RealGunner
AltoZ
sportsczy
36 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ligue 1 Discussion 13/14 - Page 6 Empty Re: Ligue 1 Discussion 13/14

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 am

I actually agree with Arq, I watched a lot of Napoli with Lavezzi-Hamsik-Cavani trio and Lavezzi was never a winger or a forward. In fact both Hamsik and Lavezzi were given free roles to do and go wherever they pleased. Which is what made them so deadly. Free license to roam is what Lavezzi needs, but I just don't see how that'll work with Ibra also playing.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 am

Lavezzi is just a clutz in front of goal... his final pass and scoring touch is awful. Blanc tried playing him as the second striker while Cavani wasn't there and he was just lol. He missed everything. So he put him wide and his final balls are still awful.

I think Lavezzi is headed to the bench for Lucas.

Pastore has been just crap. Nothing else needs to be said.

And as for Ibra... he's been missing a TON of open scoring opportunities to start the season. He's been reminding me of Giroud last year for Arsenal Laughing I mean, i'd say he's already missed around 6-7 massive scoring chances in the first 3 games. But he'll come around.

Pastore needs to be gone from the lineup and Lavezzi benched as well. These 2 guys are the problem. They're very wasteful in buildup and providing little to no final balls to Ibra/Cavani. Motta is the most effective final ball player so far, which should tell you something about how awful those two have been.

Hope PSG can land Ozil. They're trying hard today.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 am

sportsczy wrote:Hope PSG can land Ozil. They're trying hard today.
What happened to QSG's 60m net budget ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:43 am

They had Carlo and Leo leave... they decided to splash to detract attention from those losses. If they had to choose, they would have rather gone for continuity. But with all the negatives around those two, they had to splash for focus to be put back on the project.... AND they want to make sure they're more successful without those two to prove a point.

Madrid do this all the time too btw. They take away attention from their problems by offering fans/public new stars.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:25 pm

1-0 to QSG at half time, Matuidi is a bit of a beast. Won the ball back in his own half and then finished by scoring in other end bounce 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 pm

2-0 to QSG Lucas. What a pass by Verrati bounce 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Lucas was dominant. MOTM.

Interesting how PSG look 100x better without Pastore and Lavezzi playing.

I think, in the next game, you see Cavani for Ogenda of course (although Ogenda looked good) AND Veratti staying in.

433 is obviously much better than 442.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Interesting how PSG look 100x better without Pastore and Lavezzi playing.
Ganso wrote:Not due to their nationality, but i think that both Lavezzi and Pastore are a huge problem for PSG.Pastore simply doesnt play centrally which is his best role, and when he does he is crap.Lavezzi also is a odd player when it comes to the formation.Blanc should just stick to a formation he finds ideal and build a team around Ibra and Cavani asap.

I also have a feeling the dressing room isnt in sync with Blanc.At least compared to Carlo
:coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:42 pm

lavezzi is okay, but you cant expect him to be something he is not. hes not a goalscorer

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Albiceleste wrote:lavezzi is okay, but you cant expect him to be something he is not. hes not a goalscorer
He is just being callously misused. Last year despite the conception he was very important along with his goals yet as a whole, (especially under Blanc) he is being used similar to Di Maria, which is the exact opposite of how Lavezzi is supposed to be used. No freedom, isolated, and looks tactically disjointed rather than a case of ability.

You know my thoughts on Pastore, yet I maintain Lavezzi is Argentina's best player after Messi.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:lavezzi is okay, but you cant expect him to be something he is not. hes not a goalscorer
He is just being callously misused. Last year despite the conception he was very important along with his goals yet as a whole, (especially under Blanc) he is being used similar to Di Maria, which is the exact opposite of how Lavezzi is supposed to be used. No freedom, isolated, and looks tactically disjointed rather than a case of ability.

You know my thoughts on Pastore, yet I maintain Lavezzi is Argentina's best player after Messi.
Arq stahp Laughing

Your killing me lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

Arq stahp Laughing

Your killing me lol.
Messi is Argentina's best player after Di Maria :coffee:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Thing is Lavezzi hasn't been asked to be a scorer by design with both Ibra and Cavani on the pitch.  BUT, the defense leaves him open to concentrate on the other two... so he automatically gets a lot of scoring chances.  He's so pathetic at his finishing that it's painful.

