Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 am

That's because the whole production team got changed

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

True Detective || HBO - Page 23 Empty Re: True Detective || HBO

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:09 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Agreed with y'all but I just can't get into the Woodrugh-gay-acceptance-arc. 3 episodes out of 8 have aired and he still hasn't realized that he likes men. We get it, move on.

Same my thought
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:20 am

Can't wait for future me to be lying in bed at 2 in the morning with my mail order Russian wife, and waking her up by talking about paper mache and killing rats.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:21 am

Biggest question is, why did she even go out with someone who isn't interested in her sexually lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:29 am

I figured he is interested but too much shit is going on for him to focus.

If not, then $$$$
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:33 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I figured he is interested but too much shit is going on for him to focus.

If not, then $$$$

This. No time for tits when your world is crumbling. Also prob pissed at her babymaker being broken.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:09 am

elitedam wrote:It's weird. I like the show. A lot even but sometimes it has some of the cringiest God awful dialogue I've ever heard. Like Vaughn's rat story or "half great white and half anaconda" bit.

It is entertaining though and like M69 said, the nearly hour long episode goes by really quickly.

Also a little background on the real world city Vinci is based on: http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lets-explore-the-corrupt-town-that-inspired-true-detect-1715997419
Tomwin Lannister wrote:S1 had more balance I.E every time Rust would say some weird, abstract deep shit you had Marty right next to him making fun of him or telling him to stfu.

But if everybody runs about dropping deep, dark quotes without somebody with a standard perspective chipping in, it gets a bit much

Agree. It's overwritten to the point of being terribly written, imo.

Thought the first episode was not bad, now after watching to ep3 I think this is not working at all.

Vaughn doesn't manage to pull it off. He's actually *bleep* terrible.
Not all his fault, unfortunately for him he's asked to deliver text that doesn't make sense for a former LA metro area gambling halls strip club small time mafioso.
Rust gave these speeches because he was that kind of person (with just a matress and loads of books in his apartment...), but here it doesn't make sense. "I'm apoplectic".

Then he's trying to hard. I can't get rid of the feeling I'm watching Vaughn act his character instead of watching Vaughn's character act.
That's always a bad sign in drama, in comedy it's different.

Colin Farell is the only half interesting character imo.

Along of course with the old detective partner who will play a bigger part than expected, and Frank's assistant.

I don't think this season is working.
It's a pity as I like the setting, and I thought the exposition episode was interesting if a bit rushed.

On top of the writing and acting, I think the direction is worse too.
The pace of the editing is erratic. The music mixing is erratic. The music selection is annoying. Not that it's not good music, but it doesn't make sense the way the dark swamp rock, or psychedelic stuff, made sense for Louisiana.
The scenes in that bar with the indie lady singing are *bleep* ridiculous.

Oh well.

I like Farrell's acting though, and I still love the quality minor character casting.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Can understand most the sentiments tbh.
Think we should give the direction of the overall story until ep.5 to see if this slow, forced dialogue stuff continues.

I quite like the bar scenes with the singer in the background though, but I also feel those are forced and used too much.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Last 15 minutes were insane.

Lol at mcadams and Ferrell freaking out but the other guy was like "it's all good lads" Laughing

Salvaged the episode completely. Might be getting better now. Writing remains atrocious. Scenes when people aren't talking are much better when people are talking Laughing

Also, Vince Vaughn is awful. Worst character in the show. No idea why you all were hyping him so much. Mcadams is improving at a better rate. Was good this ep.

There is something really wrong with the whole case btw. It feels like most of the cops, higher officials etc are corrupt and the only 3 (maybe, inb4 twist) main characters seem to be genuine.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Last 15 minutes were insane.

Lol at mcadams and Ferrell freaking out but the other guy was like "it's all good lads" Laughing

Salvaged the episode completely. Might be getting better now. Writing remains atrocious. Scenes when people aren't talking are much better when people are talking Laughing

Also, Vince Vaughn is awful. Worst character in the show. No idea why you all were hyping him so much. Mcadams is improving at a better rate. Was good this ep.

There is something really wrong with the whole case btw. It feels like most of the cops, higher officials etc are corrupt and the only 3 (maybe, inb4 twist) main characters seem to be genuine.

Writing atrocious? Shove that hyperbole up your ass bruh Laughing It's still in the upper 5% of TV writing. Compared to season 1? sure it's not up to par, but calling it atrocious is ridiculous.

The last 15 minutes were great. Taylor Kitsch's character finally looked comfortable, great on his character to be honest. This was his episode. You could see how he only feels at home in combat, and he doesn't know what to do with himself in his personal life.

I feel like a lot of the threads that doesn't make sense now, will start tying up once we get in the second hald of the series. Vince Vaughn isn't awful, he's fine. Had a great role last episode. This episode there was too much set-up for my taste with the whole getting favors from friends. Will probably be relevant once we get moving.

