Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
SaintJoe
Kaladin
21 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Please tell me you guys called up Bahamut against Ifrit??

Probably THE most visually impressive scene in the entire game. That shit was insane.

Took like 15 mins to beat Ifrit ffs. Prompto died 11 times probably. Shiva saved the day in the end Proud

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:29 pm

story scripted summon so you can't miss it lol, both Bahamut and Shiva

Also I disagree on it being the most visually impressive in game cutscene, felt it was really cool but it looked like an early PS3 cutscene graphically IMO, rewatch it later on youtube, textures when it comes into Insomnia are horrible

the most visually impressive in game cutscene was the one on the train with Shiva IMO, almost looked like a legit CG cutscene
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:31 pm

the entire Ifrit theme is bananas though, one of my fav in gaming

love all of the phases, epic as f

Also, the final boss fight in FFXV was really cool to me but Ifrit felt a lot more epic and bombastic and more like a final boss in general, makes me believe the rumors that Ardyn was supposed to be Ifrit early on and then they scrapped the plot but kept the resources
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Same song I posted, so epic.

Ifrit and the last boss were great as 2 types of fight that match their roles. The big astral and then Noctis' counterpart.

My favorite scene visually is probably the stuff with Leviathan and Altissia.

The train was great too. My favorite scene all around was probably Bahamut inside the crystal, thats classic FF right there.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:04 am

Just finished it.

I'll probably post my thoughts later.

Initial thought is that it was a solid 8.5/10 game

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:08 am

After sitting on it the game is just too inbalanced. The great parts make it a great experience but there are something lacking too much. Could have been the best.

Maybe top 5 FF for me. IX, X, VII, XII, V and XV are my favorites I'd say.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 am

Top 5 for me

1)FF8
2)FF7
3)FF9
4)FF15
5)FF4

Need to play FF10 but I am sure it will be 3rd or 4th favourite since it's one of the best in the series.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 am

How do I enable post-game free roam?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 am

reload your final save and rest, then you can travel to the past
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:20 am

Just load your cleared save and talk to Umbra.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:20 am

I was really high on the game after the ending because it was quite good but after the post ending hype settled down I def soured on it slightly, is an 8/10 for me like I think I mentioned before, still very good game but could have been a 10/10 if it was more fleshed out which seems to be the sentiment online and why a lot of people are frustrated, so much potential here.

Ardyn best part of the game IMO.

and Still a top 5 game of the gen for me most likely
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:23 am

Yeah, this is one game that could benefit from a final mix (FF terms for a remaster, they do them with new content not graphics).

Noctis and the party, Ardyn, general character design, aesthetics, the astrals involvement in the story, etc. its all top notch. It just needs much more fleshing out.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:28 am

It was definitely a fantastic journey overall.

I would even say that the first part of the game was 10/10 and the last part was 9/10. Middle was a bit of a mess.

This is why you should NOT spend 10 years making a game. Technology changes fast. Some parts of the game looks like they were rendered on PS1 using ancient technology.

Best part of the game was definitely the main cast and Ardyn.

I don't think the story was explained properly at all. I am not sure I would say this is a top 5 game of this gen though. Top 10 maybe.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:33 am

dem feels when you pic a picture in the end Sad

the ending was so good.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:34 am

Imagine not watching Kingsglaive and playing it though. So many moments I'd be like wat
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:35 am

second after credits scene felt like fanservice tbh ( in fact I'd say that's exactly what it was) but I didn't mind
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:37 am

also way too many characters were around for like 5 minutes

Cor Leonis lmao

Luna - couldn't feel anything during the Altissia scenes and flashbacks because Umbra had more screentime

Ravus

Aranea is one of the more focused on characters and she's around for like 2 chapters ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:38 am

One thing I loved is how much this was "final fantasy" after recent ones like XIV (mmo) and XIII which was pretty weird. XII is in ivalice which is FF, but its kind of a side thing.

This had so many references and inspiration from past stuff.

The 16bit characters raising their arms when you buy equipment, the stuff with Luna, world of ruin, the general premise of the kingdoms, the crystals, the classic summons as astrals, etc.

