Cotes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Cassius
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tevez vs Balotelli Empty Tevez vs Balotelli

Post by Cassius Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:25 pm

The 2 ex-city teammates are on opposite sides of the top 2 teams in Italy now and both are the star strikers of the teams. so i have a few questions for those that care.

1) Who do you think will score more goals?

2) Who will have a bigger impact during boths first full season with their new teams? (although balo has the advantage of being italian and played in the league before)

3) Who do you think will cause the bigger controversy? Maybe Carlitos touring the Italian fairways or Balo driving his ferrari onto the San Siro performing donuts ect ect. Its all a possibility Very Happy 

4) I know its not a strikers main job to assist but it shows a certain selflessness and teamwork when they do, which of the two do you think will have a higher assist tally?

5) And finally both are known for their tempers on the field. Any predictions who will have the better diciplinary record? pirat 

just a few starter questions on these 2 cause im expecting serie A next year to be a tale of two strikers. Balo leading milan like he did since he arrived and Carlitos spearheading the juve attack.

ps this thread can be used for any future comparisons, incidents or highlights of either players! was origionaly going to do a 3 way with the top Inter striker but Milito is injured for a while (i tjink) and other than that theyr lacking in the forward department.

Ill give my opinion when i finish work..

Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Tevez vs Balotelli Empty Re: Tevez vs Balotelli

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Balotelli is miles better now.

I can't believe how many people are so unaware of how much Tevez has fallen off in last 2 years.

Back then he was comfortably better than Balo is now but not anymore.

Llorente vs Balo would be a closer comparison.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Imo Tevez lost motivation, I honestly think in the new team he will be the striker we saw 2 years ago. We all know he has the skills.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Let's see what happens....
Balo is a beast though...can't deny thaT
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:17 pm

I believed in Balotelli even when no seemed to be giving a *bleep* about him during his time at Man City. :coffee:

I believe in Tevez too. Laughing

1. Balotelli
2. Tevez
3. Balotelli
4. Tevez
5. Tevez
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Goals - Balo
Impact - Balo
Controversy - Balo
Assists - Tevez
Discipline - Tevez

I think Tevez has gotten a wee bit used to a Supporting Striker role at City and will continue to play like that at Juventus, resulting in a higher number of assists than Balotelli at Milan, whose job is pretty much just to score goals.

Juventus are the champions and favorites again next season and I believe Balotelli needs to make bigger impact at Milan than Tevez at Juventus for their respective teams to do well and I believe that will happen, too.

There's gotta be one big controversy in Mario every season so he'll entertain us on that front while Carlos is going to have a better disciplinary record.

However, if Tevez actually is truly motivated by this new challenge in a new league, it should surprise no one if he goes on to be the best player in the league next season. But I've got a feeling he'll remain stuck on his Manchester City form of being "good but nothing extraordinary".
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Balo has more depth to his game. Can Tevez even take a free kick?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:29 pm

He's scored a few free kicks. Not an issue with Pirlo, Giovinco etc in our team anyway.

Can Balo take a free kick?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:29 pm

I actually think Tevez has more depth to his game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:07 pm

In sporting terms and physical state, the only way is up for Balo, while Tevez has reached his ceiling and the only way is down.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 pm

:facepalm: 

...this again. A fat, unmotivated, and ¨so much fallen off¨ Tevez is still better than the majority of premier league attackers, and outperformed Balotelli in every scenario. Tevez probably won´t win goals because he will share the pitch, and in general Juve seem to have distributed goals. Impact and assists for sure, discipline no, and who cares about controversy.

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:He's scored a few free kicks. Not an issue with Pirlo, Giovinco etc in our team anyway.

Can Balo take a free kick?

-sigh-

yes he can take a free kick.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:16 pm

What's with the sigh?

NT, not the main FK taker

Inter - Not a starter or FK taker

City- Not the FK taker

Milan - Not sure.

So I hardly have masses of evidence to analyse.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Milantildeath wrote:In sporting terms and physical state, the only way is up for Balo, while Tevez has reached his ceiling and the only way is down.

That's a certainty , although one that quite possibly may take years to become reality . He's 29 and has a new challenge ahead of him , with a lot of experience to help him through and a solid team to back him up . The way down could take a while me thinks Laughing 

Alright , obviously Tevez isn't what he was a couple of seasons back. But Serie A isn't so physicaly demanding as the Premier League. I think Tevez will adapt soon in Serie A , he has character and playing in a new league with all sorts of new experiences , i believe this will revitalise him. He'll have a solid first season imo , i'd say he can reach an impressive 15-18 goals next season , given he stays away from serious injuries.

As for Balotelli , he will do equaly well , if not better . In just half a season he has scored 12 goals in 13 appearences and that with a Milan side that isn't up to his current level , even as we speak . With proper additions in the lineup and in a full season , it's only logical that he will have the means to do better than he already did.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:What's with the sigh?

