Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 40 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by REWB Tue 10 Sep 2013, 17:32

Crimson wrote:
REWB wrote:You guys need to do your research: http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/gazidis-we-can-compete-like-bayern/
Except your a few league titles short of ever being like Bayern, then we could mention European titles or the fact that Bayern isn't €290m in debt.....

Or we could just simply say Bayern is competitive at the highest levels of football. Arsenal is not.
how can i get through to these people? can they not understand the simplest of concepts? All i am saying is that wenger could have assured ozil that the future for arsenal is winning trophies. signing ozil, 45MILLION shows the intent if that doesn't what does? if we continue to make these signings we can challenge. sport said that there is no way we will continue making these signings? well how the hell can he say this when we have just spent 45million on ozil, that's a stupid comment.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 40 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 10 Sep 2013, 17:53

If Arsenal are now as financially stable as some suggest, this signing could signal a new era in English football..

Big club in the best city in the country (suck it Manchester :coffee:), if they consistently bring out the cheque book they can be very successful IMO
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 17:57

Blue Barrett wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Quite funny that some Madrid fans wanted Ozil to "stay and fight" in a fckin WC year Laughing

COME ON! Don't be that selfish.
Ozil was a starter since the start of preseason and only lack of tracking back prevented him from finishing games.  He would have been a starter now if he worked alittle harder defensively. Tbh he is not the only one Carlo has criticised or subbed due to lack of defending

Carlo has criticised Benzemas workrate and subbed out Marcelo twice in our last two games to chore up our defence

nobody has a guaranteed place in our team bar Ronaldo.   if you want it you gotta show that you that you do. you didn't see Muller leave Bayern when they got Gotze or Kroos when they got Thiago. these can also lose their place in the Germany team if they get benched. If you are quality you wont have a problem with this. but there are some who are not happy with competition. Gonalons is another example of this who didn't go to Arsenal because he couldn't handle competition

now I am not one of those who wil discredit everything Ozil did for us because he was very important in the last three years. one of the first ones on the team sheet but I don't think you can blame Perez or the club for this. obviously they could have done more to convince him to stay but they have made it clear that if someone wants to leave they will do everything to help them make the move. And its clear the he wasn't "pushed" out but left on his own accord
Its funny because if you weren't a Madrid fan, you would be saying the exact OPPOSITE.
I wouldn't even have cared if I weren't a Madrid fan Proud unless I was an Arsenal fan of course
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue 10 Sep 2013, 18:02

Swagg wrote:If Arsenal are now as financially stable as some suggest, this signing could signal a new era in English football..

Big club in the best city in the country (suck it Manchester :coffee:), if they consistently bring out the cheque book they can be very successful IMO
Thank you, GOD DAMN why is it so hard for other people to understand this? the signing is a statement of intent for more things to come, at least it should be and there is no reason why it shouldn't because we didnt have to spend 45 million on ozil if we just wanted to improve our squad to for 4th.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 10 Sep 2013, 18:02

I didn't say you will never make another signing like Ozil again.  I said it is very unreasonable to expect Wenger to consistently make these kinds of signings... forget the years of the stadium renovation.  Even before that, Wenger never did it.

In fact, this mercato was a complete disaster other than Ozil for Arsenal.

Nothing about the way Arsenal have done business this summer even remotely reminds me of Bayern.  Bayern don't take gambles.  

That said, i'm happy for arsenal.  Maybe this gives the club some much needed momentum to be more ambitious.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue 10 Sep 2013, 18:14

sportsczy wrote:I didn't say you will never make another signing like Ozil again.  I said it is very unreasonable to expect Wenger to consistently make these kinds of signings... forget the years of the stadium renovation.  Even before that, Wenger never did it.

In fact, this mercato was a complete disaster other than Ozil for Arsenal.

we dont need to consistently make these signings, we just need 1 or 2 more similar signings

that's because we couldn't, we didn't have the finances, why do you think arsenal moved to the emirates in the first place? Laughing, although in relative terms arsene did make that type of signing. we signing rayes for 17m which back then was a lot of money in the PL.

Overall yes it has been a disaster but not without showing intent!, we tried to sign the best, suarez,rooney, benz, gustavo etc, in the end we ended up with just 1 player in ozil, but the important thing is that we show'd the intent.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 10 Sep 2013, 18:33

To be fair though,there's a lot of competition in the PL.When i hear things such as Pellegrini 'promised' 60m warchest for just making the freaking knockouts,you just know the money power among other teams getting bigger ,not just City but also other teams like United who are apparently set to sign some record sponsorship deal,Chelsea will always be there and thereabouts who spend needlessly whenever they feel like.
To retain your best players and lure WC players frequently you need continued success,not just a success for one odd year and so on etc.
Lets wait and see if Arsenal can overcome the competition and make a strong push for trophies in the coming years.One 50m signing does show a lot of intent,yes money does not mean everything,but we have to take into account that the 3 teams above Arsenal have cemented top status for a good period with their financial might getting even bigger and its why its going to be a great challenge for Arsenal to return to glory  once again.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 10 Sep 2013, 19:31

SAF is gone, Mourinho's footy is shit on a stick, Pellegrini is a big club scrub.. If Arsenal come close to matching those clubs' financial packages, I think they could have an edge for the best players..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue 10 Sep 2013, 21:06

i agree with sports, i think a lot of arsenal fans look to this signing as a signal for a new era. i would like to think this as well, but i think its much more likely that wenger felt the pressure from the fans and saw this opportunity to bring in a WC player like ozil and took it. this doesnt necessarily mean more and more WC signings are bound to happen.

but you also have to keep in mind the amount of players wenger passed up, and the amount of positions wenger needs to fill. imo a GK and a ST are almost necessary, then theres the RB, CB and Defensive minded CM arsenal could use to get some depth and added strength.

