Spider
dmize
EL Patron
Ali
REWB
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

we only need two signings anyway so no worries Empty we only need two signings anyway so no worries

Post by REWB Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:04 pm

we need a dm cover and we need a CB, thats it really.

verm can cover for gibbs if he is injured so we are sorted at leftback.

up front we are sorted because i believe gervinho will help out people like chamakh a lot with his crossing.

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

we only need two signings anyway so no worries Empty Re: we only need two signings anyway so no worries

Post by Ali Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:09 pm

I really think people forgot about Chamakh...hes so great!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

we only need two signings anyway so no worries Empty Re: we only need two signings anyway so no worries

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Chamack is not sharp enough in front of goals and his heading ability is overrated.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:08 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Chamack is not sharp enough in front of goals and his heading ability is overrated.

he was scoring left and right before he got blackmailed and his heading ability is just as great as proclaimed.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:35 pm

this is what i think of arsenal... if clubs like mancity manutd chelsea barca eyeball ur players... arsenal should be doing the same...

i reckon that, the only way to convince nasri, or cesc or both of them to stay, is wenger go in market, and go and find some top notch players and prove nasri n cesc that they signed some quality players... and not just quality players but players with winnning mentality, someone who have won in the past. players like drogba, alex..

arsenal should sign drogba and alex... i still cant believe alex hasnt found his feet at chelsea, to remind everyone how awesome he is... just need to look just few years back and realize how beast he was for PSV...

drogba, guy is old but he has everything on him... even age hasnt slowed him down... and frankly arsenal shouldnt be shy and go get him.

as DM.... they definitely need someone physical.. mousa cissoko is perfect.

players like scott parker, drogba, alex, cissoko, eden hazard anyone or two of them.. would be perfect. first and foremost is that arsenal get a rock solid CB, and DM. whoever that maybe.

if cesc or nasri, either oor both of them goes... i cant imagine that fate of arsenal.. seriously.. not to mention... what will happen to van persie.. guy who just not few years ago before signing contract was hesitant to sign a new deal until arsenal proves they win something... pretty sure he is fed up too.

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:42 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Chamack is not sharp enough in front of goals and his heading ability is overrated.
i agree tbh, but what can we do about that
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:45 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

ditch chamack or making him backup player sell bendtner he has been complaining too much about no playing time ... get drogba...

since henry left.. arsenal has lost a great champion... drogba would easily and perfectly fill that role. chelsea wants to build their team around torres... so getting drogba is really ideal..

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:49 pm

JespSwe wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

ditch chamack or making him backup player sell bendtner he has been complaining too much about no playing time ... get drogba...

since henry left.. arsenal has lost a great champion... drogba would easily and perfectly fill that role. chelsea wants to build their team around torres... so getting drogba is really ideal..

hmmm it would go a along way to convincing nasri and cecs to stay, but the thing is can drogba play our game? is he a fast passer of the ball? i don't no about that tbh. he might look lost in our team. anyway we will never get him as he is too old for wenger unfortunately
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:53 pm

JespSwe wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

Chamakh already is our backup. And I don't think Drogba would leave Chelsea for anywhere except Marseille
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:53 pm

I agree he is not sharp enough in front of goal and his finishing is just awful , But His heading ability is overrated ??!!

No way man , try to watch his goals with Bordeaux and you will see for yourself

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:56 pm

I feel Chamakh should be given the benefit of the doubt, considering it was his first season in England. People quickly forget the first few months of his Arsenal career, where he scored a fair few goals.

All you need to do is restore his confidence and we'll have a good striker on our hands.

His heading ability is not over-rated. How can someone say it is when the guy rarely has any heading opportunities because of Arsenal's lacklustre crossing? The headers he's had have either gone in, hit the woodwork of have hit the target. Seriously, this guy is one of the best at using his head. Arsenal simply don't use that skill of his often enough.

While I don't doubt the quality of Dragba Arsenal simply shouldn't sign him. For starters, we have Chamakh as backup for van Persie. Secondly, he's 32 and while that may not have effected his quality too much, we're still only going to get one or two more years out of him. Thirdly, it's going to block the route of our younger strikers. Finally, his wages will simply be too high. Is it worth paying a 32 year old over £100,000 p/w when we don't actually need him?

Anyway, I do actually agree that we only need two more players at this point; a left back and a defensive midfielder. I think we're fine at centre back, since it's more of a broken system than a problem with the players we have there. Gibbs is injury prone and our backup here is poor, so we need to add some depth here. Defensive midfield is self explanatory.

As it is, Nasri is more than likely on his way out and if he does, we must replace him plus adding that left back and holding midfielder. However, limitations on funds will prevent us from making all three signigns, in all likelihood.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 pm

While I don't doubt the quality of Dragba Arsenal simply shouldn't sign him. For starters, we have Chamakh as backup for van Persie. Secondly, he's 32 and while that may not have effected his quality too much, we're still only going to get one or two more years out of him. Thirdly, it's going to block the route of our younger strikers. Finally, his wages will simply be too high. Is it worth paying a 32 year old over £100,000 p/w when we don't actually need him?

Anyway, I do actually agree that we only need two more players at this point; a left back and a defensive midfielder. I think we're fine at centre back, since it's more of a broken system than a problem with the players we have there. Gibbs is injury prone and our backup here is poor, so we need to add some depth here. Defensive midfield is self explanatory.

As it is, Nasri is more than likely on his way out and if he does, we must replace him plus adding that left back and holding midfielder. However, limitations on funds will prevent us from making all three signigns, in all likelihood. [/quote]

who knows man.. but ya i mean his allegiance to chelsea might make impossible to get.. plus i think u made good point about his wage demands too, and wenger's policy of not having older players...

are u guys...linked with benzema???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:02 pm

dmize wrote:
JespSwe wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

Chamakh already is our backup. And I don't think Drogba would leave Chelsea for anywhere except Marseille

true.. yeah. .. i also doubt he would simply abandon his allegiance towards chelsea that easily to join arsenal.

any chance that benzema might go to arsenal... actually he has been more likened by fergie than wenger but.. just asking...

