Tomwin Lannister
Mr Nick09
Gil
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juve's Financial Situation Empty Juve's Financial Situation

Post by Gil Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:06 pm

I said a while back I would make a post covering Juventus' finances when the annual report comes out, but that won't be for some time and I felt with all the talk of not 1 but 2 stars coming to Turin this summer I looked into the financial projections of Juventus but most importantly the projected capital expenditure because it will be wages/investments/taxes/running costs that decide what the transfer budget is, and how possible it is to bring in high earning players such as Higuain etc.
There has been a lot of talk about what Juventus will do this summer and I'll admit even I have started to dream of the glory days once again, and with articles such as this one discussing how Juventus' revenue will increase massively(I do have some question marks over the accuracy) I took some time to look into the plans of the club going forward and how those plans will effect the transfer budget not just this season but for years to come.
By far the project with the biggest impact on Juventus finances this summer will be the Continassa redevelopment, now this was the project to redevelop the area surrounding Juventus stadium and move the Juventus HQ and training facilities to this location, but that is not all it will include the construction of spa/housing/Cinema/Hotel and a medical centre. The agreement in place with Turin's city council is that Juventus pay €1 million for a 10 year lease of the site on the grounds that no less than €60 million is invested during this time period. Now it is a massive property that Juventus are getting for next to nothing, so Turin council must be commended for their long term thinking in the age of austerity. Now the plan is of course to invest more (Quick estimate would be closer to €80million) and have the entire site work 7 days a week to bring in additional funding, as is commonly cited by Marotta Real Madrid receive €15 million per year giving stadium tours and the goal is for the site to earn at least that when finished.
How does this have a specific impact on this summer you may ask, well as you can see here the agreement was made in October of last year and the plan is to begin work as soon as possible, so one could speculate this summer. Now for obvious reasons the club will have to pay for a lot of things upfront as is often the case in construction, the biggest cost of course will be down to making the site ready for construction, as the site is basically lying unused filled with old debris, trees and garbage. How much of a budget is being assigned this summer, well its impossible to know until Juve make an announcement but it would appear as if it will be a substantial amount given the considerable debate between Conte and the management of the club over what finances can be made available this summer.
Picture of the planned development
The reason this is of such importance as some would think, why not get a loan? well Juventus have stated on numerous occasions that they do not wish to seek further financing(There is already bank debt of over €100million that only extends to 2023), and the plan for the short term is to only use available cash to cover costs. Now long run this is of huge benefit to the club and will ensure stability but short term it means that barring Juventus making money through selling of players, there may not be much more than €30 million available to spend, and Marotta is unlikely to spend it all on one player, and given his horrible track record on the sale of players I am not overly confident of his ability to sell players for enough money to finance a Higuain type signing and the increased depth Conte wants, and has always been the case depth will take precedence, and this could be the reason that rumored targets have moved from Sanchez etc to Diamanti
So basically as Juventus will be fronting most of the cash needed for this development and the plan is to finish construction as quickly as possible in order to be able to quickly generate additional revenue the entire €60-80 million may be spent over the next 2 years, meaning that the transfer budget will be taking a hit by that much over the next 3 seasons. So creates a situation financially that will take immense cunning to resolve, if we are looking to make purchases and split the cost over 2-3 years it creates a very tight squeeze on the development budget and wage costs and adds to an already massive player amortization bill, which is not an ideal situation, and should we decide to purchase players in a single upfront installment it means we have a lot less money than predicted to spend. And personally I think this is the reasoning behind the share price taking a hit over the past month.
So not entirely sure if anyone really has an interest in this kind of post, but financial analysis is my job and I was looking through the plans and I figured posting it here would add diversity to the current flood of transfer rumor posts.

Like I said they're skint. Arsenal will end up with Higuain, Jojo to Spurs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Juve's Financial Situation Empty Re: Juve's Financial Situation

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:13 pm

in before it's fake and they have 60 millions to spend
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:15 pm

That's pretty old. Doesn't even mention the significant investmant that we now have with Samsung.

Where did you find this, it looks like something I've read before.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:27 am

lol you have no idea how old this is Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:35 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1eek15/juventus_financial_situation_is_curious_to_say/

Dat reddit post.
Dat date: May 15, 2013
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:53 am

I've never been on reddit before, but i'm 95% sure I read this last summer Laughing

We don't have loads to spend, and we won't for a few years, we're busy developing everything that will give us cash on the long term.

But until then, our budget is comfortably 40M-50M
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 am

Agnelli,Conte Marotta said Juve that we have 35-40 mil to spend on a player but we prefer planned spending Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:31 am

So how will afford Jovetic and Higuain with 40m? scratch
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:47 am

I doubt we're getting both personally.

