Swanhends
Kaladin
Vibe
zizzle
8 posters

Go down

Mazzari Unvieled Empty Mazzari Unvieled

Post by zizzle Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Walter Mazzarri says he’ll work the Inter squad hard in training in order to return them to the summit of Italian football. Mazzarri was unveiled as the new Beneamata tactician on Thursday just weeks after ending his stint at Napoli.

“Inter has the necessity to become competitive again, to battle and compete,” the 51-year-old commented. “I don’t know any secrets. In 12 years of management, I have based things on a respect for rules and mutual respect.

“Success is achieved through paying attention to details, hard work and sacrifices. I’m considered as a tactician and I’ll look to give my team a precise identity. In today’s football you have to be very prepared on a physical and mental level. For me, training is sacred and is not to be missed."

“I think we’ll have to work hard on our self confidence too, seeing how the last campaign ended. Inter have to do better than last season because the squad will be better."

Mazzarri was inevitably asked about transfers, but he wasn’t in the mood to mention names.

“I won’t discuss the transfer market with the media, I’ll do that with the club,” he added. “We spent until midnight yesterday talking about players.I want 22 players in pre-season training. I want two players for each role, plus a few youngsters."

“But a lot of those who will be at pre-season will stay at Inter. Last season’s Inter squad was better than the results suggest. I’ll now have to evaluate all.

Youngsters? Playing with a lot of youngsters and coming in the top places in Serie A are not things that always go together.

“I like youngsters a lot, but you need the right mix of players – even if the youngsters are the future of every club.”

Mazzarri is a user of the three-man defence, but he opened the door to other solutions in 2013-14.

“I won’t say that we’ll always play with a three-man defence, we’ll play with four sometimes. The important thing is that we try out certain situations in training.”

Mazzarri was also quizzed on the future of Antonio Cassano, the enigma who he bossed at Sampdoria.

“I have an excellent relationship with all of the players I have worked with. Antonio, last season, said hello to me during the game when he took a throw-in near me. That says everything.”
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Mazzari Unvieled Empty Re: Mazzari Unvieled

Post by Vibe Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:28 pm

zizzle wrote:
“I have an excellent relationship with all of the players I have worked with. Antonio, last season, said hello to me during the game when he took a throw-in near me. That says everything.”

Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Saying hi during a throw in= Complete and utter trust from the manager Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:13 pm

"Saying hello is like an engagement" - Mazzarri
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 pm

rofl Looks like the Internatzionale Nursing Home has just opened more rooms for sale
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sun May 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Walter Mazzarri will hold a surprise Press conference at San Siro on Wednesday – will it be an Inter renewal or goodbye?

http://football-italia.net/49352/mazzarri-announcement-wed

Kind of like how he left Napoli, good riddance. So, who's there to take us to the 5th place trophy next season?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun May 18, 2014 4:26 pm

hmm 
anyway he has always said that he would have talked at end of the year.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun May 18, 2014 6:36 pm

From his last conference after Chievo's game its probably a resignation. This is not exactly great news but it could be depending on the replacement. There are a few good coaches in the market that could be an upgrade to Mazzari but we can always end up with Roberto Mancini...We wait and see..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Mon May 19, 2014 7:29 am

i hope it is a resignation. although i wanted to have the same coach for two consecutive years, yet this one is frustrating. our project needs a coach that encourages youth players and lets them play at least. mazzari was complaining all season that he has a youth squad, when he was only playing juan and icardi as under-23 players. lets wait and see!
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 am

zizzle wrote:From his last conference after Chievo's game its probably a resignation. This is not exactly great news but it could be depending on the replacement. There are a few good coaches in the market that could be an upgrade to Mazzari but we can always end up with Roberto Mancini...We wait and see..

no, why?
I am Italian and so I have listened his words, pratically it's a confirmation that will remain but not necessarily with renew.
my sensation :the club wanted to spread his contract , his contract terminates in 2015 and he will earn 3.5 also next year, club wanted to spread to 2016 but as salary 2.5 for 2015 (and not 3.5) , and 2.5 for 016 ... Mazzarri probably wants to be reamin with 3.5 till 2015 and for the future we ' ll see...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 pm

He didnt exactly commit himself to the club, but then again he did see out his contract with Napoli so he might do it again here..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon May 19, 2014 2:06 pm

When is this conference?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor