goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 17 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 04, 2014 9:02 am

Just reserved The Princess and the Queen at my local library, should be able to get my hands on it in about a month's time. Very Happy

Also congratulations on the baby moto! Very Happy

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 17 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Sun May 04, 2014 1:09 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Just reserved The Princess and the Queen at my local library, should be able to get my hands on it in about a month's time. Very Happy

Also congratulations on the baby moto! Very Happy

The most brutal and violent book I've read lmao.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 04, 2014 2:36 pm

The Hedge Knight was my favourite. Dunk and Egg :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Why would Arya kill Tommen?

Arya should be marrying Tommen ffs
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Well if the prophecy about Cersei comes true then someone needs to do the deed, though I personally think the Dornish are better placed given how long it would take Arya to reach Tommen. Somehow I doubt she's going to warg a cat and scratch him to death, he might be a sweet boy but I reckon even he could take a kitten. Laughing

We've already seen prophecies defeated in ASOIAF though so Tommen or Myrcella may yet survive, though I suspect that might not be the case.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Maggy the frog's prophecies have come true 2/3 times.

Think the final one will come true too.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Why would Arya kill Tommen?

why not?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Did they give us a hint when Hound said that is Arya sure Sryio died?

He said that she never saw him die but she thinks he died as he was outnumbered.

Maybe he isn't dead after all?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 pm

I think GRRM confirmed in an interview that he died. Not sure.

And btw we were way off the mark. Locke died lol. No Coldhands either Sad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 pm

They are taking it really slow. Thankfully. I don't think the Show will overtake the Books honestly.

They haven't even introduced the Greyjoy clan yet. And I highly doubt that we will see Bran anymore till the last episode.

Last 5 episodes will mostly be about Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon.

Also Sandsnakes mentioned :bow:

With Locke, I think they tried to show how Hodor can cause shit when Bran wargs into him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Anyone else got the vibes of Dunk and Egg with Brienne and Pod lol?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon May 05, 2014 10:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:

why not?

Because they would make a great partnership Sad

Also, Why does she want to kill Beric lol?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Got that vibe on the books too. Nice touch considering Brienne is the descendant of Ser Duncan The Tall.

Some arcs are going fast. Daenerys and Ramsay Snow is in A Dance With Dragons and Brienne is in A Feast For Crows. Let us assume Winds is released in 2015 and Winds will get split in two in the TV.

Season 5: Feast+Dance
Season 6: Feast+Dance
Season 7: Winds
Season 8: Winds

So A Dream Of Spring has to be released by 2019. That is in the realms of possibility.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

why not?

Because Beric sold Gendry to Melissandre in the show.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 05, 2014 11:07 pm

You guys are way too optimistic. By the time this season ends some character arcs will already be in AFFC (for example Epi 7 is called Mockingbird, which likely means Lysa dies, the last episode is called The Children, which means Bran meets the three eyed crow) . Not to mention Benioff et all said they want to do only 7 seasons. Season 4 = ASOS + AFFC, Season 5 = AFFC + ADWD, Season 6 = ADWD + TWOW.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

why not?

Because in the show he sold Bobby B's bastard Gendry.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 pm

7 seasons?

They will need to omit a bunch of shit, which tbf they're already doing. But to make that pace they have to omit too much.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 05, 2014 11:18 pm

I hope they make it more than 7 seasons because omitting anything is treacherous. I want every detail of Tyrion's arc. Specially the voyage through the bridge while meeting the stone men etc. And Victarion's arc as well. Those two alone should take 2 seasons at least.

Not to mention Citadel's incidents and Arya's incidents.

How can it all be filmed in 7 seasons?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 05, 2014 11:20 pm

“It feels like this is the midpoint for us,” Benioff says. “If we’re going to go seven seasons, which is the plan, season 4 is right down the middle, the pivot point.”

The seven season goal-line has been floated in the media before, but the writer-producers of the acclaimed fantasy hit series says they’re firmer than before that three more seasons sounds about right.

“I would say it’s the goal we’ve had from the beginning,” Benioff says. “It was our unstated goal, because to start on a show and say your goal is seven seasons is the height of lunacy. Once we got to the point where we felt like we’re going to be able to tell this tale to its conclusion, that became [an even clearer] goal. Seven gods, seven kingdoms, seven seasons. It feels right to us.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/11/game-of-thrones-7-seasons/

I think they could pull it off. A lot of Dance is just travelling from point A to point B, no one wants GoT to become TLOTR. In the first season they had to make up an addition 70 minutes because they were short on scenes to make 10 episodes. 70 minutes is more than an entire episode.

If they go with an abridged version of the kingsmoot or Dorne then they could easily do it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 05, 2014 11:26 pm

Sad

I guess they know what they are doing.

Just read a theory(serious one) that Meera is Jon's twin sister rofl rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 06, 2014 2:00 pm

7 seasons? Well , that's good news if you ask me .

Asuming Winds comes out before the end of 2014 , or early 2015 , then A Dream of Spring should , afterall , come out in 2017 , near the premiere of the last GOaT season. I know he takes all the time in the world when he's writing ASOIAF , yet i am afraid if the show is going to end sooner than expected , then he simply has to speed up the last book . It will cost him quite much , to release the last book after the entire story is done in front of millions of people . You can bet he knows that better than everyone .

And with all honesty , writing the ending of an already 6-book saga in almost 2.5 years time , i think that's more than enough time alright . Even 2 years is enough time , idk why he has convinced people it isn't. He always said he knows how it ends. He's well on his way to finish Winds.

