Jay29
JGUNZ
Chumlum
Amar
MJ
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Welcome Back to Arsenal, Mathieu Flamini - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome Back to Arsenal, Mathieu Flamini

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:19 pm

aleumdance wrote:anyone remember in 2007/08 season

when our mid was

hleb--cesc--flamini--eboue/rosicky

WE TORE UP THE EPL....

Not to mention Europe aswell. Arsene Wenger making 4-4-2 look sexy Proud those were the days.

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back to Arsenal, Mathieu Flamini - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome Back to Arsenal, Mathieu Flamini

Post by MJ Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:28 pm

But I do understand people who were upset. He verbally agreed to stay but left, he did the same exact thing to leave Marseille to join us lol
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:16 pm

boss, but tbh i think most people knew this would be a decent signing. tactical seria A doesn't suit him but in the epl he is boss. moreover at milan there was a subconscious expectation for him to be a more creative influence since milan desperately lack creative players in midfield, thus putting the spotlight on him whenever he mad an uninventive pass, at arsenal that is not a problem because we have so many creators, he can just focus on destroying. glad to have him back.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:17 pm

His tackle today was inch perfect, got the ball, with one foot, no studs showing, but somehow got a yellow :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 pm

What a performance, leadership, passion and spirit. Real character. As Wenger said "It was a no-brainer. I'm just sorry he didn't cost £25million."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:17 pm

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2013/matches/694930/player-stats/18155/OVERALL_04#tabs-wrapper-anchor

everything successful good job for his first game
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Let's be honest, he needs to stop "those" tackles. They'll cost us games and they could ruin someone's career. He's not a kid anymore and needs to control himself.

Anyway that tackle aside really good performance today, more the same please.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:45 pm

What are you talking about, he got the ball and kept his second foot back, I didn't see the foul tbh
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 pm

He jumped with both feet, that's a foul - doesn't matter if he got the ball or not. Could've been a red if he mistimed it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:59 pm

His knee was in it but his foot was held back, was a terrible call by the ref.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:59 pm

He got the ball, but both feet were off the ground and it was a bit of a lunge. The ref was right to call that as a foul, not too sure about the yellow though.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:15 am

personally my heart was in my mouth when he made that tackle, thought he was going to get red. Looked like a pretty mad and reckless lunge to me, 10 years ago fine, today? very risky, silly and unessesary. Getting the ball doesn't really count for much in these cases
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:27 am

I would have been more understanding of a foul because he was just a bit airborne but still, the tackle was precise imo and didn't deserve the negative reaction.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Welcome Back to Arsenal, Mathieu Flamini - Page 2 Ibcmb5Z3EG6VX2

Yellow card my ass
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 pm

ouch, Rose just got Scotty parker'd rofl 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Do we start a "Welcome Back to Arsenal, Nicklas Bendtner" thread.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm

yes, please The self conffesed greatest striker to have ever lived.

Welcome Back to Arsenal, Mathieu Flamini - Page 2 Bendtner-vs-ipswich-o

We can look forward to quality moments like these Proud 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 pm

6unner wrote:Do we start a "Welcome Back to Arsenal, Nicklas Bendtner" thread.
We might as well, did pretty good for Flamini. Laughing

I know Bendtner has been gone for a while and we all want him gone, but he was not that bad when he was playing for us. I think we can use him and maybe get a bigger fee later on.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Wenger:

“First of all I believe that he realised what he had here,” he told the club's official website. “When you're very young, it is difficult to understand what he had at Arsenal.

“He's got what is needed in every team. I wouldn't say we lacked that as much as people say but he is of course important for the balance of the team that we have players with his qualities.

“He is absolutely crucial to the balance of the team. He has done very well.

“He had not played since May and when you see how well he came in, it shows you how well, how focused and how dedicated he was in his preparation.

“I must say I was reluctant to sign him again but he was so honest in his statement that he wants to play the kind of football we play, that he wants to help us to win.

“He convinced me through his attitude and his desire in training that he will be the right signing for us.

“He could have gone somewhere else. He had offers but he wanted to put it right with this club and I think he felt somewhere that he had something to bring to the piece here. He was determined to do that.”

I can forgive him for his departure to Milan, if this is the case.

In any case, his departure was far, far less acrimonious than the retards we sold after that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:08 pm

I am not upset with this transfer. I thought i would be after being linked with Gustavo and Bender. But Flamini is not that bad and better than what we had/have in his position.

From what i have heard, he has been pretty good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:I am not upset with this transfer. I thought i would be after being linked with Gustavo and Bender. But Flamini is not that bad and better than what we had/have in his position.

From what i have heard, he has been pretty good.
Absolutely mate! He's been a real leader in that midfield. As I said, he's not let the absence of Arteta's leadership be a miss.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:58 pm

When he score 20 goals and saves us 1000 times, then I might forgive him.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 pm

I dunno about the 20 goals, but he's well on his way to those 1000 saves.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:10 pm

He was really bad tonight though got better in the 2nd half. Was all over the place with his positioning. Can't wait for Arteta to come back and that's not a diss on Flamini, he's just that good.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Physically Flamini took a big dive since last time, he's not an engine anymore, not that we need it since Ramsey and Jack now do the running. He will struggle against physical and pacy AM like Valuenba today, but that's when Ramsey and jack will help out.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Where's the 'Welcome back Realgunner' thread? :bow: :bow: :bow:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next