Give Marchisio the Juve No 10 shirt

Go down

Give Marchisio the Juve No 10 shirt Empty Give Marchisio the Juve No 10 shirt

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:04 am

Claudio Marchisio would be the right man to inherit Alessandro Del Piero’sNo 10 shirt at Juventus, says former President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

Talk this week suggested that Arturo Vidal had asked club officials to be handed that jersey for next season, a claim he has subsequently denied.

“I thought that the 10 should go to Marchisio,” Cobolli Gigli, who was Juve chief for three years after his appointment in 2006, told Radio Sportiva.

“He was born, he grew up and turned into a champion while wearing the Juventus shirt. However, I now don’t know whether he will stay or be sold.

“Vidal? He is one of the pillars of this Juventus side, so there is no reason why there would be a problem if he wanted that jersey.
“Personally speaking though I would like to see that jersey on the shoulders of an Italian.”

Marchisio, born in Turin and raised in the club’s youth ranks, has been linked with possible moves to Manchester United and Monaco.
Juventus have, on numerous occasions, insisted that they have no plans to sell their best players during the summer.

Marchisio currently wears the No 8, Vidal has the 23. The No 10 shirt was unassigned in 2012-13.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum