Mourinho-'' Winning Europa league is a huge disappointment, I dont want chelsea again in it''

+9
SaintJoe
Pedram
AltoZ
The_Badger
B-Mac
Onyx
Art Morte
Lex
Adit
13 posters

Go down

Mourinho-'' Winning Europa league is a huge disappointment, I dont want chelsea again in it'' Empty Mourinho-'' Winning Europa league is a huge disappointment, I dont want chelsea again in it''

Post by Adit Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:37 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23330815

rofl

"I don't want to win the Europa League," said the Chelsea manager.
"It would be a big disappointment for me. I don't want my players to feel the Europa League is our competition."

That's the only European competition we have to play and that's the European competition we have to give our best," Mourinho, who won the Champions League with Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010, told BBC Sport's Richard Conway.
"Chelsea wants the second [CL trophy], I want the third and we are going to try.
"The Premier League is a competition that at the end of the day the best team wins. At the end of the day nothing matters because the best team over 10 months is the champion. The most important thing in football is to be the best team in the season and try to win your domestic league.
"

In our case it's the most important league in Europe. So we have to try and be the best team and win the Premier League."

The former Real Madrid manager, who has returned for a second stint in charge at Chelsea, has also told his squad that status does not matter when it comes to team selection.
Defender John Terry, 32, and Frank Lampard, 35, were key members of Mourinho's last Chelsea spell but he insists no one is guaranteed their place.

"I don't care about the passport, I don't care about the date of their birth, I just care about performance," he said. "If they are better than the young guys then they play. If the young guys are better than them they don't play.''
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Mourinho-'' Winning Europa league is a huge disappointment, I dont want chelsea again in it'' Empty Re: Mourinho-'' Winning Europa league is a huge disappointment, I dont want chelsea again in it''

Post by Lex Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Wow Lampard is 35? Shocked
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Mourinho-'' Winning Europa league is a huge disappointment, I dont want chelsea again in it'' Empty Re: Mourinho-'' Winning Europa league is a huge disappointment, I dont want chelsea again in it''

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I don't think any Chelsea manager can say at the beginning of the season that they like the idea of winning the EL when they will be playing in the CL, but if things go the way they went for the Blues last season - dropping from CL to EL - then it's a very good trophy to win, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Agree with him. I'd go as far as saying a top team should consider not being in the Europa League if they qualify for it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:45 pm

well he's not wrong, the money chelsea spend in wages and on transfers, europa league is a failure

just like any of the big clubs in europe
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Benitez achieved more than he did last season! rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Soooo, i guess Mourinho was dissapointed when he and his team won the UEFA Cup over Celtic in 2003?

Then why did his team use cheating antics during the whole match?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Mikel said the same during the Europa run and was crucified by Chelsea fans....watch Mourinho get praised though.

More things change, the more they stay the same in west london.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:01 am

AltoZ wrote:Soooo, i guess Mourinho was dissapointed when he and his team won the UEFA Cup over Celtic in 2003?

Then why did his team use cheating antics during the whole match?

He complains about hypocrite people yet he's one of them.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 am

AltoZ wrote:Soooo, i guess Mourinho was dissapointed when he and his team won the UEFA Cup over Celtic in 2003?

Different clubs have different standards. Winning the Europa League is fantastic, since we don't really have the financial power to be serious contenders for the Champions League. Not really the same situation with Chelsea. Clubs with such amounts of money should be fighting for the CL, or something's seriously wrong.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:16 am

SaintJoe wrote:

Different clubs have different standards. Winning the Europa League is fantastic, since we don't really have the financial power to be serious contenders for the Champions League. Not really the same situation with Chelsea. Clubs with such amounts of money should be fighting for the CL, or something's seriously wrong.

I feel with the personnel Chelsea had last year winning the Europa league was fantastic. Lets get real, what did they have? Really?

Their best player was a central midfielder who did not even TRY to help on defense.

Lampard, as a pivot player, would be inside the box before their striker(but it was Mikel's fault for the pivot they would say).

Oscar was unproven as a kid in his first time in Europe, and had played like 80 games that season.

Hazard? Had to adjust to the league.

Terry=bench/hurt.
Mikel=Hurt
Malouda=? Didnt even try to play him

The only players they had that were proven on the European stage were 2 centrebacks(which one had to be moved to the midfield), a left back, and Torres.

Their first player off the bench on any given day was one of either Benayoun or Moses. A guy who couldnt beg a club that has not won anything for a decade to sign him, or a kid who had just got there from Wigan.

Lets be honest. Chelsea OVERACHIEVED

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:38 am

I don't really agree Chelsea overachieved. The final was a really tough game, but the rest of the games they should (and did) win.

I was mostly talking about Chelsea's financial power though. Between 2010 and 2013 you spent 345.55 millions euros. After spending such a humongous amount of money you should, at the very least, be getting past the group stages. At least you didn't finish last Razz
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:48 am

Same old Mourinho, he will light up EPL for sure in terms of these catchy phrases again and stir things up Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 am

Mourinho is a conceited arsehole. Not content with basking in is own glory he has to poopoo everyone elses.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KantLogic Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:32 am

The_Badger wrote:Mourinho is a conceited arsehole. Not content with basking in is own glory he has to poopoo everyone elses.
this is clearly not an attack to benitez so please stop digging everywhere to find something negative about him

KantLogic
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:03 am

KantLogic wrote:
The_Badger wrote:Mourinho is a conceited arsehole. Not content with basking in is own glory he has to poopoo everyone elses.
this is clearly not an attack to benitez so please stop digging everywhere to find something negative about him

Of course it is, it's what Mourinho does. He's a two-faced, sneaky guttersnipe. Don't be so naive.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Agree with him. I'd go as far as saying a top team should consider not being in the Europa League if they qualify for it.

If you're qualified for the Europa League, you're probably not a top team anyway.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Mou Proud

He is a lighthouse in the sea of football...

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down