*bleep* Bahamut inside a crystal with Prelude playing in the background must be the most FF thing in the series Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:44 am

LMAOOOO so true about Umbra rofl

I couldn't care less about Luna. She is like a shit version of Aerith from FF7.

Aranea was 100x better but not enough time.

Ravus lol

Cor Leonis rofl Guy was watching TV while 4 kids were trying to save the world rofl

Iris was a nice character but it looked like they planned a lot more with her than they showed.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:47 am

rincon wrote:One thing I loved is how much this was "final fantasy" after recent ones like XIV (mmo) and XIII which was pretty weird. XII is in ivalice which is FF, but its kind of a side thing.

This had so many references and inspiration from past stuff.

The 16bit characters raising their arms when you buy equipment, the stuff with Luna, world of ruin, the general premise of the kingdoms, the crystals, the classic summons as astrals, etc.

*bleep* Bahamut inside a crystal with Prelude playing in the background must be the most FF thing in the series Laughing

Agreed with that. That was a pretty nice nod. Specially with the prelude music from FF1-9 in the background.

This game has definitely rekindled the interest in FF games. And the fact next game won't take 10 years is a good sign.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:48 am

Car Journey with Iris was legit longer than Luna's involvement in the game, you should read all the discussions about it online, people are mad because Tabata had said she would be a strong female character.

There have been a lot of leaks about what was planned and scrapped from the game since release btw, apparently they had to cut a lot of Luna stuff out because they were worried about how the feminist crowd would react since Cindy already had a lot of criticism.

Cor Leonis got written out of the story apparently, he was supposed to be a party member during Altissia but they thought it made no sense for him to show up

Luna and Noctis sending messages to each other via Umbra and a diary and a scene later Noctis takes a cell phone call from Cor Leonis ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:50 am

Also, I enjoyed the combat system, it was satisfying despite being really casual and easy - BUT, IMO, the fight with Leviathan and Ardyn when you go Super Sayain is awful, just flying around pressing the same button ffs

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:57 am

Firenze wrote:Car Journey with Iris was legit longer than Luna's involvement in the game, you should read all the discussions about it online, people are mad because Tabata had said she would be a strong female character.

There have been a lot of leaks about what was planned and scrapped from the game since release btw, apparently they had to cut a lot of Luna stuff out because they were worried about how the feminist crowd would react since Cindy already had a lot of criticism.

Cor Leonis got written out of the story apparently, he was supposed to be a party member during Altissia but they thought it made no sense for him to show up

Luna and Noctis sending messages to each other via Umbra and a diary and a scene later Noctis takes a cell phone call from Cor Leonis ffs

I was wondering the entire time that why can't Luna just call Noctis lmao. It's not like their phones were tapped by the Japanese secret service. They sent the shittiest of messages too.

I'll read it all up but it will probably annoy me. In the end I spent 132 hours into this (probably 70 actual) and they were worth it.

I think I have 4 trophies left. 2 are the cooking + photography ones. Other 2 are royal arms and the optional boss i think.

Might be done with it by tomorrow.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:00 am

Yeah I put a similar amount of time 70 hrs or so..and I haven't done any post game dungeons. I will do them eventually if some of the DLC turns out to be worth it. I'm glad I played it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:02 am

Firenze wrote:Also, I enjoyed the combat system, it was satisfying despite being really casual and easy - BUT, IMO, the fight with Leviathan and Ardyn when you go Super Sayain is awful, just flying around pressing the same button ffs

This combat system was 10000% designed for the casuals and they all love it. The fact 80% of the items are useless says it all. This is because magic is useless in this game so you don't need to be tactical.

FF games were designed only for turn based so everything had to be planned. You couldn't use anything you wanted whenever you wanted. It was either you use a potion to heal yourself or someone else but if you choose him over yourself then you die 100% and it's game over.

I struggled early on because yolo but after a while battle became boring. I know most don't like turn based anymore but imo they are more suited to the FF games.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:04 am

Firenze wrote:Yeah I put a similar amount of time 70 hrs or so..and I haven't done any post game dungeons. I will do them eventually if some of the DLC turns out to be worth it. I'm glad I played it.

96% sure I won't get the DLC or play the game again. Will probably play FFX remastered soon though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next