I hardly heard about Scottish clubs nowadays

+4
EL Patron
AltoZ
Tomwin Lannister
redsnoopy
8 posters

Go down

I hardly heard about Scottish clubs nowadays Empty I hardly heard about Scottish clubs nowadays

Post by redsnoopy Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:55 am

Last time they used to be quite well known (Rangers, Celtic) esp since one or two of their teams will participate at least in playoffs stage of CL as they are considered separate grouping route (I wanna say separate country but doesn't seem politically correct thanks to my remembering of the epic movie Braveheart), while even much stronger teams in other leagues often miss out by being 5th or 6th in their league

Rangers were also famous because they were still able to attract superstars such as Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laudrup

But nowadays hardly heard even a whiff about Scottish league. Wonder why ?

redsnoopy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

I hardly heard about Scottish clubs nowadays Empty Re: I hardly heard about Scottish clubs nowadays

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:58 am

Why? The competition is shit. No top player wants to spend his time playing against 'FC WhoGivesAF*ck' infront of 3,000 people in the cold in a glorified park.

The money you make from the SPL is terrible, as a result the clubs can't afford to lavish you with high wages either.

Celtic and Rangers (When they're back in the SPL) Can get moderately good players. Purely because there's a guaranteed opportunity to at least fight for a CL spot. But after a while, any decent players normally move south to a mid-table club to try and work from there.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

I hardly heard about Scottish clubs nowadays Empty Re: I hardly heard about Scottish clubs nowadays

Post by AltoZ Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:27 am

Rangers and Celtic should move to PL, like Swansea and Cardiff.

Rangers would love it, im not sure about the anti-english Celtic.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:28 am

It was dead long time ago, Rangers killed themselves with debt and the all tax thing.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:00 am

Yeah the old firm should get a spot 1 or 2 leagues down, and work their way to the PL

They have a great fan base and would add something to the Prem within 10 years.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 am

doubt Celtic would give up there gaurenteed CL money every year to join the football league and try for promotion, then have to battle it out with the EPL big boys for CL spots....they don't give a fack about the state of scottish football they just happy to get there CL money every year
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by redsnoopy Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Rangers have overstretched themselves trying to match up with other CL teams

redsnoopy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 pm

What little competiton was left in the SPL was killed off by the Rangers tax debacle, even when Rangers do get back to the SPL they wont be able to compete with Celtic.

B-Mac wrote:doubt Celtic would give up there gaurenteed CL money every year to join the football league and try for promotion, then have to battle it out with the EPL big boys for CL spots....they don't give a fack about the state of scottish football they just happy to get there CL money every year
Youd think being mid-table in the PL (like on par with Fulham say) would offer more money then playing the Cl group stage and dominating a low quality league, especially with the new TV deal
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Sadly, I'd say that the SPL is probably the only league in all of europe that has a complete, guaranteed 100% winner next year.

The odds of any other team beating them out for the title are so astronomical that if all you had to do was bet one dollar against celtic to win a million, it wouldn't be worth it because it would be a waste of a dollar.

The last time any other team won the league other than Rangers and Celtic, was nearly 30 years ago, and it took Sir Alex Fergunson, probably the greatest manager there ever was to get it done with Aberdeen.

There's no other league where the competition is that poor, or has been for so long. While its a shame to see what happened to Rangers, it was a needed wake up call. The rangers, celtic endless battle just covered up for the issues the league had. I think without any sort of story line or drama of who wins the title, theyll have to do something. I think maybe in the next 4 years, some other team may, perhaps not win, but atleast make it close, to get some excitement and drama back into the league.

Hopefully this time gives another team some shots in the CL and helps establish themselves. Would love to see Aberdeen make the CL and make a name of themselves outside of scotland again.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Do their TV deal similar to EPL (revenue shared evenly by the teams)!!! If not, the authorities should at least try that.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum