The Franchise
messixaviesta
billy_gr
62 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V4

Post by windkick Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:41 pm

The overhaul that was rumored to be happening last summer never happened. I would be ok with it happening this summer

Sell Pedro or Alexis (or both?) and replace with Kun or Reus.  
Bring in a defender or two and sell Song or Mascherano (one needs to back up Busquets)
New GK (Ter Stegen with Reina as back up seems likely)
bring in a Xavi back up.

We will have the cash to get it done, no excuses.Money from players leaving would be pretty good

JDS (Rafinha would likely replace his spot)
Tello (Deulofeu would likely replace his spot)
Pedro or Alexis?
Mascherano or Song?
Afellay
Bojan
Cuenca
Sergi? (Denis Suarez would likely replace his spot)

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:06 pm

I asked for kun a lot previously, but with Neymar here it makes no sense to sign him, plus city has never ever sold a player they want yo keep. Draxler, Reus or Suárez would be better choices.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Aguero and Barca denied reports of Aguero so lets forget that.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:08 am

Rosell and Zubizarreta have done more damage to Barcelona than anyone else in the past decade. Until they are at the helm of this club Barcelona will not grow.

They think being successful is easy just because they got a club that had won everything. Got a super team from the previous board and Barcelona's squad has got worse and worse every year since 2009. Apart from Neymar's signing I don't actually approve of any other transfers (and even then, €57 million is a hefty price paid for a player). Not saying Laporta and Txiki were masterminds, they had their share of failures with Chygrinskiys and Ibras but in every 2 signings they had 1 that would genuinely strengthen the squad.

I mean do you ever wonder what Zubi does every day? Does he have any scouts? What happened to those great finds like Abidal or Yaya? Why does he always go for blockbuster signings, over-paying for players who have been on form for a season? He sold Thiago and Abidal and signed Song and Alba. Can someone tell me how that's an improvement? There are a lot of underrated players even in La Liga that would improve this current Barça team, only if one opens his/her eyes.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:04 am

Perfectly put.

But im already passed the point of complaining about those in charge.

My beef now is with those few fans who deny that improvements can be made...based on what I dont know.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:57 am

Aguero isn't going to happen. City have no incentive to sell and he's been on fire, they won't sell him.

I agree with you Danyjr.

I'm still comfortable with keeping Tello as a supersub because I quite like him as an impact sub. If he's not going to play however, there isn't much sense in keeping him. As well, if he's concerned about playing more than just an impact sub, I would agree with selling him. Won't ever become more than that. Especially with Neymar on the LW, which is the only space he can effectively operate in.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:55 pm

danyjr wrote:Rosell and Zubizarreta have done more damage to Barcelona than anyone else in the past decade. Until they are at the helm of this club Barcelona will not grow.
Ehmm, I really wonder if you really lived in Barcelona and your father worked for the club as you claim. Leaving Gaspart out makes it look like you have no clue.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Laporta's first season in charge was during 2003-04 which is more than a decade ago.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:02 pm

danyjr wrote:Rosell and Zubizarreta have done more damage to Barcelona than anyone else in the past decade. Until they are at the helm of this club Barcelona will not grow.

They think being successful is easy just because they got a club that had won everything. Got a super team from the previous board and Barcelona's squad has got worse and worse every year since 2009. Apart from Neymar's signing I don't actually approve of any other transfers (and even then, €57 million is a hefty price paid for a player). Not saying Laporta and Txiki were masterminds, they had their share of failures with Chygrinskiys and Ibras but in every 2 signings they had 1 that would genuinely strengthen the squad.

I mean do you ever wonder what Zubi does every day? Does he have any scouts? What happened to those great finds like Abidal or Yaya? Why does he always go for blockbuster signings, over-paying for players who have been on form for a season? He sold Thiago and Abidal and signed Song and Alba. Can someone tell me how that's an improvement? There are a lot of underrated players even in La Liga that would improve this current Barça team, only if one opens his/her eyes.
Well summed up. I even forget about Alba ... 14m on him + 18m on Song = 32millions for nothing
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:13 pm

I think Mateo Musacchio should definitely be added to the list of CB targets - he was excellent against us.
Also, I was wondering about Vermaelen - I've seen he's barely played  for Arsenal this season. Maybe someone who watches them regularly can shed some light. He surely wants to play to have a chance of getting in the Belgium lineup
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Vermaelen is the Marmite of GL.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:56 pm

V wrote:I think Mateo Musacchio should definitely be added to the list of CB targets - he was excellent against us.
Also, I was wondering about Vermaelen - I've seen he's barely played  for Arsenal this season. Maybe someone who watches them regularly can shed some light. He surely wants to play to have a chance of getting in the Belgium lineup

Imagine a taller Mascherano, there u have Verm.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 11 Barca-Villarreal-Partido-16-jo_54395596852_54115221154_600_396

Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Probably a bullshit rumor wrote:According to Argentinian DirecTV Sports reporter Fabian Godoy, Gerardo Martino would resign as the FC Barcelona head coach in May of 2014. Godoy stated that Martino would leave Barcelona due to personal reasons, as he is uncomfortable in the head coach position.

This news comes as a complete surprise, given that Tata Martino has had a successful run with Barcelona this season, going as far as winning without the help of Lionel Messi, who has been injured for several week now. However, Barcelona has not looked as dynamic as it has in previous seasons.

