Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve"

+4
The Legend
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
8 posters

Go down

Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve" Empty Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve"

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:36 am

Juventus is fast approaching towards Angelo Ogbonna. The news was the journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, on its website and told Sky Sports: "Banned from the FIFA Confederations Cup, not by the market. Angelo Ogbonna really like to Juventus, the deal goes ahead on positive binary -. Shows Di Marzio -.: an agreement was found with Torino for the evaluation of between 12 and 13 million Euros. now, the parties are discussing what could be the technical counterparts for the Taurus with Ogbonna in black and white. Requests grenade was Brown, Building Gabbiadini or to lower the cash portion of the transaction. Waiting for the final agreement, Ogbonna and Juve are close. "
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve" Empty Re: Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve"

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:05 am

Half of Gab, Marrone on loan or half of him too, throw in a Peluso type player.

And boom, couple million cash and we're set in the CB area for a very long time.

fapfapfap.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve" Empty Re: Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve"

Post by Luca Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:55 am

Bolstering our strongest position? Seems so stupid I can't even put it into words

Not sure why anyone would be behind this move if its made before a striker is signed especially

Juventus has more than enough options in defense

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:15 am

Luca wrote:Bolstering our strongest position? Seems so stupid I can't even put it into words

Not sure why anyone would be behind this move if its made before a striker is signed especially

Exactly my thoughts. If anything we should let Milan take him. Juve should not go about weakening the league. We should not be like Bayern in BL.
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 am

If we pay 10m or more for this guy,i'm going to be livid.

It better be less than 10(ideally less than 8 ) plus makeweights.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 am

We don't need anymore defenders. We are well stuffed in that department. Marotta should man up and prove his provincial mentality is past him by going for what we truly need: WC forwards.

Dish out 50m for Jovetic and Higguain and we are set. Lack of funds won't be an excuse this time.

It about time we roll with the elites of Europe, and we can only do so by getting elite forwards.
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:02 pm

The reason i'm up for it is because we're potentially getting rid of people who will probably have no real future with the club, and a couple million cash to secure the services of one of the most highly rated CB's at that sort of age.

As fantastic as Andrea B has been, he's getting on in years. And we may just have his eventual replacement locked up.

Also, we have great people at CB, however in a 3 man backline we have our starters. But then, there's a significant dip in quality on the bench.

I like Caceres, but I wouldn't want to rely on him at CB on a big European night should one of the back 3 be out.

If Ogbonna is cheap, it's a very good move. And it won't really stop us from signing the two strikers we want.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:27 pm

I highly doubt this affects our priorities or our budget with strikers. Conte and Marotta probably agreed that additional depth is needed at the CB position for the very reasons stated by TomJuve. Agnelli probably gave Marotta permission to spend set amount of money at each area of priority that has already been identified by the Agnelli, Marotta, and Conte.

I guarantee that there has also been a set budget for how much Juve is willing to spend on strikers.

Also, people need to stop blaming Marotta for not spending enough money to buy a striker. If you want to blame anyone, blame Agnelli and Elkann. I can't name a general manager for a sports team that would not be happy with spending their owner's money if they could. Marotta just works within the financial constraints set by the board and ownership.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:34 pm

They really should've given Caceres a try...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:38 pm

The Legend wrote:
Luca wrote:Bolstering our strongest position? Seems so stupid I can't even put it into words

Exactly my thoughts. If anything we should let Milan take him. Juve should not go about weakening the league. We should not be like Bayern in BL.

It's hardly weakening the league when you're talking about a 16th place team like Torino. If anything, it's a good thing that a team like Juve would sign a player like Ogbonna instead of a club like PSG. I would even prefer that he goes to Milan or Inter over a PSG. Serie A has lost so much talent over the years to these clubs with billionaires, for example Pastore, Veratti, Balotelli, Zlaton, Silva, etc. The list is long. Whatever keeps our talent in Italy is fine with me.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Yeah exactly.

At the end of the day, the league is bound to get weakened one way or another.

It's not Juventus or stay put.

It's Juventus or go abroad.

Players who are stand out performers in a lowly placed club will leave. Might as well be leaving for us if they're good enough at what they do instead of to City or PsG etc.

At least we keep plenty of Italian talent in the league.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:36 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:The reason i'm up for it is because we're potentially getting rid of people who will probably have no real future with the club, and a couple million cash to secure the services of one of the most highly rated CB's at that sort of age.

As fantastic as Andrea B has been, he's getting on in years. And we may just have his eventual replacement locked up.

Also, we have great people at CB, however in a 3 man backline we have our starters. But then, there's a significant dip in quality on the bench.

I like Caceres, but I wouldn't want to rely on him at CB on a big European night should one of the back 3 be out.

If Ogbonna is cheap, it's a very good move. And it won't really stop us from signing the two strikers we want.

How exactly is Ogbonna, a left footed-left sided CB a replacement for Barzagli? If anything he is a vice-Chiellini, which is a shame
Depth? This guy is a national team player, he's going to sit on the bench for the team with the best defense in the league for two seasons running and one of the best defenses in Europe? I wish I played FIFA with you guys, maybe I would understand the reasoning. We buy a national team player, to "protect" him from those foreign devils and then plant him firmly on the bench or bench another national team defender who has showed no signs of slowing down.

My main issue with this move is it cements the 3-5-2, if anything Juventus should be moving back towards a defense of 4, with 2 CBs, now signing another top class CB shows just the opposite.