NT, not the main FK taker

Inter - Not a starter or FK taker

City- Not the FK taker

Milan - Not sure.

So I hardly have masses of evidence to analyse.

I can't recall many examples of him frequently taking free kicks before Milan , yet i am fairly certain he has had his take with Inter and City. I am pretty sure he has some goals as well. With Milan , he takes almost all free kicks and with impressive accuracy and technique , to say the least.

I can't recall the game right now , yet he must have took 5 or 6 free kicks , all in target and all very close to find the net. Iirc , the winning goal came from a ball bouncing from one of his free kicks. He's already scored one for Milan and his already the main fk taker.

That , along with the fact that he used to take fks wherever he played , should be enough to sigh when i am reading if Baloteli can take a free kick.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Balo has better athleticism, that's it.

Tevez >>
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm only here to say that Juve and Milan are not the top 2 teams in Italy. :coffee:

Napoli Proud Rafa Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:53 pm

If Balo changed his attitude to the attitude Tevez takes the field with you'd have one hell of a player. As it happens you've got two players a sandwich short of a picnic because neither is the finished player.

Tevez is the more complete player but Balotelli has potential to be a world player of the year if he bothered to show the world what he has in his locker.

That coming from a United fan is a good verdict.
The Devil
The Devil
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:06 am

I think balotelli has taken steps to improve his attitude. His performances with milan and italy have been nothing short of spectacular this season
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 am

Giggity5313 wrote:I think balotelli has taken steps to improve his attitude. His performances with milan and italy have been nothing short of spectacular this season

I've said this before elsewhere but Balotelli has a certain touch of Cantona about him, Cantona was a genius but needed to feel at home otherwise he was worthless, Balo is clearly a special player who can create and change games in seconds with his amazing ability to create a goal or a chance out of nothing. Unfortunately these players never really get seen as greats by anyone but their own clubs supporters as there is always lingering doubts about whether it was the team or system i.e (Totti).

If Balotelli turned up and gave 100% every game like he's done the last few months then he could easily be one of the best of his generation but currently he's gonna be seen as a guy who had all the ability but just loved the odd Fifa moment.

He's the only City player I've liked, the guy was crazy.
The Devil
The Devil
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:04 am

Tevez has lost all motivation imo, while Balotelli has regained it.

Let's not forget that Tevez wanted so much to get back in his country. i don't think it's different now. however i think he'll give his best at Juventus and be a great professional.

Balotelli is now seen as a WC striker and will continue to play as one.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 am

I still dont think anyone considers Balo WC just yet. hes a whole level down from that still honestly. maybe after the season starts he can consistently play and score in open play and become the player we all know he can be.

Exactly the same regarding tevez too.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:16 am

Balo gets heaps of praise for some one who hasn't reached a level everyone keeps thinking he "will soon reach". So everyones comparing an over rated striker to a striker thats fallen off his peak. At the end, Juve wins just cause they are superior; which is all that matters in these debates. TS neglects that Juve spread out the attack/goals and Tevez will rotate around allot with some of the new additions they have. This is a team game.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:38 am

Cassius_Case wrote:I still dont think anyone considers Balo WC just yet. hes a whole level down from that still honestly. maybe after the season starts he can consistently play and score in open play and become the player we all know he can be.

Exactly the same regarding tevez too.

I agree. I didn't express myself correctly.

I actually meant that He is now at a crossroad , showing that he is a WC player. He's playing at home ,

appreciated, seen as a leader etc ..

Well said by Te Devil :

I've said this before elsewhere but Balotelli has a certain touch of Cantona about him, Cantona was a genius but needed to feel at home otherwise he was worthless, Balo is clearly a special player who can create and change games in seconds with his amazing ability to create a goal or a chance out of nothing. Unfortunately these players never really get seen as greats by anyone but their own clubs supporters as there is always lingering doubts about whether it was the team or system i.e (Totti).

If Balotelli turned up and gave 100% every game like he's done the last few months then he could easily be one of the best of his generation but currently he's gonna be seen as a guy who had all the ability but just loved the odd Fifa moment.

He's the only City player I've liked, the guy was crazy.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:42 am

How is Tévez more complete? Balotelli uses an ambidextrous use of his feet, since coming to Milan shown some deft passing creation, ridiculously good at FKs everytime he steps to the mark, long range shots, aerial ability, shown that dribbling we want to see and his penalties.

Tévez is far more proven yet relies a lot of his physical output, better movement, better finisher, stronger and so far shown a better presence in big games.

Balotelli hasn't proven to be world class despite being World class for Milan and Italia as like SES, he must prove himself for another year.

Tévez on his day IS world class yet must show that he can continue his consistency in Juventus and at his age.

Gone are the days where we "wait" for Balotelli. He has proven it to us and even won me over by proving me wrong.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: