+5
Forza
Eivindo
Rickinch
Dante
Regista
9 posters

Go down

Milan was lucky not to fall down... Empty Milan was lucky not to fall down...

Post by Regista Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:53 pm

When two of our best players left (Silva and Ibra), and the old guard retired or moved to other clubs, I thought that the club will get down to Leonardo's time or Ancelotti's last years. But, to my surprise that didnt happen.

With Ibra and Cassano leaving, we were to stay with permanently injured Pato and above average player-Robinho. Shaarawy's purchase really helped out. For 10 m, we got one of the most promising youngsters in the world, who contributed greatly. Balotelli came to fulfill Ibra's role, and so far he is brilliant. So, we solved our attack problems.

In the midfield, we were literally having no DMs. Old players gone, and what was left was Flamini, who isnt first team material. De Jong buy was really helpful. Top 10 DM, not old, and makes his work quite well. In the CM area, we didnt acquire world class regista, but got decent Montolivo, and now got Poli, who has very high potential, and already showing great game. Again, Milan got lucky here.

Our defence after Silva going to PSG, and Nesta leaving, was left shattered. It is not as great as it was in 2011, but it isnt half bad now. De Sciglio came like Saint. Since 2007, we havent got a decent LB. Think about it. 6 years with out even a decent LB. Cafu and Serginho retired, Jankulowski lost his form, and the team was having a run with mediocore LBs for so many years. Again, very lucky for Milan: its not easy to get a good LB on the market, and Milan didnt. De Sciglio came to save us from our own reserves. In the CB area Mexes and Sapata make an ok duo. Can improve from that of course.

To sum up, last summer we were on the verge of going deep down to really bad times, but the situation turned around in a good way. We have quite a young team, we cemented many problematic areas (DM, LB). You can say we ve become an Arsenal in a good way: little money to buy decent players, young players to take positions in the team and play well (Balo, Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Poli). If we get Honda+other players, we can get higher, to 2010-2012 level or better.

Regista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Milan was lucky not to fall down... Empty Re: Milan was lucky not to fall down...

Post by Dante Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Welcome.

I don't think it had anything to do with luck. If there was any , i'd say it was mostly bad luck , actualy. We struggled much in the first part during last season , but opponents always saw their chance and they took it. We still came on top of all that.

We have made a lot of progress , tis true , since Ibra and Silva signed for PSG. Yet it was down to very hard work and good planning , from everyone in the team , sorry but i don't see any luck involved.

We made important investments in Baloteli and in El Shaarawy , whilst Allegri was preparing De Sciglio since 2011-2012 , we bought De Jong and Montolivo for the midfield and the signing of Pazzini proved to be a great one.

Not sure why Milan was lucky "not to fall down" .. unless you actualy believed Milan was ever going to fall down , then what can i say. Thankfully you were mistaken Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan was lucky not to fall down... Empty Re: Milan was lucky not to fall down...

Post by Rickinch Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Like Dante said, not an issue of luck here, bar De Sciglio of course( which was an awesome revelation player), but it was more the work of Galliani and Allegri. Galliani has done well with our limited resources and has dem skillz for negotiating which are irreplaceable.
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:08 am

I want to see if Kaka can get us 5 k higher average attendance this season, if he can stay injury free and in form.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:52 am

I agree with the OP actually. Look at what happened to Inter. There's no reason why that couldn't have happened to us.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Forza wrote:I agree with the OP actually. Look at what happened to Inter. There's no reason why that couldn't have happened to us.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Galliani is an excellent poverty negotiator. Even, if he is prone to make the occasional bloody stupid buy like in the case of Matri.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Seriously now guys. You really believe the reason(s) we didn't end up like Inter where down to luck ?

Call me surprised. No , it wasn't down to luck. We invested in certain players and in Allegri and despite the added difficulties , it paid back. Can't see where the luck is , Ses saving our asses was a combination of planning , talent and Allegri's trust in him. Balotelli was an investment , we spent good cash to bring him here. Once again , planning , talent and Allegri's work , a combination which paid back. Where's the luck ?