It's one of those things where you need to be able to score because the 2 scorers afford you the chances...  

Pastore has lost his job period.  Both Veratti and Rabiot offer more... if someone wants him, he's yours in the next mercato.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:

Arq stahp Laughing

Your killing me lol.
If you saw him with Napoli, he was on another level to anyone Argentine outside Messi. Sadly he is misused for Argentina and PSG so the conception has been diluted. Can win you games on your own, create, score important goals etc as I don't see how its a notion to laugh at given he was Napoli's best almost every game. Was ridiculously good.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:30 pm

Arq you know i did lol..

He's very very good but he's not as good as some of the attacking talent Argentina has even if you ignore Messi.

We can't ignore how brilliant Di Maria, Aguero and Higuain are for their country.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:30 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arq you know i did lol..

He's very very good but he's not as good as some of the attacking talent Argentina has even if you ignore Messi.

We can't ignore how brilliant Di Maria, Aguero and Higuain are for their country.
Indeed your did, yet his recent performances in misuse might have saturated your opinion of him.

I'm not speaking for National teams as that point would be futile given Lavezzi has been criminally misused for Argentina similar to Cavani for Uruguay.

Speaking on a pure basis of ability and what they can replicate to which Lavezzi does things none of the aforementioned do.

I wouldn't argue against Agüero, yet mostly due to his age comparison with Lavezzi. Yet Higuain and Di Maria seldom perform to the levels Lavezzi can and does at their best.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:37 am

Pastore always was too inconsistent to become a real top player

Lavezzi should move back to Serie A to a team who would use him as he's meant to be used.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:10 am

Lavezzi is not a good enough player to have a whole system built around him... you guys are suggesting that PSG make him a focal point and adjust to his skills. Given that there's Ibra, Cavani and Lucas, that's never going to happen.

PSG are asking him to become a mini version of Ribery where he dominates his corridor first and then uses that to cut in. Also work with the fullback on his side. I mean, it should be a dream come true for any wing player. But his decision making and final ball are so bad right now, that he usually ends up running into nowhere... basically, he has low footy IQ. Seems to be an issue for several Argentinian forwards tbh... they either have great IQ like Messi and Higuain or it's a complete blank lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Pastore always was too inconsistent to become a real top player

Lavezzi should move back to Serie A to a team who would use him as he's meant to be used.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Gomis is still a Lyon player rofl 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Lacazette is very good, thats twice he has put it in the box for Gomis
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:26 pm

What a hit by Gomis Shocked 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:52 pm

0-0. Lyons shit form continues.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Lyon has sucked in Ligue 1 since last December. Remember they were tied with PSG going into January and ended up barely hanging on to 3rd.

I think they'll end up somewhere between 5-10 this year... but it won't be easy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Lorient defender Lamine Kone claims it is "easy" to play against Monaco star Radamel Falcao.

Claudio Ranieri's side secured a hard-fought 1-0 win on Sunday after Falcao won and converted a penalty, taking his tally to four goals in just five games in Ligue 1.

However, Kone claims he was never unduly tested by the Colombia star in last weekend's fixture and insists the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Bafetimbi Gomis are far sterner opponents in France's top flight.

"Is he [Falcao] the most difficult player I have had to mark? Frankly, no," the 24-year-old was quoted as saying by France Football. "In fact, he's quite easy to mark.

"There are more difficult players in Ligue 1. Ibrahimovic, for example, is a genuine poison. Bafe Gomis or even [Saint-Etienne striker] Brandao are also very hard to mark. They are powerful, and strong with their backs to goal. It's hard to get the ball off them."
Fraudcao Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Monaco VP :
"We met in the spring but we didn't talk [about a move] because he was a Real Madrid player and at that stage he was already in the stage of negotiating for a new contract, while we were working on signing Falcao," Vasilyev told L'Equipe.

"We had to be realistic, because we could not have bought Falcao and Cristiano. Of course we would have loved to have had them both but we had already spent a lot of money and in the future we will have to invest less money in the team. We can't carry on spending and spending - we're going to spend less money and focus on our academy, which is one of the best in France."

Vasilyev also denied that Falcao has a clause in his contract which would allow him to leave the club to join Real Madrid.

"There is no clause that allows him to leave after the first year. It wouldn't make any sense to build a project around a player and then let him leave after the first season," he said.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next