goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 16 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Wow they have completely changed the North arc.

I think Locke will Kill Jon instead of Bowen marsh in the end.

Also Ghost captured rofl rofl rofl F off.

Bran being captured :facepalm:

And yea, the white walkers in the end. We saw more of them than in the books lmao.

I think Coldhands will come and save Bran and kill all the traitors. He does kill some of the traitors on the book and this will be a great way to introduce him. Jon and the others will just find corpses and Locke will miss the chance to kill him. I think you are right that he will insitgate the Nights Watch mutiny. Alliser Thorne and Janos Slynt will surely replace Cotter Pyke and Jason Mallister in the Nights Watch election.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 16 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 2:45 am

My working theory is that when they had to show the Night's King conversion so that when they introduce Coldhands people can understand that some Others are not bad. (In the book it is easier to hide his identity as an Other than in a visual medium).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 01, 2014 10:25 am

Speculation that The Winds Of Winter release date will be announced around the time of the season finale. Because that's what's best for business.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 01, 2014 11:26 am

Would go crazy if TWOW is coming this Christmas. Have a feeling it will.

Also regarding coldhands. I guess the theory that Benjamin might be coldhands is back?

Unless Daario is Benjamin
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 01, 2014 5:52 pm

In the scene where the Night's King turns the baby's eyes blue, there are twelve White Walkers behind the Nght's King. The Night's King is the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. You know what I'm getting at.

Also Old Nan says that the Last Hero had 12 companions who all died hmm

I'm kinda glad that this episode aired. Heaps of news theories have emerged. The old ones were getting repetetive, boring or downright ridiculous (Benjen being Daario).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 01, 2014 9:40 pm

A Theory regarding the Dragon Binder Horn from reddit written by 'Itsmyredditbirthday'

Dragonbinder description

The Horn is 6 feet (1,83 meters) long. It is made from the horn of what must have been an enormous dragon. It has a black gleam, and is banded with red gold and Valyrian steel. When touched the Horn feels warm and smooth. Its surface is shiny and reflective, though the reflection depicted is somehow twisted. The bands of the Horn are covered by strange writings, which Moqorro identifies as Valyrian glyphs. When the Horn sounds, the glyphs glow red-hot and then white-hot

Horn of Winter/Joramun

The horn which Mance Rayder names the Horn of Joramun is eight feet long. It is so wide at the mouth that Jon Snow could put his arm inside up to the elbow. It is black in colour with gold bands that are graven with runes of the First Men. At first Jon thinks the bands are bronze but when he moves closer he realises that the bands are made of gold, old gold, more brown than yellow. It is said to be a thousand years old. It is not known what the horn is made of. Jon Snow thinks that if it came from an aurochs, it was the biggest aurochs that ever lived.

Both are huge and are theorized to have come from an giant beast "enormous dragon" & "biggest aurochs that ever lived"
Both are black with gold bands and are engraved with ancient glyphs/runes
My personal theory is that the Horn of Winter doesn't take control of one of Danys dragons... but instead "awakens giants from the earth" as the wildlings believe it to, but in this case Giant Dragons, but not from the "earth" but out of the wall itself... thus fulfilling the other prophecy of the Horn, "bringing down the wall" But this is the Horn of "Winter" and it is made by the first men not Valyrians so it would bring out Ice Dragons instead.
"An ice dragon is a species of dragon that exists in Westerosi fairytales. Old Nan used to tell tales of the ice dragon."
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Ice_dragon
Might be worth noting that just about every time the ice dragons are mentioned in the book it's in reference to the wall somehow...
"The road beneath the Wall was as dark and cold as the belly of an ice dragon and as twisty as a serpent.”
"The wind was blowing from the east along the Wall, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan used to tell.”
Davos chapter mentions the Ice Dragon constellation
"The clouds hid most of the Ice Dragon, all but the bright blue eye the marked due north.
Jon also mentions Ice Dragons again when walking through the ice tunnel through the wall
"It felt like walking down the gullet of an ice dragon."
Bran asks Osha how to get to the wall
"The way's easy. Look for the Ice Dragon, and chase the blue star in the rider's eye."
This is about the Ice Dragon constellation that is beyond the wall, worth noting that the rider and the dragons eyes are blue... much like a wight and an other.
The blue star eye thing got me thinking...
Jon after Othor tries to kill the Lord Commander
"The sword laid the intruder open to the bone, taking off half his nose and opening a gash cheek to cheek under those eyes, eyes, eyes like blue stars burning.
and the Sam chapter were he is saved from the wights by Coldhands
"He punched and pulled at the wight's wrists, to no avail. He kicked Paul between the legs, uselessly. The world shrank to two blue stars.
and the story of the Night's King and the woman he took as his corpse queen
"with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars"
When Jon asks Gilly about the cold gods
"What color are their eyes? he asked her. "Blue. As bright as blue stars, and as cold."
It seems every time "blue star" is mentioned it is talking about eyes... either the eyes of a white walker/wight or the eye of this Dragon constellation. I searched every book except Dance because I don't have the digital copy available to me now.
So, I think maybe Ice Dragons are a seperate species of dragon or perhaps an undead version of Valyrian dragons brought back as Wights.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Passage from A storm of Swords which kinda did tell everyone how the others turned the babies into themselves

