Arsenalfaithfull
Gil
Chumlum
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
54 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 pm

I will still get to watch him every week since i watch most of the Roma games Very Happy

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:I will still get to watch him every week since i watch most of the Roma games Very Happy

You mean you will have to watch him every week since you watch most Roma games.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:04 am

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 8m

Arsenal have made inquiries about signing Reading GK Alex McCarthy.

u wot mate
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:08 am

wouldn't make sense, ,we need a more experience goalkeeper.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:18 am

Wenger refuses to go into details, but insists Higuaín, Rooney & Suárez are "realistic targets, quality-wise". http://bit.ly/18ew8qz

Sky Italia: Roma have today sent an offer to Arsenal for Gervinho. £6.9m bid plus bonuses. http://bit.ly/15BJLfI
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:18 am

I guess you guys have forgotten his Oliver Khan/Iron Man-like performance vs Liverpool? Red can fill you in on the details :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:20 am

:bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:23 am

I'd be against the McCarthy move because I don't want a promising young-ish English keeper moving from regular first team football to our bench.

He's the same age as Szczesny, so he'd be able to provide strong competition, but he's much less experienced and I'm not even sure he's as good. If we aren't going to actually improve on Szczesny, or bring in an older but reliable player to provide cover and competition for one or two seasons, then I don't see much point in signing a keeper.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:24 am

Lex wrote:I guess you guys have forgotten his Oliver Khan/Iron Man-like performance vs Liverpool? Red can fill you in on the details :coffee:

Pretty much the standard for goalkeepers from the best in the world to the worst ever seen to have worldies against LFC though. I wouldn't judge a keeper on that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:32 am

Used to happen to us not too long ago, it was either the post or keeper
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 am

Some people saying that we've actually made a bid for McCarthy a little while ago but it was rejected - supposedly we bid £6mil but Reading wanted £10mil.

All twitter stuff, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:38 am

Want someone 30+
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:07 am

Youtube scouted Bernard and with 21M price rumoured
using Arsene's logic(21M/90k)=233,3
is he 233 times Better than Gnabry?Absolutely Not The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Xowen10
so the German must be given more chances instead :coffee: 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:20 am

Even if Suarez does put in a transfer request, Liverpool aint gonna sell at a lower value, Unless LFC lowered Torres's value to 50 million after Torres put in a transfer request to go to Chelsea. Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:46 am

Bernard as (effectively, if not strictly like-for-like) a Gervinho replacement in the squad. hmm 

I think we should sign all good players under 5'7". Giovinco & Nathan Dyer next.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:11 am

Only reason I don't want gervinho to leave is because he is not predictable.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:14 am

On Gervinho: Doubt we'll sell him for less than 10m pounds. Yes, he has had two underwhelming seasons, both affected by AFCON in the middle. Yes, he is inconsistent. Yes, he sucks on the LW. No, he can't play a lone striker. But 6.9m? Laughing He doesn't even come close to the calibre of players populating our "deadwood" category. I would ideally like replacing him with someone better, but wouldn't mind if he stayed. :coffee:

On Suarez: No, thanks. Not even if Liverpool paid us to take him. They can keep their star man (and the baggage he brings along). We can spend 50m quid and get both Higuain and Jovetic, or spend 40m quid on Higuain and a DM (optimistically; not saying either of this will happen).

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=31702

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40