We kept Allegri after the start of the season , when 9 out of 10 teams would have made the change. Paid back as well. Good planning , certain investments and much work are the reasons. De Sciglio was being groomed by Allegri since 2011-2012 , confirmed both by De Sciglio's appearances and DS words.

Inter obviously didn't play their cards so well , hence why the don't have to play mid week this season Laughing 

Always in football , always , there is a certain 'amount' of both bad & good luck ; yet luck doesn't define and determine one's final work. In any case , Inter didn't have the same issues to deal with as Milan. Different cases . Inter  on the field had and still has promise. Their management made mistakes though. I am not an expert , but when a club's management makes so many mistakes in a row , the team and the fans will pay for it.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Regista Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Yep, maybe "luck" not the best word. But there was an opportunity to turn to what is Inter now.

Regista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm

But we have been in their place , although admittedly , it wasn't this bad..

After the success of 2007 , we barely reinforced the squad , even though everybody knew we needed new players . Then shit begun to happen , Nesta was going to miss the whole season(there was talk even for retirement) , Maldini had some small period injuries as well and Kaladze , Favali and Oddo were always playing..Kalac ffsfosdjgfehutarhghghr ... Jankulovski was past it by then and on top of all that , Ancelotti played Emerson and Gilardino frequently and farted on young talent . Ronaldo played a few games , got injured again lol .. everything was so infuriating to witness that season .. lol

Kaka literaly dragged us on the field in 07-08 . Especialy after the CWC in December, we were so fagly to watch sometimes. If it wasn't for Pato to come in January and push us a bit , it would have been even worse .

All in all , we didn't make the CL and we were in a position of uncertainty with regards to where the club was going. Pretty much like Inter , though not as bad .

Like Milan , Inter took too long to change their squad and instead of bringing some younger players they kept on buying experience , again like we did . The occasional young talent was there for both sides , Pato , Abate -Balotelli -Santon , thought not nearly enough. On top of it all , after Mourinho , they kept changing coach after coach and those choices brought them further instability.

I can say , yes it could have happened like it happened for Inter , but Milan actualy did better choices , both in the market and on long term planning. The youth revolution actualy begun in late 2008-2009 , it's just , only recently we've begun to witness on the field results. The sales of Kaka , Ibra and Thiago Silva were major setbacks , but the money from these sales brought some safety and the departure of the old guard opened many doors for younger players.

Inter took their time , paid for it and now they are on the right track. It won't be long before they get strong again. They have a very good coach in Mazzari , many new faces and fewer and fewer old ones , they've been also trying to find stability financialy and even Moratti is bringing new investors into the club. Many and more is purely down to management ; no club ever saw progress with a management that kept making mistakes. Inter had players like Santon , Balotelli , Destro , Coutinho , had they been more wise with their decisions(Benitez for instance) and signings (such as Forlan and a few other past it cases) , they could be fkn our arses hard today lol

All in all , we've experienced what Inter has and is going through at the moment , though definitely not as hard as them. The fact that we brought in Ibrahimovic in 2011 , was a vital injection for us to stay on top , not to mention Silva became the best CB in the world next to Nesta. You could say the circumstances we bought Ibra were a bit lucky for us , because in any other scenario possible other than a rift with Guardiola , we wouldn't . At the end of the day , our journey so far has had difficult decisions and even more difficult tomorrows , but with a solid management and the right personel within the team , we came on top and we actualy have foundations that can last for years now.

But again , even for Inter , things aren't going to stay like that for long.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 pm

spent 10-15 minutes to answer

OP gets perma banned -vagi- 

i wonder who that was Laughing probably some already banned Inter fan Laughing  

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:08 am

lol
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 am

How did this guy get banned so quickly?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 am

must've been a multi
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 am

Dante Proud 

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Dante was deceived and is now suffering.

I know how that feels bro..
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Exactly like you put it mate .. I feel deceived . I'm suffering .

Wish he was still here , i have some fks to give and i don't know what to do anymore Sad 
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down