danyjr
M99
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
Nishankly
57 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread Pt.2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread Pt.2

Post by dronte Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:19 am

M99 wrote:From the previous thread.

futbol wrote:If Spain make it past Italy then Brazil will get annihilated, that's out of question. Italy is the biggest worry now.

dronte wrote:Spain will steamroll Brazil in the final.

Mamad wrote:
Rebano Sagrado wrote:Brazil will beat Spain in the final.

No way

Proud
Professional jinx, my plan was successfully executed Twisted Evil

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Confederations Cup thread Pt.2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Confederations Cup thread Pt.2

Post by harhar11 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:05 am

Ganso wrote:VDB:"Brazil were lucky"

Bloody hell, I know Im hating too much on Spain, but I absolute hate how spanish clubs and recently the NT try to take credit away from the opposition when they lose

I don't see what's wrong with what he said confused 
You were a bit lucky to score such a(lucky) goal in the first minute of the game and in the end you deserved to win..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:18 am

Vdb is such a sour puss Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:21 am

For admitting that Brazil deserved to win? Ok...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:23 am

harhar11 wrote:

Bloody hell, I know Im hating too much on Spain, but I absolute hate how spanish clubs and recently the NT try to take credit away from the opposition when they lose

I don't see what's wrong with what he said confused

luck
/lək/
Noun
Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions

Chance played NO part in the rape we saw last night. A bird didn't come down and attack Casillas for any of the goals. An earthquake didn't cause Ramos to lose his balance for the penalty and a cerebral edema didn't cause Pique to momentarily become insane and lunge in on Neymar for the red card. Brazil controlled the entire game because they were just too good
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:24 am

harhar11 wrote:For admitting that Brazil deserved to win? Ok...
No, for trying to discredit the win by calling it luck
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:40 am

So the first goal wasn't a bit lucky?
The ball hit Neymars heel, when he had no idea where it was, and then Arbeloa directed it towards Fred, who scored while he was luying on the ground. I would say that atleast a little bit of luck was involved..

Last edited by harhar11 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:42 am

So that's what Vdb is saying? That Brazil's first goal was lucky?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 am

Lex wrote:So that's what Vdb is saying? That Brazil's first goal was lucky?

That and that they were lucky that they scored at start of the first and the second halves. And I don't see whats so wrong about that. I recall reading lots of british newspaper saying that Barça was lucky against Celtic because we won the game in the last second, even though we created like a million chances against them. And none said that they were bitter..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:48 am

rofl when does luck stop being"luck" and starts becoming "just being better"? Brazil scored because they put the ball in goal scoring positions on the pitch and their strikers put those chances away

Why is it so hard to admit Brazil were just better on the night?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:50 am

Lex wrote:rofl when does luck stop being"luck" and starts becoming "just being better"? Brazil scored because they put the ball in goal scoring positions on the pitch and their strikers put those chances away

Why is it so hard to admit Brazil were just better on the night?

You mean like this?

Arquitescu wrote:

Vicente Del Bosque: “They maybe were a little bit lucky with their goals at the start of the first and the second halves,” said the 62-year-old to reporters after the match.

“But I will not make excuses for our loss. Brazil are the deserved winners and we have to congratulate them.”

I forgive you, cause it could just be the post-match celebration Pão de queijo that has had you take this out of context or ignore it all together.

What I find funny is that everyone was saying that Spain was lucky against Italy(even casillas admitted it) yet saying that Brazil was a little lucky with the first goal is sacrilege Laughing

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 am

As I said, that is just the humble and respectful tactic, from "they got lucky" to "they deserved it" in a second Laughing .The most funny part is that right after he said that he wouldnt make excuses he said that the players were tired
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 am

Prandelli said the same thing after Spain defeated Italy 4-0 and no one said that they were arrogant..

I find it funny that its only "arrogant" when specific teams(Spain/Barca) use those kind of excuses but when some other team say those kind of things, no one find it arrogant(Italy/Celtic)

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:13 am

It might not sound so arrogant if you didn't take the quote out of the context...

Here is what he actually said:

"They were better than us and we have to congratulate them," he told Telecinco.

"We had some bad luck at the start of the game, at the end of the first half and at the start of the second, but I don't want to make any excuses because they were the better team. They have showed they are one of the big favourites to win the World Cup."

