AltoZ
Tomwin Lannister
Lupi
RealGunner
M99
77 posters

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion

Post by Juveman17 Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Since this is a Serie B discussion lets talk Serie B.

Reggina will push for a promotion playoff spot this season under the wings of Davide Di Michele. Not to mention we have strengthened our team with the full out purchase of Rodney Strasser.

Any Serie B predictions?

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Italian Serie A/Serie B 2013-14 Discussion

Post by Juveman17 Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Also we are close to acquiring Milan youth product Ganz. We have added winger Pablo Caballero on loan and have bought young Croatian defender Kristian Ipsa.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Pace is something Roma has been lacking for years, perhaps Gervinho can add to their game.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:55 am

The more they play,the more i think Hamsik-Higuain is going to be a deadly partnership..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:08 am

juveman17 wrote:Since this is a Serie B discussion lets talk Serie B.

Reggina will push for a promotion playoff spot this season under the wings of Davide Di Michele. Not to mention we have strengthened our team with the full out purchase of Rodney Strasser.

Any Serie B predictions?

Right now I'll say the three teams going up are

Palermo

Siena

Novara
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 am

Forza wrote:Lazio are always a tough team. I never underestimate them, no matter how much I may disagree with the political views of their ultras.

On a related note, has Udinese finally established itself as a European level team?

They qualify for EL or CL year after year. Will it all end when Toto Di Natale retires? Each year they are written off after selling their best players, yet they prove the doubters wrong by making Europe each season.

I doubt it they have a great coach and I will dare to say the best scouting system in Italy maybe among the best in europe they'll make another star, they sell their key players every year and somehow they find other players who amaze and bring them up. OWning Watford, Granada and Udine surely pays off for Pozzo.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:30 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Forza wrote:Lazio are always a tough team. I never underestimate them, no matter how much I may disagree with the political views of their ultras.

On a related note, has Udinese finally established itself as a European level team?

They qualify for EL or CL year after year. Will it all end when Toto Di Natale retires? Each year they are written off after selling their best players, yet they prove the doubters wrong by making Europe each season.

I doubt it they have a great coach and I will dare to say the best scouting system in Italy maybe among the best in europe they'll make another star, they sell their key players every year and somehow they find other players who amaze and bring them up. OWning Watford, Granada and Udine surely pays off for Pozzo.

Yeah but basically the only constant with how Udinese works is Toto, I don't know but I'm a bit skeptical about it
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Milantildeath wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Since this is a Serie B discussion lets talk Serie B.

Any Serie B predictions?

Right now I'll say the three teams going up are

Palermo

Siena

Novara
Serie B is always impossible to predict. Who would've though Sassuolo would win the league at the start of last season? Not even their supporters!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 pm

I think from now on you'll notice that most teams coming from Serie B will have very young squads mainly because of the wage cap.
But the question remains that if they'd have the quality to sustain top flight football.I mean you can easily see a Pescara case happening often.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 pm

tbf to Pescara, they sold off most of their vital players before last season. I think they would've even been able to fight out of relegation if they had the likes of Insigne, Verratti and even Immobile(who's loan expired)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:35 pm

The best teams in Serie B are probably Brescia, Empoli & Novara. Combine that with the relegated Palermo, Siena & Pescara and you have an idea of who the protagonists will be in the upcoming season. The problem is that teams are very inconsistent. You can go from relegation battler in Serie B one season, to title contender in the next season.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Yea Serie B is very sporadic and anything can happen.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm

About the wage cap in Serie B, I support it. Getting relegated to Serie B massively drains the finances of clubs, there is a severe decrease in revenue. Combine this with players having high wages there is a potential of financial disaster in a club and this has happened before more than once in the past. With this rule, this can now be avoided. A step in the right direction, next I hope youth teams are allowed to play in the lower divisions like in Spain, that will really good for the development of young players and names like AC Milan, Inter, Juve will turn more heads toward Serie B too.

