halamadrid2
Tomwin Lannister
Gil
110 posters

Page 28 of 39 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 39  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - Page 28 Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 08, 2014 6:21 pm

i cant compare because there is no player in a similar situation, being the CF and still playing for someone else. what example do u want me to use?

also, just as you accuse people of belittling him, you are belittling suarez in return. the way he has dominated the epl this year and dragged liverpool in the title race is remarkable. you cant shoot down another player in an argument to elevate the one you like.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i cant compare because there is no player in a similar situation, being the CF and still playing for someone else. what example do u want me to use?

also, just as you accuse people of belittling him, you are belittling suarez in return. the way he has dominated the epl this year and dragged liverpool in the title race is remarkable. you cant shoot down another player in an argument to elevate the one you like.

that the point you can't demand things from a player, when he is not in the position to do it anyway, why is that so hard to understand?

what suarez did was great no doubt about that, but isn't he placed in a environment where the team plays for him and he is doing more than expected, who plays for benzema consistently? the guy can't even get off 4 shots a game rofl, benzema of lyon was dominant why cause he was the primary goal scorer fact.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 08, 2014 6:44 pm

hmm i remember benzema getting chances after chances that others created for him in the clasico. he whiffed most of them.

benzema of lyon was a more mentally dominant player, as weird as it sounds given he was way younger. he was also much better physically back then, leaner, much much faster, and was consistently creating his own shot. he was just better in every way you can imagine, weird i know, i got weaker.

anyway, you are going too far into extremes as well. The team is doing a great job feeding benzema nowadays. The problem with him is, and has always been that off the ball his game isnt very accomplished. he is way more dominant when the ball is passed to his feet.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Benzema doesn't have the mentality to do what Suarez has done this season, and secondly he isn't a killer. He's more of an artist, and the link between midfield and attack. He is the perfect guy to play alongside Cristiano and Bale.

Suarez is the better player btw. IMO he has the ability to be the focal point and to play the secondary role. I would never build a team around Benzema. Consistency and confidence is what matters most for strikers. Benzema lacks both of them while Suarez is a bulldog.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:hmm i remember benzema getting chances after chances that others created for him in the clasico. he whiffed most of them.

benzema of lyon was a more mentally dominant player, as weird as it sounds given he was way younger. he was also much better physically back then, leaner, much much faster, and was consistently creating his own shot. he was just better in every way you can imagine, weird i know, i got weaker.

anyway, you are going too far into extremes as well. The team is doing a great job feeding benzema nowadays. The problem with him is, and has always been that off the ball his game isnt very accomplished. he is way more dominant when the ball is passed to his feet.

yes he whiffed most of them, now tell me a player that buries every clear chance? yeah i thought so doesn't exist next.

benzema of lyon was the primary goal scorer that it and he can still create his own shots even now if he wants, just not his job to do that since he is not the focal point

feeding him well nowadays? rofl wont even get into that

anyway you have proven my point he was a much better and dominant player as focal point, just like any other normal player shocker Laughing

val everybody know your a noob be quiet and worship cr in the corner, marcelo still better than coentrao cause he is a better dribbler?  Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 08, 2014 7:08 pm

chad4401 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:hmm i remember benzema getting chances after chances that others created for him in the clasico. he whiffed most of them.

yes he whiffed most of them, now tell me a player that buries every clear chance? yeah i thought so doesn't exist next.

benzema of lyon was the primary goal scorer that it and he can still create his own shots even now if he wants, just not his job to do that since he is not the focal point

feeding him well nowadays? 🤣wont even get into that

anyway you have proven my point he was a much better and dominant player as focal point, just like any other normal player shocker Laughing

val everybody know your a noob be quiet and worship cr in the corner, marcelo still better than coentrao cause he is a better dribbler?  Laughing

better worship cr than benz . a couple a good performances prove that coentrao si better than marcelo ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 08, 2014 7:08 pm

No i think he was the better player in his youth because physically he was much better.

Not sure he can create his own shot nowadays just as well, otherwise he would be scoring many mores.

The point about him being fed in the clasico wasnt an indictment on his ability to finish, just an indication that even in big games, he is being fed balls inside the box. Which leads to my point about the team still feeding him because naturally, by his position, he is at the end of a lot of moves we create.

he just isnt a great scorer at the end of the day, and it's ok. he does other things that are valuable, linking up with other guys. Suarez is better because he doesnt only score, he also feeds the other guys around him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 08, 2014 7:12 pm

If benzema was given that penalty which was a penalty,
this thread wouldn't of been bumped Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:No i think he was the better player in his youth because physically he was much better.

