urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Luiz Gustavo for anything under 15m pounds would be a price I would be content/happy with from my armchair.

Twitter rumors about ESPN Brazil reporting Bernard to Arsenal for 21m. With limited web access, my best guess is this is just a repetition of earlier rumors of Arsenal's interest. But is an actual journalist reporting it, or is the journalist himself a fictitious element of the twitter bs?

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Chumlum wrote:Luiz Gustavo for anything under 15m pounds would be a price I would be content/happy with from my armchair.

Twitter rumors about ESPN Brazil reporting Bernard to Arsenal for 21m. With limited web access, my best guess is this is just a repetition of earlier rumors of Arsenal's interest. But is an actual journalist reporting it, or is the journalist himself a fictitious element of the twitter bs?

I call BS on Bernard. But stranger things have happened. :/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:01 pm

For anyone hoping for Benteke, he's just withdrawn his transfer request and signed an extension with Villa.

I'd laugh at Spurs, but we're not in a great position ourselves...

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:03 pm

lmao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 pm

there is 0 news from over here regarding Bernard to Arsenal.Something could be happening but it will only come out after wednesday's libertadores final
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Some rumours of Spurs signing James McCarthy - hasn't been linked with us for ages but a couple of us (read: RG and me) were keen on him and it'd be another name to remove the from the list of supposed targets.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:37 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Some rumours of Spurs signing James McCarthy - hasn't been linked with us for ages but a couple of us (read: RG and me) were keen on him and it'd be another name to remove the from the list of supposed targets.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Barnsley are looking to sign Arsenal's Chuks Aneke on a season long loan.

Championship club. Not bad.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Suarez 'keen to join Arsenal' but Liverpool want over £50m for unsettled striker

Daily Mail
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 pm

One of the poorer Championship sides, though. They only avoided relegation on the final day last season, finished 21st the season before that and 17th before that. Some League 1 sides are probably better than them.

Goes without saying that Aneke would probably be better off at a better club.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Official: André Santos signs 2-year deal with Flamengo http://www.flamengo.com.br/site/noticia/detalhe/17662/andr-santos-o-novo-reforo-rubro-negro …
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:One of the poorer Championship sides, though. They only avoided relegation on the final day last season, finished 21st the season before that and 17th before that. Some League 1 sides are probably better than them.

Goes without saying that Aneke would probably be better off at a better club.

Wonder if he has a future with us. I'd sell him with a buy back clause after this loan.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:36 pm

I think you can put Aneke in the same category of Lansbury; talented player, but not quite good enough for Arsenal for one reason or another. Lansbury was held back by that year long injury, Aneke is held back by his lack of mobility. Technically he's good enough, and he's got a lot of strength, but not being able to get around the pitch well doesn't make him well-suited to any of our midfield roles.

Some claification on the Bernard rumours:

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/07/19/brazilian-report-bernard-is-going-to-join-arsenal/

Journalist gave his personal opinion about the future of Bernard and that's it. No inside scoop or anything.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Official: André Santos signs 2-year deal with Flamengo http://www.flamengo.com.br/site/noticia/detalhe/17662/andr-santos-o-novo-reforo-rubro-negro …
Thank god....

Welp. Thats all the transfer news I needed to hear for today.

See you guys tomorrow.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Porto, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Napoli, Man City, Man United and PSG will all start the season with a new manager.

:coffee: 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Porto, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Napoli, Man City, Man United and PSG will all start the season with a new manager.

:coffee: 

Damn.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Arsenal hipster team Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:47 pm

As sam tweeted

Free Arsenal shirt numbers: #2 #11 #13 #18 #20 #23

#2 = Mertesacker
#4 = Fabregas
#11 = Suarez
#13 = Gustavo
#18 = Rooney
#20 = Gnabry
#23 = Akpom
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:17 pm

It's very surprising how nobody in this forum has gone on a ffing rant yet. This is shaping out to be one of our worst transfer windows ever. When you think about it you are not close to signing anyone and never was. It's the same bull all over again. I have already given up on getting a striker but please AFC just get a DM FFs

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 pm

We'll start ranting around mid August most probably.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 pm

RG... the veteran of these transfer windows. It's a marathon with Wenger, not a sprint. Key is if everyone is already at the finish line by the time Wenger makes his moves. We'll see. I think there'll be some opportunities.

The issue i have with it is that Arsenal is perfectly good in terms of depth except DM... what the club needs is a star player to carry the flag. You're not going to get that by waiting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:33 pm

I don't like Suarez, I mean the guy is dripping with douche. I would rather get Luis Muriel or Jackson Martinez even Jonas would do and capoue

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:50 pm

"Worst transfer window ever" would be a massive overstatement. The fact that we've retained our key players this summer for the first time in about five years is progress in itself. None of our better players are wanting away, key personnel aren't being regularly linked with moves away and generally the squad seems happy. That's not something we should take for granted.

Also, we've cleared out 23 players this summer. Many of them are youth players who were never going to make it here, but among them are Mannone, Squillaci, Djourou, Andre Santos, Denilson and Arshavin. This was something that everyone wanted to happen.

So we've nearly accomplished two of our three main objectives this summer. All that's left is move on Chamakh, Bendtner and Park and bring in a centre back, defensive midfielder and a striker and there's still six to seven weeks remaining to do that. Things change very quickly in the transfer window. While at the moment it seems like we're doing nothing, the club could announce three signings in the space of one week.

That's why you just have to be patient. Nobody will be more aware of the status of his targets than Wenger and although people say he's "dithering" and "being indecisive", it's doubtful he'll just sit by idly while other clubs make moves on his targets.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:55 pm

JGUNZ wrote:I don't like Suarez, I mean the guy is dripping with douche. I would rather get Luis Muriel or Jackson Martinez even Jonas would do and capoue

I would be inclined to agree with you on the principle that he would be a traitor to leave and we'd be hypocrites to welcome that spirit given our Fleeing Doucheman of last year but Martinez is a totally different player to Suarez.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Listen I think that as a footballer the guy is brilliant but it's all the baggage that could kill our team spirit. The guy is a racist cannibal. I remember him back in South Africa when he handed the ball on the goal line and the was celebrating when Ghana missed that penalty, even then I thought WOW....

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 pm

And Jay you're right, not losing a star player and clearing the deadwood is very positive. But I don't see us making a marquee signing until the big boys finished eating first, which will leave us with scraps like maybe Torres or Ba.

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next