'Your mother can’t help you none,” said the old woman on the left. “That dead old man can’t neither. You take his sword and you take that big warm fur cloak o’ his and you take his horse if you can find him. And you go.” “The girl don’t lie,” the old woman on the right said. “She’s my girl, and I beat the lying out of her early on. You said you’d help her. Do what Ferny says, boy. Take the girl and be quick about it.” “Quick,” the raven said. “Quick quick quick.” “Where?” asked Sam, puzzled. “Where should I take her?” “Someplace warm,” the two old women said as one. Gilly was crying. “Me and the babe. Please. I’ll be your wife, like I was Craster’s. Please, ser crow. He’s a boy, just like Nella said he’d be. If you don’t take him, they will.” “They?” said Sam, and the raven cocked its black head and echoed, “They. They. They.” “The boy’s brothers,” said the old woman on the left. “Craster’s sons. The white cold’s rising out there, crow. I can feel it in my bones. These poor old bones don’t lie. They’ll be here soon, the sons"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 pm

With us seeing more of the Others. it changes a lot of things like M99 said. Most of it is regarding the history of ASOFAI.

Symeon Star-Eyes was a knight who literally had sapphires in his eyes. Can it be that he became an Other? He fought for the good so can it be that not all of the others are bad? (We don't know if they are bad at all tbh)

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 pm

M99 wrote:Speculation that The Winds Of Winter release date will be announced around the time of the season finale. Because that's what's best for business.
Doesn't really fit his writing pace, which points to a summer 2015 release. Remember when people thought GURM was trolling everyone and would release at the beginning of S4? Laughing Some real VAGI went on there.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 01, 2014 11:04 pm

Btw, are we sure that HBO didn't just make a simple mistake with Nights King thing lol?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 02, 2014 11:04 am

RealGunner wrote:Btw, are we sure that HBO didn't just make a simple mistake with Nights King thing lol?

Unlikely. They wrote it in the official synopsis in the episode and changed it after it got posted on Reddit. Night's King never got a single mention in the show before that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Was going to post the theory about the Last Hero and the Night's King being one and the same, it seems plausible that they could represent different periods of the one life, and the fact that there are clearly 12 companions to Albino Darth Maul means that it could well be true.

I'm still reading this theory and I still need to digest it and consider how much I consider plausible, but this is an interesting discussion of Melisandre, her possible origins and the significance of her glamour.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96824-sbm-mel-the-red-star-bleeding-melony-seastar-part-2-has-been-added-on-pg9/

This theory though is the best thing I've ever read. rofl

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/68744-hodor-is-baby-aegon/
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Reading the Melisandre theory now.

On a different note. Does anyone else think that Ser Pounce is an important cat-racter in the Books?

He is the only one who is allowed near Tommen and we have seen how Arya have warged into cats before...