Fabian Godoy stated in his Argentinian soccer show, Futbol Total, that a source close to Martino stated that he wants to leave Barcelona. The reasons being that Martino is always under intense pressure, he doesn’t have control of the locker room, and because major Barcelona stars are nearing the twilight of their careers.

Godoy is a distinguished Argentinian reported well known to be “in the know” of Argentinian soccer.

BOMBA: Fabian Godoy de Directv Sports acaba de confirmar que Gerardo Martino renuncia al Barcelona en mayo del 2014.

— Noticias de Fútbol (@Futbol_Todo) December 18, 2013
http://futnsoccer.com/2013/12/18/barcelona-gerardo-tata-martino-resign-2014/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:24 pm

whoa, hope this doesn't end too badly...(if this rumor is indeed true lol)
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:33 pm

danyjr wrote:Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 11 Barca-Villarreal-Partido-16-jo_54395596852_54115221154_600_396

Proud

ProudProudProud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Rosell: "Martino has already denied that he wants to leave in 2014. It seems we always have to declare our innocence and deny these stories that appear in the media, in this case in Argentina”

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/sandro-rosell-s-review-in-14-sentences
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Just idle speculation,but if Martino leaves,who should we look at as a replacement?I think Martino deserves a fair shot and should be given all support.But if he leaves,who then?

I am specifically interested by two EPL managers.Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers.Martinez has finally gotten a break with a good side and he has done an excellent job so far.I have watched Everton a fair bit this season because of Deulofeu and I have been extremely impressed by Everton's style of play.He has them playing good football and he has gotten results with it even against the big boys.While on Everton,I also wouldnt mind looking at Barkley for our midfield.Kid has impressed me everytime I have seen him play.He plays as an AM but I think could play midfield for us.Potentially a great player.

Also been impressed by Rodgers.Had an inconsistent first season at Liverpool.Tried to implement his possession football to mixed results.Learned on the job and has tweaked tactics.Has gotten Liverpool to first on the table right now and they have played some great football this season.Team is still inconsistent but still remarkable from BR getting them to first with that squad.There are a few grumbles from Liverpool supporters about some of his decisions but overall I think he has done an excellent job.

In all probability Tata will stay but I thought given the rumors worth some thought.Also realize there is no chance of us going for BR(or even getting him if we went for it) but Martinez is an interesting option.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:17 pm

And I hope against hope that Madrid dont sign Suarez.Its going to be a nightmare for us if they sign him.
Said all along that we should have signed him instead of Neymar and still think so.As good as Neymar has been for us,Suarez is in a different league altogether and a far superior player right now.
I never thought CR was even close to Messi but right now Suarez is in Messi's league.A peak Messi is still a better player but it is not by much.The quality of goals Suarez scores is just unbelievable. It seems every game he scores a great goal.Just unplayable right now and without a shadow of a doubt the best player in the world with Messi out injured.

If he does leave Liverpool,I sincerely hope its not to Madrid.Suarez going up against Pique and Masch is not going to be a pretty sight.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:21 pm

If martino leaves, IMO the main candidates should be De Boer and Valverde, although Martinez could be third choice. Brendan Rogers is fine but I rate him less than the other three.

Why Suarez instead of Neymar? We need a striker so this could be Suarez completing a dream forward line.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Valverde please.

Musacchio at fault for one of the Villareal goals today, btw.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:04 am

Koke was pretty bad in one of Levante's goals too. Just while we on the subject of players mentioned on here as targets.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:53 am

free_cat wrote:If martino leaves, IMO the main candidates should be De Boer and Valverde, although Martinez could be third choice. Brendan Rogers is fine but I rate him less than the other three.

Why Suarez instead of Neymar? We need a striker so this could be Suarez completing a dream forward line.

I dont watch Ajax a lot so cant comment on De Boer.Valverde is a great choice but I still would pick Martinez and Brendan Rodgers ahead of him.
Assuming Suarez is bought where does Messi play?He is not going to shift from the center to accommodate Suarez.Suarez is versatile enough to play on the right so it could work.Neymar on the left,Messi center and Suarez on the right.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:51 am

As you say and vs. park the bus, Suarez in the middle and Messi right.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:50 pm

alexjanosik wrote:And I hope against hope that Madrid dont sign Suarez.Its going to be a nightmare for us if they sign him.
Said all along that we should have signed him instead of Neymar and still think so.As good as Neymar has been for us,Suarez is in a different league altogether and a far superior player right now.
I never thought CR was even close to Messi but right now Suarez is in Messi's league.A peak Messi is still a better player but it is not by much.The quality of goals Suarez scores is just unbelievable. It seems every game he scores a great goal.Just unplayable right now and without a shadow of a doubt the best player in the world with Messi out injured.

If he does leave Liverpool,I sincerely hope its not to Madrid.Suarez going up against Pique and Masch is not going to be a pretty sight.

Lets not get carried away. Suarez is amazing without a doubt, but don't even try to compare the assists, chances created, and goals Messi has vs Suarez. Messi is in a league of his own. Suarez is in that level behind Messi, with the Ronaldos and Ibra's
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Barcelona has already been in contact and an initial agreement with Ter Stegen, although a deal still needs to be reached with Borussia Mönchengladbach. Despite this, the German club sees him joining Barça. At least, that is what Borussia's manager appeared to be saying when asked about Ter Stegen’s future. "We hope that he stays with us, but when a club like Barcelona comes for you, well… We have to be realistic, but remain hopeful," said Lucien Favre, the German club’s coach.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next