About Lazio, comparitively they have not strengthened so much, I see them finishing the same place they finished last season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:09 pm

InteristAli wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Yeah but basically the only constant with how Udinese works is Toto, I don't know but I'm a bit skeptical about it

I can't agree with that, Toto is the key player for Udinese but in few games he has been on the bench this season and the team preformed with him they always win yes but slowly their coach is getting them ready for life without him and with Muriel getting in form, I am more than sure they already have the sub for Toto, maybe Ighalo ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm

@devi they also have a TQ who's highly rated by Guidolin himself, Zielinski I believe his name is.
Oh and I'm just speculating, they might play better as a team after toto but I'm still not seeing it, maybe I should focus on watching them more this year
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:15 pm

I predict that Luis Muriel will really step it up this season.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:37 pm

“Gervinho had been dreaming of Serie A for at least three years,” revealed the new Roma hitman’s agent.

The Ivory Coast international completed his move from Arsenal this week for €8m plus performance-related bonuses.

“Gervinho had been dreaming of Serie A for at least three years,” insisted agent Pascal Boisseau on Calciomercato.com.

“In the summer of 2010, then-Roma director general Daniele Pradè wanted him in the Capital, while the club also made a proposal last year.”

Gervinho left Lille to join Arsenal for €12m in July 2011, but is now reunited with his old Coach Rudi Garcia.

He never quite settled in London, scoring 11 goals in 63 games in all competition for Arsenal.

“His technical characteristics are unique and because of that much appreciated by several Italian directors,” continued the agent.

“He has a culture of hard work and physicality that I think will make it easy for him to settle into Serie A.

“Garcia very strongly wanted him. He spoke directly to the player and when I met with the Roma directors it didn’t take long to understand this was his big opportunity.”

Gervinho underwent a medical over the weekend, but it’s believed the transfer hasn’t been ratified yet due to an issue with the limit on non-EU players.

It is perhaps because of this that today Roma signed 32-year-old Brazilian Babù from Paganese. They hope to buy the non-EU player from within Italy, then sell him abroad to free up a new incoming non-EU spot for Gervinho.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:08 pm

http://cdn.whoscored.com/img/blog/2013%2f8%2fStriking-Duos.jpg

PS.Simply posted it.Dont shoot the messenger !
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:06 pm

InteristAli wrote:@devi they also have a TQ who's highly rated by Guidolin himself, Zielinski I believe his name is.
Oh and I'm just speculating, they might play better as a team after toto but I'm still not seeing it, maybe I should focus on watching them more this year
Yup you should their games are worth watching and are never boring Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Roma are gonna have a good season. The first three games are easy and Garcia has the chace to build up confidence - something that has been lacking in Roma.
Defense still worries me - but there is still time to do something about that. Also, to replace Osvaldo with a better finisher
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Forza wrote:I predict that Luis Muriel will really step it up this season.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Hamsik extends his contract until 2018.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:28 pm

S wrote:De Sanctis
Maicon-Castan-Benatia-Balzaretti
De Rossi-Strootman
Lamela-Pjanic-Gervinho
Osvaldo

So they will have genuine pace on either flanks now.And going by what i'm reading he seems to rate Osvaldo too.I wonder if Totti would play much next year ? Just asking btw.
think that brazilian dodo is that his name??/ is much better offensively and defensively than balzaretti.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Forza wrote:Gervinho Gervais is so second-rate, can't believe they bought him.
his pace and work rate would be huge asset to roma.... i would say a good buy, they got him cheap. and he would be quality backup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If Inter get Gustavo they will finish top 3 at least.

Same goes for Milan if they get Honda and Ljajic.

What i'm saying is if these deals happen the top 3 will be Juve, Milan and Inter.

Just like the good old days Laughing 
italy desperately needs that top 4 CL spot!!!! there are great teams in serie a who deserves to be there. its been us milan, juve and other clubs cocking up in CL every year

i am too afraid that with fiorentina roma and napoli massively upgrading their squad and depth, it would be really difficult for milan and inter ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 pm

:coffee: If Roma manages to get into CL , this team can go far .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next