Blue
iNFINITY9910
theaguia
guest7
El Chelsea Fuerte
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Official Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Luka Modric Thread

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm

a super sexy moutinho video i found please check it out it is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzMu08FNJQ

Ps: it also shows some of his defending quality at 1:33-1:42

theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Luka Modric Thread

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:15 pm

kick mars wrote:So more lampard.

IMO, Moutinho-Mikel-Lampard Midfield would rip weaker teams to shreds.

lampard main strenght is arriving on time, moutinho is more dribbling and killer pass, so not completely the same
although he likes to shoot just like lampard does
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 pm

theaguia wrote:a super sexy moutinho video i found please check it out it is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xzMu08FNJQ

Ps: it also shows some of his defending quality at 1:33-1:42

Does the commentary over-hype him or is he really that good? Shocked

Btw, what's his release clause? How much do you think we will have to pay for him to get him?

But one thing I am concerned about is if he can solve our DM problem which we're inevitably going to suffer during the AFCON...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:35 pm

honestly i am a benfica fan and i hate sporting players and porto players, seeing me and felipe(the other benfica fan) praise him, seriously means he is good. he was always talented captain of sporting at 20 and he was leading them from the front he stalled a little bit but once he left sporting he has found himself again and he is on fire.

his release clause is 40, but i reckon 18 should do it, porto will try to squezze as much as they can as sporting has most of the sell on profits.

we might need a dm, lets see what avb can come up with, i want either fellaini or m'villa or moussa sissoko
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:38 pm

theaguia wrote:
kick mars wrote:So more lampard.

IMO, Moutinho-Mikel-Lampard Midfield would rip weaker teams to shreds.

lampard main strenght is arriving on time, moutinho is more dribbling and killer pass, so not completely the same
although he likes to shoot just like lampard does

Paul Scholes type?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:39 pm

watch the vid and you will see what i am talking abt
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 pm

he was something like 16m or something.. right?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 pm

ya 18 should do it
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:17 pm

16-18 is a fair value for him, but his buyout contract is 35m.

Here is what Ray Wilkins had to say about the Modric situation.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 pm

The SUN Very Happy ok if we cant get Modric for less than 30 its fine.. but otherwise there are better options.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 am

30m is the max for Modric, anymore and we should just get Moutinho, As he'llbe cheaper.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:25 am

kick mars wrote:30m is the max for Modric, anymore and we should just get Moutinho, As he'llbe cheaper.

No, no. We need someone who is creative at the final third and we need someone like Pastore for that. He'll be what we already have. Mou will not help will that cause, even though he'll be cheaper.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 am

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:30m is the max for Modric, anymore and we should just get Moutinho, As he'llbe cheaper.

No, no. We need someone who is creative at the final third and we need someone like Pastore for that. He'll be what we already have. Mou will not help will that cause, even though he'll be cheaper.

what are you talking about? he is a creative player but i guess he more of an alonso type of player who can dribble and play a bit more ahead in the tip of triangle mid. But ya i gues like i said before it would nice to get pastore and moutinho we would be unplayable
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:28 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933432/luka-modric-remains-determined-to-quit-tottenham-hotspur?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:20 pm

next year midfield:

Moutinho---------------Modric

-------------Ramires------------

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:28 pm

i dont know how that will work unless ramires doesnt venture forwards, he can do that if any one catched him for brazil. I am guessing in your formation, modric will be sitting bsck and moutinho more forward?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:04 pm

theaguia wrote:i dont know how that will work unless ramires doesnt venture forwards, he can do that if any one catched him for brazil. I am guessing in your formation, modric will be sitting bsck and moutinho more forward?

I believe it can work but i don't think it will happen. Moutinho will play the more forward position, while Modric will play a little bit deeper, and Ramires will play the holding MF position.

We can play some wonderful position football, Moutinho and Modric are both very technically gifted and are very comfortable with the ball.

As i said it can work but i don't think it will happen. We are most likely getting one of Moutinho or Modric.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:12 pm

if we got modric we will stop josh's development thats why im more for moutinho who could later on take lamps position
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:59 pm

theaguia wrote:if we got modric we will stop josh's development thats why im more for moutinho who could later on take lamps position

I don't think so because Modric was a attacking midfielder before he joined Spurs, so he can move over to Lamps position if needed.

At this point i really believe it is only a matter of time before Modric joins Chelsea.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Blue wrote:next year midfield:

Moutinho---------------Modric

-------------Ramires------------

Can Ramires play DM? I doubt he's that good in only being a defensive midfielder, but I think he can play DM if we use the 4-2-3-1 and he pairs up with Mikel.