How much time it could possibly take to end with the series ? How much time he can possibly need to put the last nails in everyone's coffin Laughing?

His main issues , with Dainerys at Meereen or the too many storylines have taken their course now. After Winds , things will be ready for the climax. So. The show announcing 7 seasons , i think what that means is , despite what he did in the past , i think this time they left him no choice .

As i see it , there are 2 big storylines , but in order to finish the books , he has to connect them right? Otherwise it will be the dumbest thing in the world , to have 2 stories that never meet on the road. So ,  

1) The one with the "magic" , most of it at the wall .

2) The other with the conflicts of the houses , "the war for the Iron Throne"  .

What he only has to do connecting the stories and he will without a doubt , is bring Daenerys into Westeros. It's the dragons , that will merge the war with magic stories together and everything will take their course towards the end after that .

I think Daenerys will arrive at Westeros at the end of Winds of Winter and not before . And he's probably at that point as we speak ; and after this happens , he knows how it ends . How much time more than 2+ years he may need , to write down something he almost always knew how it would end?

i may be wrong about GRRM , idk what will happen , yet i believe he has every reason in the world not to fall behind with the show. And he also has all the time in the world not to , so , 7 seasons seems great news to me , given this particular goal is met in the end .

And i think 7 seasons is for the best . GOT is simply the best TV series ever and dragging it for tooo long , it may have unpleasant consequences on the road.. What if something happens to a protagonist ? What if the quality drops because HBO decided they have spent too much already? They can't leave things to chance and they are right to aim for 7 seasons , if you ask me. Not only they make sure it will be quality all the way without unpleasant surprises , but they make book readers a favour here , simply because GRRM has to finish his last book within a certain time period , which ends in the spring of 2017.

It's spring 2014 right now and he's well on his way to finish Winds. I believe he has the time he needs and to produce quality on top of that . If he has to work harder for it , well .. he should have seen it didn't have to come to this , he's to blame if pressure is huge on him now. I believe the show aiming for 7 seasons , is the reason we heard some news not long ago that Martin had speed up with Winds and abandoned everything else to finish that.

He was probably told exactly how much time he has left Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 pm

7 seasons and 1 movie GRRM said he would like to end the series with a movie.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Did he really? I always heard he didnt think he was filmable.

Btw to put things into perspective, someone on reddit noted that as of last episode there are only 4 Sansa chapters left in the published works.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 07, 2014 10:21 am

Winds and Dream will not take as long as Feast and Dance. There are various reasons why it took so long for GRRM to finish these two books. There was supposed to be a five year gap from the events of A Storm Of Swords. Halfway through writing it, GRRM saw that it was not working as there were too many flashback chapters and then decided to omit the five year gap. So back to square one. Then he saw that there were too many POV characters which created a dilemma that was called the Meerenese Knot. So he literally cut the knot in half and split the book into two with half the characters having chapters in Feast and the other half in Dance. Even then Dance was becoming too big and he had to shorten it. So the last chapters of what was supposed to be released in Dance will be covered in the first 200 pages of Winds.

I expect The Winds Of Winter in 2015 and A Dream Of Spring in 2019.

By the way do you know that the first three books was supposed to originally be one book? GRRM planned a triology and the first book was supposed to have all of Ned's execution, Battle of Blackwater, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Red Viper vs The Mountain, Tyrion's escape, Nights Watch vs Wildlings, Arya going to Braavos, Daenerys ruling Meereen, Littlefinger's big reveal, Jon being Lord Commander, Lady Stoneheart etc. That's why A Storm Of Swords was so good and felt so satisfying. It was a conclusion of sorts, the definitve ending to the first act.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 08, 2014 1:55 pm

M99 wrote:I expect The Winds Of Winter in 2015 and A Dream Of Spring in 2019

Here's how i see it. We all know he took all the time in the world with his last books , yet DoS is 'simply' the climax of the story. It's like when you have to draw something , say a complex , natural environment with anything it may contain . It will take a lot of time to give it detail , structure it , give it form and what not , but. The painter already knows what colour the grass will be , the sky or the lake , the birds and whatever ; the last part may take some time , but it can never take even remotely near to what it took to get there.

If the goal of 7 seasons is definitive which very likely seems so , Winds should be published by Christmas 2014 or early 2015 . If it gets out by that time , Martin will be a special kind of idiot to let his last book get published any time else other than spring 2017 . 2 fkn years to write down the last chapters , to a story which by then will be well on it's way to conclusion ;

2 years is plenty of time , for anything a book may need , from start to finish . It's not like he has to create anymore ; he's almost past that now , once Winds is done there simply begins the countdown , to write down the last chapters which for years he has thought of and an ending which he knew about for years and years .

And there's always the fact that once some millions watch the last season on TV before his last book hits the stores , he will lose money , serious money . He earned many book readers from the show , but once the show is over , so will his story. And that means they won't need his books after that . Where he may have gained "10" new book readers , at best 2 or 3 of them would get the books after the show is over . Not talking old readers , these will get the books no matter what.

And i would also argue about , ASOIAF is his greatest achievement ; the best story he could ever hope to write. Will he let it be revealed by anyone other than him? After all the work and the years he put to it ? Imo , it's a personal goal which he cannot afford to miss and he still has what he needs not to.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 pm

I'd rather see a great finished product after the show is done than a rushed book just to get it in before the show finishes. GURM will take his sweet time, and I'm okay with that. He's a slow writer, and he will undoubtedly get sidetracked by other projects. 2019 seems likely to me. TWOW next summer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next