Arsenalfaithfull
Gil
Chumlum
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
54 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Liverpool and the usual French oil clubs

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Fellaini's £24m release clause expires in the second week of August http://dailym.ai/18jcYPe
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Grenier is better than ramsey and more intelligent than wilshere. so it would be an improvement.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Fellaini's £24m release clause expires in the second week of August http://dailym.ai/18jcYPe

GET IN
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm not convinced we even need another attacking midfielder when we've got Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky and Chamberlain as our options and enough strikers to forego an attacking midfielder altogether if need be.

Whether Grenier is better is besides the point; if you've got two young players who are already good and will improve the more they play, then it'd be unwise to block off their opportunities with another young player. We should give Wilshere the time to make the role his own first and then explore other alternatives if it doesn't work out.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Chamberlain is far more effective on the wing while Rosicky is getting on a bit. Wilshere is far more effective in a deeper role where he can dictate the tempo of the game with his passing or attack with his little burst. So there is space for one more attacking mid.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Eriksen will cost less and is better than Grenier, we would be insane to pay £15 million for him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 pm

He is off to Dortmund while Grenier is there for the taking.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 am

We were linked with Grenier once in a semi-reliable paper, unlikely that our interest in him is serious.

EL Patron wrote:He is off to Dortmund while Grenier is there for the taking.
Dortmund have not had a bid for Eriksen accepted and their interest has cooled as the summer has gone on... it looks quite likely that they've moved on to other targets at this point.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 am

EL Patron wrote:Chamberlain is far more effective on the wing while Rosicky is getting on a bit. Wilshere is far more effective in a deeper role where he can dictate the tempo of the game with his passing or attack with his little burst. So there is space for one more attacking mid.

I disagree on both points. Chamberlain has shown that he is just as dangerous playing in the middle as he is on the flank, but has been given few opportunities to play there more since there's so much competition in the middle. He's equally effective from both positions; his best games for us came from the flank agaisnt Man Utd and in the middle against Milan.

Wilshere has always been better when allowed to drive forward. Even if his end product is inconsistent, his direct dribbling is a threat to any opposition and is much more useful in an advanced role, not a deeper one. We can afford to push Wilshere forward more since we have Arteta to conduct our passing from a deeper role.

I don't really see much value in trying to squeeze another creative player into the side when we've found a good balance in the side.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:23 am

so...

...... Cazorla........Higuain........Walcott
........................Wilshere...................

next season?
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 am

Apparently yea.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 am

you guys MUST exploit the fact that you have the fastest player in the world.

I still think that aspect of Walcott's game is not exploited enough for the best of Arsenal. He could be like Arsenal's Navas.

As for Higuain, Without service, he will not be good. But i am sure with the decent creative midfield that you guys have, he will receive chances to score! In fact, I can go as far to say that he will be better than RvP for you guys.

MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:13 am

gunnersfan14 wrote:
Gil wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:I actually agree with GIL. Imo Theo works quite well with Jinkenson.

Jenko is massively overrated. Sagna is 10x the player lol.

Sagna's problem is he's the one carrying the ball up out on the right instead of making overlapping runs because of Theo's unwillingness to get involved in the build up.

He averages only 16 passes p/g which is absurdly low for a striker let alone a winger.

If you had an Alaba, Marcelo, Lahm, Alves it wouldn't be that much of a problem but unfortunately for Sagna he isn't as gifted as those fullbacks offensively.

I completely agree with you and have been making that same point to other people for months now lol
Jenko is solid defensively but nowhere near Sagna in holding the ball or carrying it forward.. Sagna offensive qualities are good enough.. the only thing he is missing is that final ball/cross which would have made him a complete RB..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:22 am

MadridiCanada wrote:you guys MUST exploit the fact that you have the fastest player in the world.

I still think that aspect of Walcott's game is not exploited enough for the best of Arsenal. He could be like Arsenal's Navas.