And by the way, that midfield will never work. See we're forgetting what we have lacked all these years and that has been a pacy creative player that would unlock defenses. Now I know Mou and Modric are creative but they are not the players that would completely solve the problem someone like, you know who I'm gonna say, pastore, would solve that and we need him more than anyone else. And also I think we need a true DM as a back up to Mikel because I don't think Ramires can play in the above formation and we'll need someone to replace Mikel if he gets injured or during the AFCON.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:37 pm

If we get Modric, we won't be playing 4-2-3-1, getting him absolutely means the 4-3-3 will continue under Boas.

Modric is not a #10 behind the striker midfielder, he dictates the game and create chances deep in midfield. So most likely we won't see a midfield partnership of Ramires and Mikel. I think in the future only one of them will start, and beside having Mikel and Ramires in midfield is very defensive oriented.

Realistically next year midfield will look like this:

--------Lampard---------------Modric
---------------------Ramires--------------

This midfield is kinda similar to Lampard, Ballack, and Essien. which btw is my all time favorite Chelsea midfield trio.

If Lampard underperformes then we could see Mikel, Ramires, and Modric in midfield but it wont be 4-2-3-1.

----------Modric-----------Ramires--------

-------------------Mikel---------------------

This is kinda similar to Porto's midfield. with Mou, Guarin, and Fernando.

Lets say we add another midfielder:

Moutinho

---------Moutinho------------Modric........
.............................Mikel....................

in that scenario i expect Mikel to start over Ramires because he is better suited for that position.

Pastore

----------------Pastore---------------
--------Ramires------Modric-------

If Pastore was signed then we will play 4-2-3-1, and Ramires is preferred over Mikel.

Realistically i don't expect Moutinho or Pastore to be signed.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 am

Man we're f***ed next season. OK so say we sign Modric:

Malouda---Torres----Sturridge
Modric-----Ramires---Lampard

Subs: Mceachran, Anelka, Kalou, Kakuta, Drogba, Lukaku, Zhirkov, Mikel, Essien......

Too many under-performers there. Not enough creativity. Same problems as last season. Also if we use 4-3-3 do we keep Malouda on the left flank after all we won't be getting Neymar or Sanchez?? And if one of them gets injured who's going to be decent enough to replace them? Plus Torres will have the SAME issues as last season because there will be no one creating for him and because he can't work in a 4-3-3. We'll need to sign Moutinho for the midfield but we will still be goners.

Scratch the 4-3-3 and play the diamond, it seems to be our only hope.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:25 am

english_jewel wrote:Man we're f***ed next season. OK so say we sign Modric:

Subs: Mceachran, Anelka, Kalou, Kakuta, Drogba, Lukaku, Zhirkov, Mikel, Essien......

Too many under-performers there. Not enough creativity. Same problems as last season. Also if we use 4-3-3 do we keep Malouda on the left flank after all we won't be getting Neymar or Sanchez?? And if one of them gets injured who's going to be decent enough to replace them? Plus Torres will have the SAME issues as last season because there will be no one creating for him and because he can't work in a 4-3-3. We'll need to sign Moutinho for the midfield but we will still be goners.

next year our midfield will be alright provided, they will create more chances no doubt. Torres will play better as long as we don't experiment the Torres- Drogba partnership. Sturridge will cut in from the right and score goals and create for others. Hopefully we sign somebody for the left side or give Kakuta a chance because i can't stand another year of Malouda.

Modric will be a huge boost to our midfield.

The diamond wont work because we still don't have a trequartista to play behind the strikers.

If we did sign Pastore then we could go with these:

The Official Luka Modric Thread - Page 2 1310343891927462
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 am

Blue wrote:

next year our midfield will be alright provided, they will create more chances no doubt. Torres will play better as long as we don't experiment the Torres- Drogba partnership. Sturridge will cut in from the right and score goals and create for others. Hopefully we sign somebody for the left side or give Kakuta a chance because i can't stand another year of Malouda.

Yeah but aren't you concerned about the lack of options we'll have on the bench for midfield and attack?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:08 am

I don't see a lack of options.
Say we sell Anelka Zhirkov and Kalou.
LW: New Signing/ Malouda/ Kakuta?
CF: Torres/ Drogba/ Sturridge/ Lukaku?
RW: Sturridge/ Benayoun
AM: Pastore? /Benayoun
CM: Lampard/ McEachran/ Essien/ Ramires/ Moutinho?/ Modric?
DM: Mikel/ Essien

If we send Kakuta out on loan (bad Move IMO), don't buy Lukaku we'll just need one of Pastore Modric or Moutinho and we'll have enough players. If kakuta isn't ready, Keep Kalou for another year and loan out Kakuta. Kalou would be our super sub along with McEachran.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:10 am

english_jewel wrote:
Blue wrote:

Yeah but aren't you concerned about the lack of options we'll have on the bench for midfield and attack?

Modric will not be our only signing, we just have to wait and see who else we sign.

At first i thought we were going to overpay massively for Modric but Spuds have basically screwed themselves and now Modric staying is not even option.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next