Uncanny
kraaviec
lszanto
Soul
Shed
26 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official José Mourinho Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official José Mourinho Thread

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 am

I am noticing a lack of Mourinho in Shed's avatar and sig. hmm

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official José Mourinho Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official José Mourinho Thread

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:18 am

Kick wrote:I am noticing a lack of Mourinho in Shed's avatar and sig. hmm

Obviously :coffee:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 am

:facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 am

Problemo? confused
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:37 am

Shed wrote:Alright Señor Mars, I'll be a rebel and make a sig bet with you. If Mourinho is appointed our next manager, my sig AND avatar will be all Mourinho for 2 weeks. If it's somebody else, you have to do the same.

Deal?

:coffee:

Who is Essien's Daddy and our Manager? Cool
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:40 am

Michael Essien's daddy, presumably, is Mr. Essien.

Bold guess, but I think that's what I'll go with....:coffee:

What's the point to all these inane questions confused
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:46 am

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 am

Nothing can top the one they did when Villy Bee was sacked Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 am

nice sig Thumbs up
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 am

Uncanny wrote:nice sig Thumbs up

It is. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 am

Kick wrote:
Uncanny wrote:nice sig Thumbs up

It is. Proud

smoking

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:59 am

Mourinho interview in full.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 am

Now, to get down to business. Jose is back but he is not the same manager that walked through the doors at Stamford bridge in 2004. The club is different, the game is different, Jose, himself, is different. He cannot expect to play the same way.

Luckily, listening to what he had to say to CTV, I don't think he intends to play the same way. By the sound of it, He sounds like he has done what he wanted to do, Win everything he can win in England, Spain and Italy, and now he wants to settle down. I'll believe that when I see it, but for now, I'll take his word for it. Chelsea, at least, would be his preferred choice to do such a thing as he has said, he loves Inter and Chelsea and presently, Chelsea are the bigger club, in the more popular league, It makes sense.

Also, It sounds like Roman and Jose are on the same wavelength when it comes to how the future of this club is going to look. And, I'll believe it when I see it but for now, I'll just have to take his word for it. If he does intend to stay long term and build the club that Roman wants, He's going to need to sort out a few things:
  • What formation to use, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Now, and in the future.

• What to do with Key players, such as Mata, Oscar, David Luiz and Ramires.

• What to do with Youth players such as De Bruyne, Chalobah, Lukaku and Courtois.

If I was to assess them, I would choose a variation which is more or less both of them combined.
http://this11.com/boards/abETSUWafu.jpg
In this formation, Both the current generation, and Next Generation of players can fit. With minor additions, the lineup would be pretty strong. I would recommend an older DM such as De Rossi, a WC CF, Such as Lewandowski, Lukey Shaw ( Proud ), A young CB and a young RB.

This also settles the second dot point, but, of course, They could always change. To perhaps something like this:
http://this11.com/boards/abETS8Panj.jpg
Same General players but different shape and style. Mata could always move to AM and Oscar to CM but for now, let's leave it like that.

Once Jose has settled on a line up and a team, He needs to address if the long term security of the club. By this I don't mean making sure Abramovich stays with us but we need settle on goals for this season, next and beyond that. Instead of aiming for instant success which, I believe, would lead to a similar situation to his first stint, where, sort of winning the CL, he had won all there is to win, Aim for improvement, year in, year out. Aim for success with integration of youth players. I am not saying we shouldn't try to challenge for the title next season, but I am saying, don't set the bar so high that after a while, any mistake would be considered a failure. If Jose is to stay long term, he cannot afford to make mistakes. Too many and the obvious will happen. This also means doing the unthinkable, integrating youth players. Players like Lukaku, Courtois and KDB are almost, or even, good enough for our first XI, Jose has to use them.

The Special One has an aura that no other manager has, This Aura is undoubtedly greater on English soil and, I feel, should he get sucked into his own Aura, he could some what struggle and as a result, get the sack. I believe, Jose will have to work very hard to stop this from happening, but the harder he works, the better. He mentioned in the interview (Thanks for posting them Shed. :wub: ) he planned to work hard, which I like to hear. Let's hope he does.

The other spanner which has been thrown into the works is the fact that Mancini and Sir Alex both left their clubs at the end of the season. This means both Manchester clubs will be playing new styles and will be run in different ways next season. Arsenal are not the same team they were when Jose left and Tottenham are now a threat. The first games against these teams are going to be vital games and I feel Chelsea will play a cautious style because of it. After a year or so, Jose will probably feel more confident against these teams but until then, anything could happen. These are certainly potential pitfalls which Jose will have to overcome.

I really hope Jose brings a new style to the bridge, If he does, The other teams won't expect it and will struggle tactically. If he brings the same style, I feel other manager will be much more ready, tactically.

While I am happy Jose is back, I am also worried that his legend could be tarnished. Scared that he is not what we need and anxious about next season. Bring it on, I am sure he won't let us down. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:58 am

He said alot of stuff in his interview. He talks a good game but whether he actually means a word of it remains to be seen. He has it all to prove. He's not going to get away with throwing 9 men behind the ball and hoofing it up to Drogba anymore. The side's been stacked with brilliant flair players and he's going to have to at least give them licence to do what they do best and not just defend in their own half for the majority of the match.

I have my doubts, but I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to see if he really is capable of change both on and off the pitch.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 am

Shed wrote:He said alot of stuff in his interview. He talks a good game but whether he actually means a word of it remains to be seen. He has it all to prove. He's not going to get away with throwing 9 men behind the ball and hoofing it up to Drogba anymore. The side's been stacked with brilliant flair players and he's going to have to at least give them licence to do what they do best and not just defend in their own half for the majority of the match.

I have my doubts, but I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to see if he really is capable of change both on and off the pitch.

For every second line I wrote, I felt like putting, I'll believe it when I see it. There is a lot of unknowns. Let's give Jose a chance to prove himself. If he was being honest, then we have the manager we've always wanted, a hard working, long term solution, who was closer to home than we realised.

If not, Laudy. Proud

Win-Win either way.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 am

Anyone else curious to see if Bolo or Karanka will be named the other assistant manager?

I haven't heard any news on either since Karanka said he'd be coming with Jose but Jose never mentioned him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 am

BOLO OUT The Official José Mourinho Thread - Page 2 2276801876

Extinguish this phony immediately.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:46 am

So you want Karanka and Holland alongside Jose?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:51 am

No :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:54 am

Who do you want as his assistants then?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:58 am

Appoint a former player cheers

Like he did last time Thumbs up
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:00 am

Holland and Ferreira? hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:04 am

Doubt it would happen but hmm .
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 am

Personally, I think Karanka is a fine choice. I don't know of any former players we could take and considering Bolo was a Benitez choice. I don't think he'll stay.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 am

Why wasn't he sent packing with the waiter? scratch

As for former players, it would have to be someone with less experience as all the ones on a higher level at this stage are all #1's elsewhere.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 am

Yeah, I agree. I haven't heard anything on Bolo actually. hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next