My theory is that Arya would warg into Ser pounce to kill Tommen. hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 02, 2014 4:11 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Was going to post the theory about the Last Hero and the Night's King being one and the same, it seems plausible that they could represent different periods of the one life, and the fact that there are clearly 12 companions to Albino Darth Maul means that it could well be true.

I'm still reading this theory and I still need to digest it and consider how much I consider plausible, but this is an interesting discussion of Melisandre, her possible origins and the significance of her glamour.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96824-sbm-mel-the-red-star-bleeding-melony-seastar-part-2-has-been-added-on-pg9/

That theory makes too much sense. I think I believe in it. I also think the ruby she has in her throat is Rhaegar's ruby which would make more sense now that she is related to Rhaegar.

If she is Bloodraven's daughter, then he might as well be the one who was sending her the vision of Jon. Like when she said "I ask the gods for a vision and he only shows me snow."

In one of the posts in that thread, someone said Quaithe might be Shierra herself and Melisandre's mother. That also might be true because Bloodraven might be sending her visions as well to make sure Danys is fine.

I don't know if it's too cliche for GRR Martin but Bloodraven helping out both Jon and Danys via his daughter and his wife while teaching Bran his art. It makes sense. And it's a theory not very well known either is it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Reading the Melissandre theory now too. By the way, do you guys know that Brienne is a descendant of Ser Duncan The Tall?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Yea read that somewhere
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 02, 2014 6:22 pm

The author mentioned that A Feast for Crows would feature a descendant of Dunk.

In A Feast for Crows, Brienne recalls a shield she saw as a child in her father’s armory. Its description matches Dunk's own shield (tree and falling star). Brienne has her old shield painted that way.

Both Dunk and Brienne are uncommonly tall and strong and great warriors.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri May 02, 2014 7:21 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Was going to post the theory about the Last Hero and the Night's King being one and the same, it seems plausible that they could represent different periods of the one life, and the fact that there are clearly 12 companions to Albino Darth Maul means that it could well be true.

Contrasting theory which holds the same amount of weight as the above one.

Old Nan is Shiera Seastar

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/24gmx3/spoilers_all_theory_on_old_nans_true_identity/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 02, 2014 11:58 pm

Old Nan was the Faceless Man protecting Aegon "Hodor" Targaryen, keep up RG [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 16 Lulcas11

Also from the way you're speaking, I assume you think BR is a "good" guy?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 am

Read through the Old Nan theory, it's a nice write-up. Will I read about Shiera in Dunk and Egg? I feel like I can't make any judgements until I actually meet the character myself.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 03, 2014 12:25 am

She is not in it. Just references.

Regarding Blood Raven.

I believe he is a good guy. He is mysterious and eerie and he performs blood magic. Sorcerer who was not liked by many during the reign of Aerys 1 because of reasons you will read in the tales of Dunk and Egg.

But He is the last greenseer left. Well till Bran was found to be one. He wants to make Bran like himself. And He is obviously against the Others.

I don't know what's his end game but I do think he is genuinely trying to help Bran.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat May 03, 2014 5:04 am

Only just read the above post about ice dragons. It sounds like a cool concept however I personally don't see it occuring. It could lead to a truly epic finale though. The Night's King wielding ice dragons against Dany's dragons. I personally don't see it though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 am

Read all the theories RG and dost posted. GRRM ffs just release the next book Sad

Btw I don't think Old Nan is anything more than she appears to be. Her actress died and the show said that the character died between season 1 and season 2 so I don't think she is of any more importance to the sory. Just an old wet nurse who told the Starks bedtime stories.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat May 03, 2014 4:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:Reading the Melisandre theory now.

On a different note. Does anyone else think that Ser Pounce is an important cat-racter in the Books?

He is the only one who is allowed near Tommen and we have seen how Arya have warged into cats before...

My theory is that Arya would warg into Ser pounce to kill Tommen. hmm

I love you  hmm 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm

hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 04, 2014 9:02 am

Just reserved The Princess and the Queen at my local library, should be able to get my hands on it in about a month's time. Very Happy

Also congratulations on the baby moto! Very Happy
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next