Ogbonna is an excellent talent but he's not needed. There is Caceres who does the job, Marrone who does well when he fills in. Masi who is on loan and extremely talented too.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:43 pm

I am up for this Baragli would get rest and we'll get a great firt team players I am sure Conte knows best
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:45 pm

DeviAngel wrote:I am up for this Baragli would get rest and we'll get a great firt team players I am sure Conte knows best

But Chiellini and Ogbonna play virtually identical, or am I the only one who thinks this is a problem?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:I am up for this Baragli would get rest and we'll get a great firt team players I am sure Conte knows best

But Chiellini and Ogbonna play virtually identical, or am I the only one who thinks this is a problem?

actually I see Obognna as Barzagli type of player. He is left footed which means he can play as Soresen did as RcB not a left back just a CB on the left side in 4-3-3 ? Making our defense the old italian type of ?

BTW I know its FM13 but I rate the engine and the reality of the game to high and the grades he has in there taken into account he is Andrea Barzagli type of player. Plus his natural position is LB

Di Marzio: "Juventus and Torino reached agreement for Obogna, they are working on which players will join Torino from Juve" Angeloogbonnaoverviewpr
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Rotation, simple.

Only reason we didn't rotate our back 3 often was because our options on the bench were a far cry from the starting XI.

I'm sure Ogbonna who's now 25 and still playing for Torino won't mind making 20 apps for the Italian champions.

As for what foot he is, doesn't matter. He could quite happily play RCB if need be. I am confident in that.

I never said we should buy him to 'protect him from foriegn clubs' I was replying to a comment earlier that we would be weakening the league.

But either way, he was bound to move to a bigger club. Be it in Italy or elsewhere. So that's irrelevant.

Yeah, he is a NT player. Ironically he only starts when the Juventus back 3 aren't all fit and playing or in games where Prandelli plays non-regulars. He's depth for the NT and probably will be until age catches up with Andrea B.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:19 pm

I forgot to add what I think about playing 3 at the back.

Personally, even without a new CB coming I would definitely keep it.

The thought of dropping one of our 3 CB's is not appealing to me. They have been the cornerstone in our success and neither of the 3 are anywhere approaching bench form. It would weaken our team in my opinion. And the fact is, we don't have immense attacking talent like Bayern and all the other top clubs. So switching to say a 4-2-3-1 would mean we'd have to try and fit our players into awkward positions.

Instead of having Ribery, Robben, Ronaldo, Mata etc etc as our CAM's, we'd end up with Diamanti and some other strikers outfield. Might as well play to our strengths with the back 3 instead of trying to match up to the other heavyweights in the attacking department.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Luca wrote:

I just don't think this transfer is as dreadful as you're making it out to be. I think Marotta and Conte have been granted 10-15m or the use of player exchange to go for a CB. Maybe, he will be slotted in at Bonucci's spot, maybe Chiellini's, or, when needed, Barzagli's position. We lack depth with pure CBs. Caceres is fine, but he's not all that great. Our defense had issues when Chiellini went down last season and we would be hurting bad if someone went down next season.

I also think that Ogbonna is much better than any of our defensive prospects like Sorensen or Masi. Masi and Sorensen probably won't ever reach Ogbonna's talent level right now.

It could all just be a rumor, but I wouldn't worry about it affecting striker purchases or any other purchase. This is a position Conte wanted and he is getting it. It's not that big of a deal.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Ogbonna would be a great addition to our team. We don't have adequate cover at CB, and when Chiellini goes down (yes he gets injured every year), we will have a more than adequate replacement. Especially if Marrone gets sold for Jojo or another player (maybe even Ogbonna), then we would surely need more cover at the back. Caceras is a good player but he is not a stud like Ogbonna, especially at the CB position. I actually prefer Caceras out wide as a RB or RWB. Also, Ogbonna can play as a LB if needed, so he is multi dimensional. I am sure he would be comfortable playing any of our 3 CB positions in a 3-5-2 regardless if he is naturally left footed.

As for the 3-5-2, I think it is here to stay unless we switch to a 4-3-3, or 4-3-1-2. I think the 4-2-3-1 switch is just fantasy talk to copycat Bayern. Pirlo can't play in a 4-2-3-1, so do you think Conte is going to turn him into a bench warmer going forward? I highly doubt that. Pirlo will be instrumental for us for at least the next 2 years in making a run at Champions League glory. So Juve switching to a 4-2-3-1 anytime soon is pure fantasy talk I am sure...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:

I just don't think this transfer is as dreadful as you're making it out to be. I think Marotta and Conte have been granted 10-15m or the use of player exchange to go for a CB. Maybe, he will be slotted in at Bonucci's spot, maybe Chiellini's, or, when needed, Barzagli's position. We lack depth with pure CBs. Caceres is fine, but he's not all that great. Our defense had issues when Chiellini went down last season and we would be hurting bad if someone went down next season.

I also think that Ogbonna is much better than any of our defensive prospects like Sorensen or Masi. Masi and Sorensen probably won't ever reach Ogbonna's talent level right now.

It could all just be a rumor, but I wouldn't worry about it affecting striker purchases or any other purchase. This is a position Conte wanted and he is getting it. It's not that big of a deal.

I don't think it's dreadful. It just upsets me to see a CB as a priority transfer target when you look at the current squad.

I can just foresee this happening:
-Juventus buy Ogbonna for lets say 10M (wishful thinking)
-Juventus miss out on a striker like Higuain by 5M (money that was spent on a transfer for depth)

It's the same pattern that has been followed for the past couple years. This market I wish Juventus would begin with the BIG summer target and then spend what is left

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I think we'd all want that. But personally I believe buying Ogbonna has absolutely no connection to how much we're going to spend on a striker. Obviously, if it turns out it did then I would be as unhappy as you are.

But it's probably two unrelated events, and whilst the negotiations for a stirker are taking place, it wouldn't hurt to snap up a 25 year old CB who is a future NT starter for sure.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum