Onyx
Crimson
Mr Nick09
66 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Transfer Saga: Sami Khedira  - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Saga: Sami Khedira

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:09 am

yes it is, yet if you are about to lose a very talented player, it's your responsibility to see that he is paid.

let's be realistic for a moment here, is James anywhere as good as Di Maria? no he is not. the intelligent play here is to carry on with the better player. it makes little sense not to reward a player that directly influenced a champions league win, and then to go on to overpay for a young talent because he beat the likes of greece, ivory coast, japan and suarez-less uruguay.

So one showboated against tactically and technically mediocre teams, and the other helped you overcome some of the finest football machine out there.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Di Maria was great in the CL final, but James showed more greatness at the WC than Di Maria has in his entire life..

I'm not going to get into who's better and who's not since one is an AM and the other is a winger, but I think most people would rather have James
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:43 pm

yes, we will see how James performs in a more restricted role in madrid, without the freedom he has with monaco or colombia, having to worry about defending and protecting the other players because the team will sure not be built around covering his weaknesses. he will be the one that has to run around protecting benzema and Cristiano who dont defend much. We will see them how awesome he is at running back after the ball, how disciplined he is tactically, and how efficient he can be despite that.

This is where i know that you dont understand all the work di maria does off the ball. and despite that, he still has the stamina to be an offensive force.

and you compare the champions league with games vs the best teams in the world like bayern munich, barca or atletico, and the world cup with meh teams like ivory coast, japan, greece and suarez less uruguay.

the world cup really makes people lose all kind of objectivity doesnt it? Ozil has become the new Zidane yet? Podoski is not the new littbarski yet? oh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Nick why are you upset mate. If Di Maria leaves he leaves, we'll move on and we'll still be able to challenge for trophies.

Calma.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:yes, we will see how James performs in a more restricted role in madrid, without the freedom he has with monaco or colombia, having to worry about defending and protecting the other players because the team will sure not be built around covering his weaknesses. he will be the one that has to run around protecting benzema and Cristiano who dont defend much. We will see them how awesome he is at running back after the ball, how disciplined he is tactically, and how efficient he can be despite that.

This is where i know that you dont understand all the work di maria does off the ball. and despite that, he still has the stamina to be an offensive force.

and you compare the champions league with games vs the best teams in the world like bayern munich, barca or atletico, and the world cup with meh teams like ivory coast, japan, greece and suarez less uruguay.

the world cup really makes people lose all kind of objectivity doesnt it? Ozil has become the new Zidane yet? Podoski is not the new littbarski yet? oh

You're just comparing them based on which system they're in though (in this case ours).. Maybe Di Maria is better for us, I don't know but James looks to have the much higher ceiling and looks to be a generational talent.. I don't think anyone has ever said that about Di Maria

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:15 pm

i am upset because our balance now is great. we can build on it, as opposed to changing it. i dont like it at all, it's bad management. when you win something as important as the CL, you have to recognize what got you there. we are not doing that. i still hold hopes we offer a new deal to ADM
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:20 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
You're just comparing them based on which system they're in though (in this case ours).. Maybe Di Maria is better for us, I don't know but James looks to have the much higher ceiling and looks to be a generational talent.. I don't think anyone has ever said that about Di Maria

And here again about ceiling and talent. Do you have a ladder to see how high that ceiling is? do you throw rocks in the air and check which goes farther? please tell me how you find out.

generational talent? what's that? how do you find out? why isnt Muller a generational talent? whatever that is. and then you can tell me why Ozil is not the new Zidane yet, because i sure recall you were chanting that back then. you can also tell me why super talent pogba didnt destroy the world cup, or maybe he is not a super talent, i dont even know anymore.

maybe Di Maria is better for our system? maybe? you havent watched last season it seems. you might have missed that we won a CL, and in a final where Di Maria was man of the matvh, but it must be nothing. Since he is not a generational talent it doesnt matter.

This is where you lose me, we are actually winning trophies, with players reaching their prime, and you talk to me about "talent". respectfully, who gives a @#$&?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 pm

It's just 'the eye test'.. It's not like he's talent without substance, he was the best player on the biggest stage football has.. It has to mean something

Di Maria had a great final but how many times have Madrid fans cussed him out for losing possesion to easily, and not even being able to play a simple pass? I won't get fooled by 1 season..

