Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

+54
RealGunner
Ion Creanga
Forza
InteristAli
Juveman17
baresi
la bestia negra
zizzle
Dante
Wilson37
SaintJoe
VanDeezNuts
Lupi
RED
McLewis
Uncanny
S
Kaladin
Vlad the Impaler
Ciprian
Hawky
CBarca
Doc
El Jefe
zigra
Highburied
Red Alert
ProXima
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
Luca
Suarez99
Blue Barrett
chinomaster182
TenMenWonTheLeague
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Pedram
serieAkings
Art Morte
Albiceleste
Lex
Helmer
B-Mac
jibers
Freeza
Abramovich
halamadrid2
rwo power
M99
Kick
aleumdance
The_Badger
AltoZ
58 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe? Empty Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

Post by AltoZ Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:53 am

Im not saying the teams from the country you come from, but the teams where your favorite team play in.

For example:

You are a Juve-fan. Do you support Milan/Inter/Napoli and the other Italian teams when they play in CL?

Or you are a Liverpool-fan. Do you support Chelsea/Arsenal/ManU in Europe when they play against Barcelona, Bayern or RM?

Or a Real Madrid-fan. Do you support all La Liga teams when they play, other than Barca maybe?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe? Empty Re: Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

Post by The_Badger Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:06 pm

No, the thought of supporting a club as abhorrent as Liverpool, or Chelsea simply because they're playing some club on the continent is not something I find myself doing.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe? Empty Re: Do you support teams from "your league" when they play in Europe?

Post by aleumdance Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:13 pm

I did not give a $hit about the Europa league untill Laudrup started caring about it.
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:16 pm

No, I support Chelsea and teams I like, Such as Schalke, Bayern or Atletico.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Generally, no.

If it's something like Man City vs Napoli or Fiorentina vs Chelsea, I'll definitely support the Italian clubs in this case since I dislike the other two teams. If it's something like Newcastle vs Roma, I'll be neutral. Inter or Juventus, no way in hell I'm ever supporting them unless it's something like Inter vs Barca and Milan might face the winner of this tie, then I'd want Inter to win since they would be weaker than Barca.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Well, I may like FC Basel, but that doesn't mean I have to diligently watch the other Swiss teams. Of course this is moot anyway as they usually drop out in the first round Razz

(That I watch all German teams does not need mentioning, but then, I'm German and that wasn't the thing the OP was interested in anyway.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:52 pm

yh generally. I support(or would like them to go far more like) any team in Spain not named FC Barcelona
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Hell no, it's funny here to see the gl mehdrid fans rooting for Barca in the CL for the sake of Spain though.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:05 pm

I haven't got a favourite team in Denmark, I watch the leauge and such, so of course I will support any of the teams in European tournament unless they meet Real or Swansea. Since the Danish league is the only one i consider "my league" i usually just support the teams with players I like, or teams I find enjoyable to watch
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Yes, but there are some exceptions(cska chav winning the cl before a great club like ours digusts me, wanted bayern to win)

Fact is the better a league does in europe overall it increases the value of your club. That's my motivation anyway.

Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Just Manchester United.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 pm

quite the opposite i find myself rooting against those teams so i can laugh at there expense.

except when spurs were in champs league few years ago, I was rooting for them.

Last edited by B-Mac on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I support all the German Teams when they play in europe as a I am liverpool supporter. But when two german teams play against each other in Europe, I support teams which are near to my home here like dortmund, schalke, bayer, 'gladbach...all NRW team Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:05 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I support all the German Teams when they play in europe as a I am liverpool supporter. But when two german teams play against each other in Europe, I support teams which are near to my home here like dortmund, schalke, bayer, 'gladbach...all NRW team Proud
How come you ended up supporting Liverpool if you're German and live in Germany?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

No no no no no no no no. Anyone who does is a bit thick
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I support Argentine teams in the Copa Libertadores, if that counts

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Italian fans: Yes
German fans: Yes
Spanish fans: Yes, apart from Real/Barca

English fans: NO!!!!
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:58 pm

To a certain point, yes.

As long as they don't win the damn thing, unless it's not one of the big teams, like when Fulham made the EL final.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by serieAkings Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:59 pm

As long as its not Milan or Juventus then they got my support. Seeing Udinese lose 3-1 in Europa league was upsetting.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:yh generally. I support(or would like them to go far more like) any team in Spain not named FC Barcelona
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:35 pm

lol EPL hates flows through to UCL..

I don't think i have openly supported an EPL side in UCL..

when Spurs played in it 10/11 season., I cheered when Madrid ramped them 4-0
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Depends on what teams are in, and I wouldn't say I support them but would watch their games.

I wouldn't watch newcastle or liverpools games.

I found my self wanting Chelsea to win the CL final a couple of seasons back, had Terry been playing though that wouldn't have been the case.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by TenMenWonTheLeague Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Yes, our coefficient needs any help it can get. There was one exception to this but I won't need to worry about that for a while.
TenMenWonTheLeague
TenMenWonTheLeague
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Yes, Serie A needs its 4th place back.

Although up to a certain point i can't "support" rube. I was relieved when bayern stomped them.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:42 pm

No. Except they're playing against Barca.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next