Arsenalfaithfull
Gil
Chumlum
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
54 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Looks guys, we've signed six new players!

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 BOvXR0OCAAINf4D

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:59 pm

AUDACIOUS
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:00 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOvXLclCcAAutb0.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Get in there for a historic season then Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:11 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 BOvXhVACAAAhR1H

Dat no 14 from behind so much nostalgia Proud
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Shocking scenes at the Emirates, John Terry celebrating our away kit

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 John_t10
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 pm

LMAO
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:26 pm

loool
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Hahaha Laughing 

Anyhow LOVE the new away kits ! Can't wait to see the home ones too Heart
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:55 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
furiouswindbottom wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Djourou of all the shat defenders we've had?  :coffee:

I'm with Alan Davies on Djourou. One of the worst players I've ever seen.

Debut. Let;s the ball run over his foot and Utd score in the Cup. Final score 1-0 to Utd. Then gets sent off. We don't see much of him until the CL semi final. Plays like an idiot and we concede early goals with Ronaldo making him look a total fool. Don't even start me on the 8-2 to Utd.

I stand by it. One of the worst players ever in an Arsenal shirt.

Lol are you actually serious about Djourou? :facepalm:

He's not even close to being one of the worst players we've had, at Arsenal he's been a decent player and at one point our best defender for about 6 months. If Djourou is one of our worst players then so is Vermaelen, who's had 6 good months before turning all crap. Does that sound right?

Koscielny was part of the 8-2 disaster, and Gibbs ruined our chance of a comeback against United in the CL... I guess they're some of our worst players aswell :facepalm:
i agree Djurou cannot be regarded as a flop.. for about half a season he was our best defender.. but after that injury he never looked like he was that player again.. but he was decent backup option.. happy that he is considering moving for his own good.. i have good memories about him except for a few matches when he got his confidence destroyed as RB..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:00 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 1044659_10151802474150739_1538512780_n

actually i didnt like this.. the brown-yellow of 2 seasons back was certainly better than this one.. and to make things worse is replacing the legends who wrote club history, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp,.. the invincibles on the stadium banner.. these youngsters have done nothing to be on the stadiums banner and they need to prove first before they become icons of the club.. too early.. silent
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:02 pm

It's only a temporary change to advertise/show off the new kit. The legends will be back before long.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:04 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's only a temporary change to advertise/show off the new kit. The legends will be back before long.
then it is fine..
does this happen every season when the new kits are revealed ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:10 pm

First time ever.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:Geoff Arsenal

Unless AW has been super super secretive i don't think we have any new "marquee" signings leaving with them for Asia

Well then

So much for this year being any different than any other.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:52 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 968807_682271525146400_169777697_n
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:53 pm

I like the new away kit although to be honest my ideal blue is darker than what they've got, but lighter than the extremely dark blue incorporated into the home kit.

My internet access has been limited lately due to travel, but I just wanted to see if I am the only one puzzled by the strong preference some people have for Suarez over Higuain. Obviously Suarez is capable of remarkable things, but he is also highly inefficient and (well) utterly crazy. Check out 7amkickoff's recent skeptical take on Suarez if you're not sure. The worst criticism I've seen people muster about Higgy is that he's a flat track bully. When you consider how well he's done at such a high pressure club with a few massive attacking players as competition in the squad, even "flat track bully" seems an ineffectual criticism.

I'm not denying that Suarez has footballing genius but he also has so, so many demerits to his game too. I'd prefer Arsenal stay away from him & get Higuain.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Chumlum wrote:I like the new away kit although to be honest my ideal blue is darker than what they've got, but lighter than the extremely dark blue incorporated into the home kit.

My internet access has been limited lately due to travel, but I just wanted to see if I am the only one puzzled by the strong preference some people have for Suarez over Higuain. Obviously Suarez is capable of remarkable things, but he is also highly inefficient and (well) utterly crazy. Check out 7amkickoff's recent skeptical take on Suarez if you're not sure. The worst criticism I've seen people muster about Higgy is that he's a flat track bully. When you consider how well he's done at such a high pressure club with a few massive attacking players as competition in the squad, even "flat track bully" seems an ineffectual criticism.

I'm not denying that Suarez has footballing genius but he also has so, so many demerits to his game too. I'd prefer Arsenal stay away from him & get Higuain.
i agree with you.. i too prefer Higuain.. Suarez overall has more cons than pros.. there is no guarantee that he will be happy at Arsenal.. we will be in the media for all the wrong reasons, cheating, diving, biting,... and what not, week in and out..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Would prefer Suarez as he brings a lot more to the table, and frankly is more enjoyable to watch. Preferably we sign both.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:08 pm

And I couldn't care less about one of our players being unpopular in the media
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:28 pm

I wonder if Higuain is a smokescreen for Suarez
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 pm

You guys really think Liverpool is going to sell asuarez for anything less than 50 mil? Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I'd rather have higuain imo. I'd like us to try and challenge for the pl next season. While its a long shot if we make the right moves I'd at least be happy with a fighters chance at it.

But with Suarez, that 6 game ban into next season is pretty huge. And he'll need several games ontop of that to come in and adjust to the system and a new team..so basically a whole third of the season would be on him just getting into gear which is too much time

Not to mention the cost. To actually get him we'd need 40-50 million.. And we have to many other positions that need a boost in quality to spend that all on one player.

30 million should be able to land higuain. And then we can move on and get a dm, gk and other creative midfielder
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:57 pm

make it happen:
:coffee: 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Suarez is a world class player we have been crying out for since we sold rvp, higuain isn't, bottom line is there is a big difference in quality.

Liverpool aren't in a particularly strong position to negotiate 50 m seeing as Suarez has layed out his cards for everyone to see. But we will probably be outbid anyway
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Madrid will outbid us 99 times out of 100.

Tim payton says any new signings will be done late in july.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next