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:04 pm

JespSwe wrote:

As it is, Nasri is more than likely on his way out and if he does, we must replace him plus adding that left back and holding midfielder. However, limitations on funds will prevent us from making all three signigns, in all likelihood.

who knows man.. but ya i mean his allegiance to chelsea might make impossible to get.. plus i think u made good point about his wage demands too, and wenger's policy of not having older players...

are u guys...linked with benzema???[/quote]

after Wenger's comments today i highly doubt we will get benzema...infact even if wenger wanted to get him i dont think we would have any chance. madrid still want him i think
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:09 pm

We can't afford Benzema at the moment. £27,000,000 fee with over £100,000 p/w wages is way beyond our current budget which is below £20,000,000 now with the signing of Gervinho.

Ignoring the fact that Madrid want to keep him for a moment, we'd have to sell to raise the funds and even then, we'd only just have enough to buy him and leave hardly anything left to strengthen other areas.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:13 pm

loool when ever i see a club like sunderland spend 50million and then compare it to us that is struggling to pay 20million+ it mind boggles me lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:17 pm

As far as I know, when Quinn took over as chairman he injected quite a bit of cash for transfers. Plus Sunderland are actually quite wealthy, since the Stadium of Light is a 40,000+ seater stadium that gets filled out for every home game.

We're totally self-sustaining and only spend what we earn, hence why are budget is quite low for a club of our stature.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:41 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:loool when ever i see a club like sunderland spend 50million and then compare it to us that is struggling to pay 20million+ it mind boggles me lol

Sunderland sold Bent and Henderson for a combined fee of 34 mil.So its natural they are spending nearly hugely so far this summer.Also they dont pay high wages likes Arsenal.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 am

arsenal CAN buy benzema they have the funds too. but since alot of emphasis is placed on sustainability few supporters would want him to come but these supporters should also consider that if arsenal manage to win the title and other cups. the prize money they can get will directly offset the amount they have spent. United did this season. Barcelona do it also.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am

Spider wrote:
I agree he is not sharp enough in front of goal and his finishing is just awful , But His heading ability is overrated ??!!

No way man , try to watch his goals with Bordeaux and you will see for yourself

He is decent in the air but to say that he is great is a bit stupid, I watched him closely last season, he is too weak and he got totally dominated in the air by some centre halves.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

I wouldn't say he's "weak" in the air. It's more a confidence thing. He kept getting better and better the more he played, and as stated, it's only his first season in the PL. Physically most guys take a while to get settles due to physical style of play. After his scandal or whatever, he was shit, but new seasons are great for morale. Let's hope he keeps expectations.

Oh, and we need a LB! Gibbs isn't bad, but he's just a kid and is injury prone. Injuries have been one of the mayor factors of us frakking up in most seasons. I can just imagine Gibbs going out as usual, then Vermaelen getting a knock and there goes our LB spot. Traore is not Arsenal level, IMO. He was pretty embarassing at Juve and I did not see any progress.

Also, Gibbs isn't hot defensively and our left flank was already weak enough with Clichy, I can't imagine with Gibbs. If we don't get a LB it will be Just Another Arsenal Season. Crying or Very sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 am

chamack was actually trying to fit into arsenal passing style this require practice and time. although his strength is heading and upper body, what actually impresses me about him is way the used his intelligence to win all those little penalty kicks and freekicks. he didnt score alot of goals but what he did for the team is better. he is team player.
he loves arsenal style and thats why he joined arsenal. it was easy spot him trying to link a perfect passing move.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:00 pm

JespSwe wrote:
true.. yeah. .. i also doubt he would simply abandon his allegiance towards chelsea that easily to join arsenal.

any chance that benzema might go to arsenal... actually he has been more likened by fergie than wenger but.. just asking...
Drogba likes Arsenal and says he used to support them. I don't think he'd be totally against the idea...still, I don't think us going in for him would be the best choice at this moment.

Personally I just think we need a CB. We can either move Vermaelen out to LB, rely on Gibbs, or play with 3 CBs and 2 wing-backs (Sagna and Gibbs/Eboue). Okay, maybe just buying a LB would be the easier decision, but there aren't that many good LBs out there, we haven't been linked with many, and Wenger doesn't want to sign one - so hoping for a LB is a little bit unrealistic.

Also, maybe we do need DM cover, but I don't think we should expect any signings there with Frimpong and Coquelin lying around. If we buy DM cover I will be happy, but I don't expect it and we might not need it.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:23 pm

usman111 wrote:chamack was actually trying to fit into arsenal passing style this require practice and time. although his strength is heading and upper body, what actually impresses me about him is way the used his intelligence to win all those little penalty kicks and freekicks. he didnt score alot of goals but what he did for the team is better. he is team player.
he loves arsenal style and thats why he joined arsenal. it was easy spot him trying to link a perfect passing move.
That's true. How many penalties did he win us? He did score decently for the time he played. He was never a great goalscorer, not even in Bordeaux. He's a pain in the ass to mark, which is why Nasri and Walcott were on fire with him playing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 pm

I think you guys need to realize theres more to heading than just heading it in the net. He won a lot of knock downs for us which allowed us to push up on the other teams defense better. but he also won headers in our own box which helped a lot in the first half of the season. But we should aslo look at the delivery of the crosses. When you have wingers and full backs that couldnt cross to save there lives its gonna be tough scoring with your head.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next