Still have a feeling this show would be much, much better received as a Netflix show, so the series could be judged as a whole.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Sometimes I like Vince Vaughn but sometimes I think he's cringe worthy, honestly I mostly attribute that to the writing being comic book tier at times (especially with regards to his character), would be the same for anyone with some of these lines.

Also, I liked the shootout but there was also a lot I disliked about it. How only the core group of characters survived, no bullets hit Mcaddams and jesus christ that explosion CGI was atrocious. This felt like The Expendables. Still really enjoying the show for the most part.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Still, money's on Osip or however you say his name being the one behind trying to screw over Vince Vaughn with this ginger subordinate almost certainly in on it. Seems like the entire thing the cops walked into was a setup from the corrupt higher ups like the mayor (remember him saying something like be careful out there, before they left) now they can say the case is closed.

Not the same watch btw

True Detective || HBO - Page 23 J9hpdlR
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Firenze wrote:Sometimes I like Vince Vaughn but sometimes I think he's cringe worthy, honestly I mostly attribute that to the writing being comic book tier at times (especially with regards to his character), would be the same for anyone with some of these lines.

Also, I liked the shootout but there was also a lot I disliked about it. How only the core group of characters survived, no bullets hit Mcaddams and jesus christ that explosion CGI was atrocious. This felt like The Expendables. Still really enjoying the show for the most part.

COmpletely agreed with you and on Vince Vaughn and the shitty explosion. I rolled my eyes when I saw that shit CGI, reminded me of Kung Fury Laughing

Writing is not atrocious at all, it's definitely not as good as season 1 but I would not say it's in upper tier of 5%.

Loved Velcoro and Ani losing their shit and Paul just shrugging. Just another battlefield for him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Firenze wrote:Sometimes I like Vince Vaughn but sometimes I think he's cringe worthy, honestly I mostly attribute that to the writing being comic book tier at times (especially with regards to his character), would be the same for anyone with some of these lines.

One of his scene was the reason I got so pissed off and said "writing his atrocious".

Maybe it was a stretch though. It just feels weird with it all over the place. Part of the problem is how it has so many characters with such little time. It feels disjointed at times.

But I think it will get better now as Freeza explained.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:27 am

Woodrugh Proud

Nice and intense last 10 mins, loved it. Other than that the episode was poor.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Mr. Taylor " Never A Joy " Kitsch .
I think he has never laughed in these 3 episodes and he has the same will to live than a Schalke 04 fan after Bundesliga 2001 Laughing
But  he seems  great .
And I think Vaughin is legit tbh , I think his character is working well.
The last 15 minutes were great and intenses, the rest was average, a step back than the 3rd episode ( so far it was my favorite )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Robespierre wrote:Mr. Taylor " Never A Joy " Kitsch .
I think he has never laughed in this 3 episodes and he has the same will to live than a Schalke 04 fan after Bundesliga 2001 Laughing
But  he seems  great .
And I think Vaughin is legit tbh , I think his character is working well.
The last 15 minutes were great and intenses, the rest was average, a step back than the 3rd episode ( so far it was my favorite )

Being a closeted gay war criminal is not exactly something to smile about though Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:42 pm

That shootout was pretty intense.

I agree with Firenze that it was all a set up to close the case.

Also Vince Vaughn has to have done something to piss off the writers, right? I don't know if any other actor can pull off the awful lines he's been given but I know he sure as hell can't. What makes it even worse and more noticeable is that the dialogue for the rest of the show when Vaughn isn't involved is usually pretty good.

Hopefully the writers have mercy on him in the final four episodes.

elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:59 pm

If the writing pisses you off that much I hope you never watch an episodical tv-show tbh Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:31 pm

When the lines aren't cheesy Vaughn's great but they keep adding ridiculous one liners to his dialogue lmao

I'm enjoying the season but with a few tweaks it would be a lot better, and it says it all when the shady criminal who's lost all of his lifes earnings is the only main character that doesn't look like they're about to break down in to tears or commit suicide every 5 minutes Laughing

Never seen such an emotionally damaged main cast of good guys in all my life
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:When the lines aren't cheesy Vaughn's great but they keep adding ridiculous one liners to his dialogue lmao

I'm enjoying the season but with a few tweaks it would be a lot better, and it says it all when the shady criminal who's lost all of his lifes earnings is the only main character that doesn't look like they're about to break down in to tears or commit suicide every 5 minutes Laughing

Never seen such an emotionally damaged main cast of good guys in all my life

Danish and generally Scandinavian dramas are like this for every good guy tbh. Not a single character that's not beenm abused in some way Laughing

Festen/The Celebration has some legit real feeling damaget characters.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm

I get why they do it, and it's really interesting. But imo there should never be an entire cast of abused drug abusing messed up nutters that are on team 'good' Laughing

There should always be a couple of relatively normal main characters to contrast the messed up ones.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 pm

want to see more scenes between Ferrell and his son IMO

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:45 pm

Remember son, no matter where you are or where I am, you'll always be...

*son starts gently sobbing*

a fat pussy.

*Disappears in to the night*
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:16 pm

You want a good kid but you have a fatttt pussy