Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
rwo power
Sina
urbaNRoots
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17 Empty Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 pm

He's BVB's second signing of the season after Sokratis

http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/sport/bvb/Zweiter-BVB-Neuzugang-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-im-Anflug-auf-Dortmund;art11635,2051077

I remain skeptical about this signing, but if Klopp thinks he's good enough then I believe that aswell.

Good luck to him and welcome!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17 Empty Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17

Post by Sina Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17 Empty Re: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Borussia Dortmund #17

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Well, I remember people having been skeptical about Barrios, about Lewandowski, about Piszczek and others before. One has to trust the Klopp, I'd say.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 am

Auba can be deployed in a number of ways, especially with Dortmund's versatility in attack. Much depends on who's going and who else is coming. Heard that they are pursuing Mkh? Don't know for sure.

Congrats to Dortmund on this signing, hope Auba can succeed :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:15 am

He's best on the wings IMO, although he is very good as a CF.

Amazing pace makes Reus look slow Laughing

Good signing definitely for me and gives BVB lots of different options.

I still expect you to sign 1 or 2 more attacking players though as was alluded to in the Kicker article with some quotes from Zorc.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/588729/artikel_aubameyang-unterschreibt-beim-bvb-bis-2018.html

If you haven't seen it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:21 am

Dortmund best be 5 star on fifa
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:38 am

RealGunner wrote:Dortmund best be 5 star on fifa
Dortmund best be 5 star on the pitch :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:43 am

rwo power wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Dortmund best be 5 star on fifa
Dortmund best be 5 star on the pitch :coffee:

Dortmund best be 3.5 stars on the pitch :coffee:

Spoiler:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:07 am

Great signing for them. Reus+Aubameyang that pace.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:45 am

So Reus will move to the midle and Aubemenyang will take a wing?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Probably. Or get another player that is used to play centrally. If I were them I'd start grooming Reus as the new (false) 9 right about now anyway.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Probably. Or get another player that is used to play centrally. If I were them I'd start grooming Reus as the new (false) 9 right about now anyway.

Aubameyang is naturally a CF its just he has so much ability and pace that he can play wide just as well and some ways better.

Anyway i'll be interested to see how Dortmund use Reus now and who else they will buy.

As i expect at least one AM will be bought to replace Gotze.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Eriksen and Rode I hope.

Of course a replacement for Lewandowski if he somehow decides NOT go to Buyern but in England.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 am

Aubame Proud 
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Is there any chance that Aubameyang is Reus' replacement?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Reus replacement? Nope.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:12 pm

RG is dreaming Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TAEHSAEN Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:41 pm

I am extremely extremely disappointed with this move. This guy is no Lewandowski replacement in any sense of the word. This guy has good pace, and a good finisher, AT BEST. His goalscoring technique does not seem "natural" enough for me and he isn't even CLOSE to replicating Reus.

However, I'm much more willing to see Reus move in as our striker and Auba taking up left midfield (reus' former position).

Reus is a top class striker in my mind any day.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's best on the wings IMO, although he is very good as a CF.

Amazing pace makes Reus look slow Laughing

Wow, I really really hope you were being sarcastic. If you weren't, I'm sorry to say that either you are not really a BVB fan or you haven't REGULARLY seen Reus play.

Reus is arguably faster than Ronaldo. This Auba guy won't even be able to eat Reus' dust.
TAEHSAEN
TAEHSAEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

https://www.youtube.com/TAEHSAEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Wrong on both accounts.... i think you are underestimating how fast Aubameyang is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TAEHSAEN Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Wrong on both accounts.... i think you are underestimating how fast Aubameyang is.

lol. That opinion is coming from a Newcastle fan who probably doesn't even watch BVB outside Champions League.

Nope, I think I'll stick to Reus > Auba. In terms of pace and all other aspects.

Moreover, all the Auba video's I've seen so far, his pace doesn't even come close to Reus'.

I COMPLETELY agree that Auba is fast. No doubts. But nowhere near Reus' pace.

If you're going to make such bold statements, at least see a few Reus goal compilations before saying such things in Dortmund forums.

Last edited by TAEHSAEN on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
TAEHSAEN
TAEHSAEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TAEHSAEN Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Either way, even if I DO give you that Auba is faster than Reus (which is absolutely ridiculous), Auba can't use his pace for jack then.

I've seen 1 or 2 goals only where he outpaces a Ligue 1 defender to score a goal.

Please. Try and count the number of times Reus outpaced BUNDESLIGA and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE defenders to score his goals.

There is no question. Reus is faster and utilizes his pace better, in every way possible.
TAEHSAEN
TAEHSAEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:41 pm

I never said he was more skilled or better that would be stupid.

I simply said he's faster.

Anyway I'm a newcastle fan so I can't have an opinion without being wrong...

Good day sir.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TAEHSAEN Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I never said he was more skilled or better that would be stupid.

I simply said he's faster.

Anyway I'm a newcastle fan so I can't have an opinion without being wrong...

Good day sir.

Sorry man I didn't mean to be so rude.. Being a crazy ass Reus fan, I'm probably being biased here but I truly believe that Reus is objectively faster than Auba..

However, my knowledge of Auba only lies with youtube videos I've seen of him so I'm not in a position to judge here until I see a few full matches of his..

Sorry about the aggression - I mean't no offense..
TAEHSAEN
TAEHSAEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:06 pm

I've seen enough of Aubameyang and Reus to know - Aubameyang is definitely faster - he's a freak... but people especially Dortmund fans can remember Odonkor - he was just as fast yet so clueless.

I'm concerned about his overall game, some part of his game are very Gervinho-esque, some of his one-on-one misses are lulzworthy, he has good movement and can dribble past players but the technical side of his game is very poor for now - passing, shooting technique, first touch and more should improve.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by TAEHSAEN Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:53 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I've seen enough of Aubameyang and Reus to know - Aubameyang is definitely faster - he's a freak... but people especially Dortmund fans can remember Odonkor - he was just as fast yet so clueless.

I'm concerned about his overall game, some part of his game are very Gervinho-esque, some of his one-on-one misses are lulzworthy, he has good movement and can dribble past players but the technical side of his game is very poor for now - passing, shooting technique, first touch and more should improve.

Alright I guess I shouldn't have based my judgement off of youtube clips then Crying or Very sad 

But, one thing you cannot deny. Aubameyang clearly doesn't know HOW to use his pace or at least, not NEARLY as well as Reus can use his own speed...

Compare the number of goals Reus scored by outpacing BuLi and CL defenders with the ONE goal Aubameyang scored last season by outpacing a Ligue 1 defender.

Aubameyang might as well be faster, but either he doesn't know how to use his pace or saint-etienne doesn't know how to use him (most likely the latter).

I'm sure Kloppo can mold Auba into a MUCH better striker and teach him the ways of the jedi..

But as of right now, Reus' speed clearly is more effective than Auba's and I think that matters more...

P.S ^ Changing the direction of my argument is my personal way of admitting defeat Sad
TAEHSAEN
TAEHSAEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next