And Ozil is still young, he can still get there :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i am upset because our balance now is great. we can build on it, as opposed to changing it. i dont like it at all, it's bad management. when you win something as important as the CL, you have to recognize what got you there. we are not doing that. i still hold hopes we offer a new deal to ADM

Again relax, the club will do what is best for the club at the end of the day.

We have no details on any of this so you can't judge what is bad management or good management with little information.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm

World cup means nothing. It's tactically much lower to club football. just like nick fapping to Sanchez for his Brazil game I find it funny people thinking James is the second coming of Messi based on his world cup performance.

If international performances are the standards then khedira and mash should be best players in both their clubs.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Khedira is though :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Adit wrote:World cup means nothing. It's tactically much lower to club football. just like nick fapping to Sanchez for his Brazil game I find it funny people thinking James is the second coming of Messi based on his world cup performance.

If international performances are the standards then khedira and mash should be best players in both their clubs.

Really depends on what team the given player plays for. And also if the clubs style suits the player. Some players fit their NT system better than their club's system, and vice versa.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 am

Big problem with Madrid is we're stuck with the "we need to improve" mentality that has followed us around ever since the 9th CL. We are constantly trying to restructure the team... Look outside the club for talented players that will quench the fans' thirst for stars. BUT, this summer, we come off the back of a relatively successful season, where our system worked, our players performed and there's still. Room for improvement. The squad itself is healthy and, sure it could use a few minor tweaks, but it should stay largely the same... We should spend our time renewing the contracts of players who want renewals and do warrant them (eg. Di Maria), then we should look at offloading deadweight players in the squad (Illara, Morata, Casemiro - all arguable) and making the right replacements to get the team into perfect shape (Kroos, maybe Griezmann and Veratti). But wholesale changes and spending huge sums of money, especially with the transfer market as inflated as it is, will only disrupt the team and force Ancelotti to tweak a system that worked well.
Also, transfers just don't work sometimes... James could play far worse than he did in the World Cup, he might get homesick or may encounter personal problems... But, by keeping the players we already have, these factors are unlikely to come into the equation...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:00 am

Adit wrote:World cup means nothing. It's tactically much lower to club football. just like nick fapping to Sanchez for his Brazil game I find it funny people thinking James is the second coming of Messi based on his world cup performance.

World cup means nothing, seriously? its the exact opposite of what your saying; players are playing in unfamiliar systems with people they rarely play with. its much harder...
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

World cup means nothing, seriously? its the exact opposite of what your saying; players are playing in unfamiliar systems with people they rarely play with. its much harder...

I agree with both of you- Mostly what Adit is saying and to your point Giggity it is more difficult because teams do not have the built chemistry that club teams do (apart from Spain 2008-2012). For this reason the threshold for individual standouts is a bit easier because they may not be in a club-level synced team but neither is the opponent (for the most part).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Sami Khedira will be confirmed as an Arsenal player tomorrow after agreeing a fee of €24m with Real Madrid. [Los Blancos]
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Think someone got that rumour from the Metro. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Saga over from Arsenal's point of view.

Most likely staying at Madrid now hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:Saga over from Arsenal's point of view.

Most likely staying at Madrid now hmm

Wenger.. you pos..

So, Khedira retiring at Madrid.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 pm

he needs to beg for a new contract first
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:01 pm

I think he'll get an extension tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 pm

yes, it's up to him. We made him an offer, but he decided to play the market to get big wages. failed Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:yes, it's up to him. We made him an offer, but he decided to play the market to get big wages. failed Laughing

There is nothing wrong with trying to get a better deal for yourself.

Sami's agent probably over played his hand though lol.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:37 am

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Khedira-vers-le-bayern/516806

According to TZ in Germany, Khedira has signed for Bayern...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:53 am

It was Cadena Ser who reported that and Bayern have categorically denied the rumours since then. Besides, just recently Carlo said that the club wants to keep him, the player himself wants to stay aswell according to Carlo and that they are working on a new contract.

Khedira's agent probably planted these rumours to force Real Madrid's hand.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Actually, EC, AS, Cadena Ser, etc. have all reported this week that Madrid has not offered and does not intend to offer a contract extension to Khedira... so there's no way he's staying.

The only thing i've heard Carlo say is that they wouldn't release him over the winter and intend to keep him until his contract is finished.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next