treated as some average striker when only Rooney and RVP have scored more over last 2 years than Ba has....

Here you go, you said Ba was the third best striker in the EPL.

And if the search engine in this forum wasn't the worst ever, I could easily find many other ludicrous statements like that one.

Edit: Seriously, why is the search engine in this forum so bad? Please admins, sort it out. It doesn't work.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Cavani is shit for his country but the same applies to many of the Worlds best players. Club > Country

He's undoubtedly better than Higuain though, while Gonzalo has difficulty holding the ball up due to a shocking lack of pace and strength that's one of Cavani's better attributes.

Higuain is the purer scorer but Cavani creates more chances for himself and actually shows up in the big games.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:29 pm

I never actually said he was the 3rd best though.... you are assuming.

I said he was treated as some average striker when at that time only RVP and Rooney had scored more in last 3 years.

Doesn't mean he's the 3rd best or anything but he was highly under appreciated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Gil wrote:Gonzalo has difficulty holding the ball up due to a shocking lack of pace

You are really playing too much FIFA..This is such an ignorant statement.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:34 pm

What does pace has to do with hold up play? Gil Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I never actually said he was the 3rd best though.... you are assuming.

I said he was treated as some average striker when at that time only RVP and Rooney had scored more in last 3 years.

You are clearly implying that he is a top striker.
And that I found with our terrible search engine that only listed your OP on Demba Ba, not the posts in other threads.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:36 pm

free_cat wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I never actually said he was the 3rd best though.... you are assuming.

And that I found with our terrible search engine that only listed your OP on Demba Ba, not the posts in other threads.
Agreed.

It also easy for Mole to deny some outrageous statements he has made in the past cos of the poor search function.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:What does pace has to do with hold up play? Gil Laughing

Long ball is pumped up, can you beat your marker to the ball and keep possession?

Or even a basic task like running the channels.

Pretty simple actually.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Gil wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:What does pace has to do with hold up play? Gil Laughing

Long ball is pumped up, can you beat your marker to the ball and keep possession?

Pretty simple actually.

so in order to hold up the ball you need to be fast? it's a bit of nonsense. players that are great at holding up the ball all use anticipation to beat the reactions of their defenders, and they know how to leverage their body (same way suarez destroyed mangala) to put themselves in favorable position. then comes strength, balance and control to hold on to possession with a player on your back

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Higuain is a far more intelligent player than he's being given credit for....and far more intelligent that someone like Cavani. He doesn't move haphazardly, ever movement is calculated and precise. You look at guys like Di Maria who run around all game, going past guys, pressing and they're running in circles. Higuain is the best we have in our team at picking his moments....workrate and physical tools are one thing, but knowing how to use what he has is where Higuain excels.

I won't comment on the other part, I have my personal beliefs about his talent level based on his play in 2008 and 2009 , and to me it's right up there with Cavani in creating his own shot or shots for others, but since then he's had back surgery and may undergone irreversible changes as a player.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:43 pm

So Higuain is better than Cavani scratch
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Drogba being forgotten.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:47 pm

EL Patron wrote:So Higuain is better than Cavani scratch

There is no way to say that using the last 2 years as a sample - but they play in vastly different contexts.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:53 pm

exactly, i am not sure how cavani would be looked at now if he had been made to compete for 3 years straight with another player, playing half the games and never building any kind of momentum.

Reality is that Cavani has had a team built around him and was given the freedom to grow his game as much as he could. We have seen things from higuain that suggests that he is an even clinical finisher if anything, but he was never put in a similar situation as cavani

Higuain's next club will build around him and play to feed him, so we will see the full extent of his potential. wouldnt be shocked if he overcomes his big games issues because he has consistently been undermined in madrid and mentally it's no way to progress as a player and to overcome your weaknesses.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Higuain is still very young as well so he won't reach his potential peak until maybe three years from now.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:14 pm

free_cat wrote:

No i'm not.... at the time it wasn't known that Liverpool wanted a different type and Ba was better than Sterling, Borini etc etc and Ba is better than any striker Arsenal have IMO as Their strikers are average which is their fans are so desperate for one or two this summer.

Believe what you want to believe, but all i was doing in that post was showing my shock at how undervalued he was at the time.

Too many times he was called an average striker etc etc and that is what we i was trying to argue against.

Le Samourai wrote:Drogba being forgotten.

If this is aimed at me, i'm talking about Chelsea now.

With Hazard, Mata and Oscar a different striker is required considering their style of play has changed one that wouldn't suit Drogba at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:20 pm

With Hazard, Mata and Oscar a different striker is required considering their style of play has changed one that wouldn't suit Drogba at all.

It's aimed at Gil with his ridiculously misinformed perception about what holding up the ball entails Laughing[quote="Great Leader Sprucenuce"[/quote]

[/quote]

It's aimed at Gil with his ridiculously misinformed perception about what holding up the ball entails Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Fair enough Laughing

While i'm here might as well post some news lol.

Sky are saying Pellegrini will be announced as City coach on Monday.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Drogba didn't have pace? That's news to me.

I never said pace was the sole factor in consistently holding the ball up did I? Choose what you want to see though.

This is probably the only time I've ever heard speed isn't useful in doing so. Carry on though.

LOL
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Gil wrote:Drogba didn't have pace? That's news to me.

I never said pace was the sole factor in consistently holding the ball up did I? Choose what you want to see though.

This is probably the only time I've ever heard speed isn't useful in doing so. Carry on though.

LOL

Gil wrote:Gonzalo has difficulty holding the ball up due to a shocking lack of pace
here you are saying that Higuain cant hold up play because he lacks pace, ignoring all other factors.

you are digging yourself into a hole, just move on mate lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm

To be fair Gil, Higuain is terrible at holding up the ball. But 3 years ago when no defenders could touch his he was still terrible at it. Ronaldo is the faster and stronger than the next guy - ask him to collect with his back to goal and keep it with defense around him and he can look very helpless.

Mole do you think Higuain would be a great signing for them?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:50 pm

free_cat wrote:

No i'm not.... at the time it wasn't known that Liverpool wanted a different type and Ba was better than Sterling, Borini etc etc and Ba is better than any striker Arsenal have IMO as Their strikers are average which is their fans are so desperate for one or two this summer.

Believe what you want to believe, but all i was doing in that post was showing my shock at how undervalued he was at the time.

Too many times he was called an average striker etc etc and that is what we i was trying to argue against.

Dude, you've been pwned. Admit and move on. No problems.

And truth is that Ba is only somewhat better than average. If Average is a 6, Ba is a 7 as a striker.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Lmfao at Pace being important in hold up play.

Also, even more of a joke is Cavani not being better than the vampire

Scarily close to a goal a game in Serie A and still not better than him?

Serie A teams are infamous for closing down spaces and making it a big uphill task to score against them, no matter how shit their squad is.

Once again we have the important of goals from A STRIKER being underrated.

Also, as far at the NT comparisons go.

A) Cavani is out of position
B) Would you rather sign a striker for your CLUB that scores more for his CLUB or more for his country? Laughing

"I watched a game 1 tym and in the Internashinal game, Luis was betta than Cavaneh, why ish Cavaneh wurth moar than Luis?"

Pls go
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Can't disagree with Tom, here. The Suarez>Cavani stuff is unbelievable.

Literally.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Suarez is a better player imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next