As for Higuain, Without service, he will not be good. But i am sure with the decent creative midfield that you guys have, he will receive chances to score! In fact, I can go as far to say that he will be better than RvP for you guys.

the problem is within Walcott himself.. he is obsessed with his belief that he is a CF.. the moment he understands that his position is RW, there will be no stopping him.. Wenger genius lured him into signing the contract by playing him at CF for some games.. Twisted Evil now Wenger needs to make him understand that he will never be a CF at Arsenal.. Razz
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:26 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Chamberlain is far more effective on the wing while Rosicky is getting on a bit. Wilshere is far more effective in a deeper role where he can dictate the tempo of the game with his passing or attack with his little burst. So there is space for one more attacking mid.

I disagree on both points. Chamberlain has shown that he is just as dangerous playing in the middle as he is on the flank, but has been given few opportunities to play there more since there's so much competition in the middle. He's equally effective from both positions; his best games for us came from the flank agaisnt Man Utd and in the middle against Milan.

Wilshere has always been better when allowed to drive forward. Even if his end product is inconsistent, his direct dribbling is a threat to any opposition and is much more useful in an advanced role, not a deeper one. We can afford to push Wilshere forward more since we have Arteta to conduct our passing from a deeper role.

I don't really see much value in trying to squeeze another creative player into the side when we've found a good balance in the side.
Thumbs up
yeah we dont need another promising young midfielder or winger.. but an established CAM/creative winger may be added to the squad considering that we will need them atleast in the next season when Rosickys contract ends and Artetas age is also advancing..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 am

Julio Cesar rules Arsenal out..

Julio Cesar: "AS Roma are the only one looking for me"
"I've read on an Italian paper that AS Roma are keen on me, and that makes me happy, since after I stormly left Inter, they have showed to be the only club really interested in signing him. I don't want to keep Italian football away from me, since I had joined it 8 years ago, and I spent my best professional years into it".
Evil or Very Mad
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:39 am

Arsenal look set to cancel talks with Swansea over Ashley Williams, and instead stick with Thomas Vermaelen http://thetim.es/123d3yd

Spurs closing in on Barça's David Villa. Personal terms agreed, clubs now negotiating fee. Arsenal not interested. http://bit.ly/11RAg7L
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:40 am

So first there's this:

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/06/28/mediaset-ancelotti-wants-to-keep-higuain/

Then there's this:

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/06/28/reports-higuain-to-arsenal-imminent/

The transfer window. Rolling Eyes

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 am

Apart from Higuain, We haven't been strongly linked with anyone else. I hope he won't be our only signing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm

El Confidencial says Ancelotti has greenlit the Higuain sale - http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/liga-bbva/2013/06/28/ancelotti-da-el-ok-al-inicio-de-la-operacion-bale-y-al-adios-de-higuain-123912/
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:56 pm

EL Patron wrote:Apart from Higuain, We haven't been strongly linked with anyone else. I hope he won't be our only signing

The way its going, I would not mind him being our only signing, I dont trust Wenger and his Board of donkeys.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:12 pm

So happy that the Ashley Williams rumours have calmed down.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Mannone set for Sunderland move

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 PinkMannone

Posted by arseblog

Vito Mannone is close to signing for Sunderland in a deal that will see him leave Arsenal after an eight year spell at the club.

The Italian stopper joined as a teenager from Atalanta in 2005 but has failed to convince Arsene Wenger he’s a long-term candidate for the number 1 position.

Mannone enjoyed two positive loan spells at Hull City and made a total of 13 appearances last season, filling in when both Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski were out injured.

Mannone is set to join up with fellow Italian Paolo di Canio at the Stadium of Light as the Black Cats look to replace Belgian Simon Mignolet who signed for Liverpool this week.

It remains to be seen if Arsenal are in the market for another keeper this summer, but with Mignolet at Liverpool Pepe Reina’s name has been mentioned again. Arsene Wenger tried to bring the Spaniard to the club a few summers ago, but this was when he was still a goalkeeper who could keep goal and not a clapped out baldy old gimp like he is today.

Arseblog News wishes Mannone luck at his new club.

Ciao, Don Vito!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Santos, Chamakh and Gervinho leaving is like a new signing?:bow: 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Gonzalo Higuain; Great stats but is he just a flat track bully?http://t.co/1z1aFlIis8
Neutral
what do you think?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next