Ozil is a massive start, but theres still a lot of work to do until arsenal can really compete for the title.. and arsenal shouldnt get their hopes up again.. well not ozil-level high hopes at least.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 21:09

All footy fans are fickle one way or the other don't see why madrid fans are worse than arsenal who loves doing 180's as well, also arsenal are pretty lucky to get ozil since it was last minute other wise he would've went to a bigger club, the club as whole was set on selling di maria.

Anyway no discredit to ozil for doing what he thought was right for his career, i think even if he was benched he would still start for NT just like any other high profile player so WC year is a bit of a excuse imo and Löw would tell him to move winter if it became a prob for NT before considering to drop him.

Can't blame madrid fans for thinking ozil could have at least tried to do the things asked of him by his coaches, instead sulking like he thinks he messi and cr, then left for arsenal dead line day come on that pretty much running away.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu 12 Sep 2013, 16:24

wenger: Ozil signing a statement of intent

"Of course [it’s a statement]," Wenger said. "We had to go through some years with restricted financial potential and the target was to stay in the Champions League during this period.

"We were able to do it and now we are strong financially. The best thing is to spend the money in an efficient way. That means to strengthen the team and spend money you can afford to spend."
backs up what I have been saying.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 12 Sep 2013, 17:59

coming from the same guy who said “This hopefully is the start of a shift in the balance of power.” after winning the 2002 league title..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 18:45

vanDEEZ wrote:coming from the same guy who said “This hopefully is the start of a shift in the balance of power.” after winning the 2002 league title..
What does that have to do with anything? He said "hopefully".. And seeing as how the invincables came just two years later I don't see how that he should have felt he didn't have the talent or capability to achieve that
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 12 Sep 2013, 18:48

vanDEEZ wrote:coming from the same guy who said “This hopefully is the start of a shift in the balance of power.” after winning the 2002 league title..
Roman bought Chelsea a year later.He probably dint see it coming when he said that.And he probably had a lesser say and influence over the club's finances than he has now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu 12 Sep 2013, 18:56

Mesut Ozil's father, Mustafa, has threatened legal action after claims in the Spanish press suggested the Germany international was distracted by off-field activities while at Real Madrid.

Earlier this week, ABC, a Spanish newspaper with ties to the Spanish club's president, Florentino Perez, reported that the Blancos chief believed Ozil "wasn't a good professional and was obsessed with women and nightlife".

But the Germany international's father has hit back at those allegations and says the discontent which has greeted the 24-year-old's sale has seen Perez turn the new Arsenal signing into a scapegoat.

"Just because a man earns a lot of money, doesn't mean he's a man of honour," Ozil's father is quoted as saying in Bild. "And Perez is no man of honour.

"Mesut is supposed to be the scapegoat now and I'm the greedy father. A put-up game. We will defend ourselves legally.

"If Mesut had an unprofessional life in Madrid, then why did he always play? They want to blame him now, because the fans and team-mates are angry."

Ozil, who scored or assisted 108 goals in 159 appearances for Madrid, secured a stunning deadline-day move to Arsenal for a fee of €50 million, much to the surprise of many of his former team-mates.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BigNewFan Thu 12 Sep 2013, 19:03

I had no idea that Ozil woud be starting this Saturday against Sunderland!

I thought the deal was for next year.

I'm glad to see Ozil on Arsenal because I like that team.

Also, I'm glad to see him with Podolski because I am a German National Team Fan, so seeing them together will be great.

Also, selfishly, I am so glad I can now root for Mesut! I hate Real Madrid and Ronaldo, so I couldn't really root for him. Well, hate is strong, but they are my villians.

Always have to have a villian in sport.

BigNewFan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 12 Sep 2013, 19:09

I misread Ozil's father's name as Mufasa and nearly shit bricks
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigNewFan Thu 12 Sep 2013, 19:42

Lex wrote:I misread Ozil's father's name as Mufasa and nearly shit bricks
Why? What would that have meant?

BigNewFan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:04

BigNewFan wrote:
Seriously? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BigNewFan Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:17

Blue Barrett wrote:
BigNewFan wrote:
Seriously? Laughing
Not trying to be weird or anything, but I truly don't know. Is it some kind of slang for something?

LOL. I just looked it up. From the Lion King? That is funny, if that's what you were referring to.

I will now use this space for a BPL Newbie's Team Picks:

Liverpool will be my team. I love the way they played against Man U. I like Sturridge a lot, and also got wrapped up in the series Being Liverpool. I like the coach. They seem psyched to really go far this season.

Although I like Chelsea, Arsenal, Aston Villa and a number of other teams, I'm going to have to go with Arsenal as my #2 team. The addition of Ozil is a plus for me.

My #3 team is...Cardiff City! I have to root for an underdog and I really like their story. Although I understand a lot of fans are upset at the team's color change.

Of course, I don't know all the history of these teams, and I may be coming across as a goofball. I wish I had a connection to England so I could really support ONE TEAM, you know?

My villians are Man U. and Tottenham and Real Madrid in La Liga. Bundesliga-- my team is Bayern Munich.

Ok everyone, make fun of this dumb American's picks! LOL

BigNewFan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:21

Dat fresh blood Proud

Just watch football and eventually you will begin to like a team. it will come naturally. Very Happy
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BigNewFan Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:27

REWB wrote:Dat fresh blood Proud

Just watch football and eventually you will begin to like a team. it will come naturally.  Very Happy
Yup. That's what I've been doing. I've caught a lot of matches and some replays on NBCLiveExtra. I'm psyched for this weekend!

An added plus is that I've been watching World Cup Qualifiers on the Watch ESPN App on AppleTV!

BigNewFan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40