But you're overlooking the fact we have a small army of players we could offload.

Matri + Quags alone will fetch about 16M minimum.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I doubt we're getting both personally.

But you're overlooking the fact we have a small army of players we could offload.

I wouldn't pay anymore than 10m for Quad and even less for Matri. I suppose you could add Melo and a few more to that to make up enough money for both but with Llorente, do you need both?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 am

I read this quite a while ago actually on juventuz.org.

And anyone who expects Juve to sign 2 top strikers are simply being delusional.You guys need to really stop reading those rumors from Shitty Italian papers.Di Marzio is the only reliable source in Italy in my view.
We only need one striker anyways and i do think we have a decent enough budget to acquire one.There's no need to go Man City mode here.Llorente is not coming to Juve to occupy the bench and given the fact that he'll be one of Juve's highest earners in the team.

A lot of money is being invested on the Continassa project as its been said to generate additional revenue so in a few years along with additional sponsorships and commercial revenue we'll surely be able to compete with the big clubs financially too.But one has to wait ,it wont happen overnight.

Strikers cost big money and thats the constraint for us right now.Doesnt mean that we are broke or something ,we arent selling our best assets when we could easily do for huge profits while at the same time maintaining a competitive enough team.

DeviAngel wrote:Agnelli,Conte Marotta said Juve that we have 35-40 mil to spend on a player but we prefer planned spending Smile

As much as you like to insist on this ,they dint say that.

Gil wrote: Jojo to Spurs.

Get over the delusion Premboy.

What next ? Higuain to Everton ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:10 pm

You just cant trust Juve when it comes to signing forwards. I would keep my hopes down tbh
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Kick wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:I doubt we're getting both personally.

I wouldn't pay anymore than 10m for Quad and even less for Matri. I suppose you could add Melo and a few more to that to make up enough money for both but with Llorente, do you need both?

Yeah that's what I mean. Combined as in for both.

Melo, Quag, Matri and a couple others could get us 25M

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Its hard to sell that many players quickly for a reasonable price. Other clubs will take advantage of the fact that Juve wants to get rid of the scrubs in a hurry.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Yeah.. I really don't get why Juventus would buy two forwards. I think perhaps people have forgotten that a creature named Llorente will be joining them on a free next season.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Kick wrote:So how will afford Jovetic and Higuain with 40m? scratch

because after the meeting between Conte and Agnelli two class striker/players were promised to him. Conte wants Higuain + Jovetic if one of them fails to arrive than Tevez comes as an option.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Tevez and Diamanti instead pirat
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Surag wrote:I read this quite a while ago actually on juventuz.org.

And anyone who expects Juve to sign 2 top strikers are simply being delusional.You guys need to really stop reading those rumors from Shitty Italian papers.Di Marzio is the only reliable source in Italy in my view.
We only need one striker anyways and i do think we have a decent enough budget to acquire one.There's no need to go Man City mode here.Llorente is not coming to Juve to occupy the bench and given the fact that he'll be one of Juve's highest earners in the team.

A lot of money is being invested on the Continassa project as its been said to generate additional revenue so in a few years along with additional sponsorships and commercial revenue we'll surely be able to compete with the big clubs financially too.But one has to wait ,it wont happen overnight.

Strikers cost big money and thats the constraint for us right now.Doesnt mean that we are broke or something ,we arent selling our best assets when we could easily do for huge profits while at the same time maintaining a competitive enough team.

DeviAngel wrote:Agnelli,Conte Marotta said Juve that we have 35-40 mil to spend on a player but we prefer planned spending Smile

As much as you like to insist on this ,they dint say that.

Gil wrote: Jojo to Spurs.

Get over the delusion Premboy.

What next ? Higuain to Everton ?

Juve and Conte want 2 strikers and they'll do everything to get them but a lot depends if Vuci is going to leave which is going to happen with so many reports linking him with a move away and no denial from his side so far. Plus Conte is going to change his formation and he wants 2 strikers. I know in the past how many BS quotes Di Marzio said lol so its not like that for him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:32 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Yeah.. I really don't get why Juventus would buy two forwards. I think perhaps people have forgotten that a creature named Llorente will be joining them on a free next season.

We need more than one good striker.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 am

Yep.. so you'll get one more. That'll make it two.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Yep.. so you'll get one more. That'll make it two.

We need at least 3. Llorente, Jovetic and Tevez should do. Sell Matri, Quags and the other scrubs.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 am

Neither of those would be happy being a rotation option.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Neither of those would be happy being a rotation option.
They won't be roatation option, Conte is changing the formation for next season.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
They won't be roatation option, Conte is changing the formation for next season.

To what though?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Casciavit wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

To what though?

4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down