He also praised Brazil's ability to press the ball and get men forward.

"They had more energy than us and they channelled that into every move they made," he said.

The coach also declared that the defeat could benefit Spain in the future, and insisted his side's playing style was non negotiable.

"Sometimes it is good to lose, so that you don't think you are unbeatable. We are hurt by this defeat and we have to analyse what happened, but we cannot lose perspective after all the success we have had in the last few years," he said.

"This is a painful defeat, but it's not a turning point.  We have good players, a defined style, a group of players that get on well with each other and a style of football that has conquered the world and lead us to win many trophies.

"We aren't going to change everything after just one defeat. Now is not the time for criticism, but to praise Brazil."

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/07/01/english/1372641224_067713.html
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Not sure why Ramos takes set pieces. Everytime he takes them it looks like he'll blast it over or something.

Xavi knew Ramos would miss the pen:

The Official Confederations Cup thread Pt.2 - Page 10 BOC29D-CYAAgY89

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:29 am

Ramos knew Ramos would miss with the expression on his face. He's looking at the ball as if he's asking himself why he's taking it. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:00 am

My TOP 11 for the tournament; looked at LOL.com's 11 and it was a total joke btw.

-----------------------Cesar
Alves--------Thiago Silva----David Luiz---------Marcelo

------------------Pirlo-------De Rossi

--------Navas---------Iniesta-----------Neymar
------------------------Fred
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:22 am

Honestly, people, stop reading Goal.com. This is one of the big problems with this forum, people just swallowing everything that any "source" reports and then pouncing all over it. And if it suits their agenda, then there is just no stopping it and whatever counter argument is offered it's simply overlooked, not even dismissed, but plain and simply overlooked. I realize we all do it to a certain extent, but this is one of the most blatant cases and has to be mentioned.

What is even more amazing is that in the 21st century, in which only a 1 minute google search can get images, videos or as in this case a soundtrack of Del Bosque's statement, people take the easy way and simply swallow words of troll sites.

Listen:
http://www.ivoox.com/vicente-del-bosque-han-sido-mejores-audios-mp3_rf_2176255_1.html

It's even more interesting how the three of you commented even further on his words even though none of you clearly saw the statement or looked on another site. I imagine none of you really know Del Bosque is not the type to say that in the first place. No, you just read an edited version from a site no semi-serious football fan should ever consider visiting. That site is specifically designed to get a reaction out of you. The saddest part is people tend to make up their minds immediately, so the first news they get is usually the one that will stick with them, no matter how silly or incredible is sounds, they'll always find a way to justify it.

Here is hoping this post prevents people from jumping the gun too fast when reading irrational "news", but if it just gets 1 person off of Goal.com I'll be a happy man.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:19 am

tbh I think Giaccherini deserved to be in the line up or as sub Smile he had great confederations cup
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 am

Lesson(s) to take from this: Don't read Goal.com and don't take quotes out of context. Read the full interview THEN come to a conclusion.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Milantildeath wrote:My TOP 11 for the tournament; looked at LOL.com's 11 and it was a total joke btw.

-----------------------Cesar
Alves--------Thiago Silva----David Luiz---------Marcelo

------------------Pirlo-------De Rossi

--------Navas---------Iniesta-----------Neymar
------------------------Fred

I don't see Paulinho in this list.. smh.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Pirlo? Laughing he was awful all tournament ffs. His legs are gone.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:15 am

jibers wrote:Pirlo? :lol:he was awful all tournament ffs. His legs are gone.

Really?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:40 am

Milantildeath wrote:

Really?

Yes really. Vs Japan he was horrendous and gave the ball away with almost all his touches. Didn't play vs Brazil. Anonymous vs Spain. Average performance. Not surprised. he hasn't had a break for a very long time. Juve need a vice Pirlo ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:42 am

jibers wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:

Really?

Yes really. Vs Japan he was horrendous and gave the ball away with almost all his touches. Didn't play vs Brazil. Anonymous vs Spain. Average performance. Not surprised. he hasn't had a break for a very long time. Juve need a vice Pirlo ffs.

Well, I guess that's your opinion.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 am

Milantildeath wrote:
jibers wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:

Really?

Well, I guess that's your opinion.

How Pirlo was one of the best CMs in that tournament for you is beyond me.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next