Not sure he can create his own shot nowadays just as well, otherwise he would be scoring many mores.

The point about him being fed in the clasico wasnt an indictment on his ability to finish, just an indication that even in big games, he is being fed balls inside the box. Which leads to my point about the team still feeding him because naturally, by his position, he is at the end of a lot of moves we create.

he just isnt a great scorer at the end of the day, and it's ok. he does other things that are valuable, linking up with other guys. Suarez is better because he doesnt only score, he also feeds the other guys around him.

meh i can't be bothered to dig up stats but im sure that if benzema takes twice the amount of shots he takes now or what is created for him, he would score just as much as anybody else just going by the numbers a lone, suarez shoots twice as much shots as benzema and im pretty sure he doesn't have twice the amount of goals and benzema has played more games as well, its has nothing to do with finishing ability, 1 is a focal point while the other is not.

how do you compare them so equally when they aren't even in the same situation? if benzema was focal point and was failing to deliver, whether i like him or not i would acknowledge that he is not at a certain level, but no one on this forum can show me a cf who is not a focal point, but performing and being just has dominant as the primary cf/goal scorer, its just not possible i know all of you rate ibra,rvp,costa,cavani and rooney  a head of benzema yet none of these player when placed in the position has secondary has played at the same level has primary, its just not possible no matter how you spin it nick.

this is the reason why i can't take half of you guys seriously cause we all know these things, but as long as its benzema its an excuse Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Its easier to GOAT against big teams when a team has to worry about more than just marking you. Same thing happened to Ibra at everywhere he played bar Barca.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri May 09, 2014 12:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Its easier to GOAT against big teams when a team has to worry about more than just marking you. Same thing happened to Ibra at everywhere he played bar Barca.

true
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Benzema wrote:"I work every day to play in Madrid. I have no special pressure, [Suarez] is a great player and has had a great season, but in football, you have to have several great seasons."
Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:21 am

lmao the irony
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:24 am

Suarez should be added to supplement the team. Benzema was already overplayed last season while Bale and Ronaldo were allowed to rest. Madrid have a potential 70+ game season next year. Benzema for me is a perfect fit for Madrid and is willing to sacrifice himself for the team. I'm not sure how another 9 will take to playing second fiddle to Bale and Calmanaldo.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:07 pm

I personally have no way to prove this but Suarez looks like a guy who only really cares about winning. I don't think he cares that much about being the main man. Could be wrong though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:20 pm

was just about to post something along the lines of what zealous just posted....true suarez scored tons of goals this year, but if one has followed the guy's career, he seems to prioritize winning more than anything else.....and that attitude, though very admirable, especially in today's footy has got him in trouble at times. its a quality i like though....if he does join, we'll need to have someone with some calming powers on the pitch to prevent pepe, ramos and suarez from doing something drastic
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Really???? You guys don't remember the hissy fit he threw when Cavani was playing CF for NT shortly after the 2010 WC? Cavani decided that playing on the wing for NT was fine and rendered the brief controversy moot.

Nevermind the biting (more than one time lol), diving and general douchebag behavior that has gone on for years.

Memories are very, very short it seems.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm not saying he's not a head case lol just saying he looks like a guy who only wants to win no matter what.

Plus if he came to Madrid he'd play in the middle anyway. eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Yeah but without the ball... that's my concern. Just as long as he doesn't bite one of his own teammates when he gets frustrated, i'm cool Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:30 pm

LOL eco smile

For the record I think Suarez is a fantastic player but I don't think we should sign him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Rumors out there that we're going to trigger the buyback on Joselu (14 mil) and make him the backup striker as Morata is going to get sent out. How has Joselu looked in Bundi??
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:57 pm

marca rumour, waste of time, they are linking us with ramires and verratti Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:20 pm

I think we want to do what we did with Negredo. Buy him back and sell him for more with a sell on fee.

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:22 pm

at least negredo was a proven striker in la liga and sevilla were already interested before we brought him back. who cares enough about Joselu that they will spend 15+ mil on him? his buy back is 14 mil, good luck making a profit on him.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:28 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:marca rumour, waste of time, they are linking us with ramires and verratti Laughing

Verratti is a possiblity.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:34 pm

no he is not lol
1) he doesnt fit
2) psg wont sell