Onyx
FalcaoPunch
sportsczy
Jack Daniels
jibers
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ozil: I suffered at Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Ozil: I suffered at Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:32 pm

Di Maria has won the whole coaching staff over with his attitude and spirit.

also, this notion of bench or no bench means nothing. In big teams, you have about 14-15 guys that can start, top players, and those are the guys that will see most of the minutes thanks to rotation. Di Maria is among those names. If we have a midfielder or forward injured or suspended, Di Maria can slot in the starting xi easily

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Ozil: I suffered at Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Ozil: I suffered at Real Madrid

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:33 pm

i dont expect him to start over bale or maybe even isco (at least right away), but he will see plenty of time on the field for sure

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Well he should of considered it, since Ozil is more effective when he's playing through the middle. Plus he's played the formation before at previous clubs, so it wouldn't have been something new.

Maybe Isco could've played as a RCM/RAM, just to occasionally provide width on the right. Kinda like he's doing right now as a LCM/LAM.

----------DM
------Isco----Modric
-----------Ozil
-------CF----------Ronaldo

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Albiceleste wrote:i dont expect him to start over bale or maybe even isco (at least right away), but he will see plenty of time on the field for sure
Yeah not doubt about that. He will be first option off the bench if things get tough. Such a direct player will be very useful.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Di Maria had a poor season last year, so he's no longer a starter. Isco's taken his starting spot. I don't think he'll get as many minutes as previous seasons. However he's definitely the main attacking sub.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Well he should of considered it, since Ozil is more effective when he's playing through the middle. Plus he's played the formation before at previous clubs, so it wouldn't have been something new.

Maybe Isco could've played as a RCM/RAM, just to occasionally provide width on the right. Kinda like he's doing right now as a LCM/LAM.

----------DM
------Isco----Modric
-----------Ozil
-------CF----------Ronaldo

carlo's formation is designed so that he has someone helping out the wingbacks on both side in positional defense. How is that achieved with that formation you posted? and ozil is a player that shows a clear unwillingness to help out in defense consistently. Carlo is thinking about defense and balancing out the team first, not about where Ozil must play. the only one that benefits from that is CR.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:45 pm

Ozil would still track back on one of the wings, with Isco on the other. I'm sure Ozil wouldn't be too unhappy tracking knowing he's playing in the middle. It's only when he's playing out wide and having to defend, something he's not used and isn't the best at.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:51 pm

he tracked back so well that Carlo criticized him on the first game of the season about it. Second game, didnt improve and was subbed at the 60th minute, 3rd bench to teach him the lesson... carlo is meaner than mou Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:56 am

We didn't pay almost 100 million for Bale to put him on the bench.

Di Maria has impressed and rightfully so. He's shut me up and almost put the worries and concerns I had about him at rest. Only time will tell but like Nick said, he is one of those players that will just slot in our starting XI when needed very easily.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 am

Madrid fans Proud

Paying 100m for a Bench player just to keep Ozil Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:53 am

As i said in other thread we are pathetic.

we sold a player who did a lot for us and is the best no 10 in the world.

i remember when we sold Robben and Sneijder people said it is justified cuz we got Ronaldo and kaka etc etc...

the reality is selling Ozil was a big mistake and Perez is responsible for it nobody else. we all know how he is.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 am

mt who would u prefer performing to his best, ozil or ronaldo ?
giving a cam for ozil meant cf for ronaldo ...whr cr didnt have the same impact
ronaldo on left meant ozil on right...whr ozil didnot hav the same impact
who do u choose performing to the best of their ability ?
(and its a big plus for madrid that the 4 2 3 1 is done with !!!)
phenom
phenom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:23 am

From what I've seen so far everyone except Ronaldo (and Bale once he settles in) has a sure place in the first team. So di Maria, Benzema, Isco, Illarramendi etc. will get similar playing time in the beginning until Ancelotti and his coaching team know the team better and decide their first team for big matches.

Özil probably cba and I don't blame him, he'll be a starter every time he's fit and will be better prepared for the World Cup (and is better paid aswell Wink).

On the other hand Real Madrid recovered some of the money spent on Bale. There should be no hard feelings.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Carlo Ancelotti wrote:Many people have spoken about this, and I want to do it as well. He said that he lacked the confidence, but we played three games and he started two of them. Maybe he saw he was going to have competition and he asked for a way out. The club received a good offer for him and now everybody involved is happier. We [the coaching staff] decided that it was OK for him to leave.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:20 pm

phenom wrote:mt who would u prefer performing to his best, ozil or ronaldo ?
giving a cam for ozil meant cf for ronaldo ...whr cr didnt have the same impact
ronaldo on left meant ozil on right...whr ozil didnot hav the same impact
who do u choose performing to the best of their ability ?
(and its a big plus for madrid that the 4 2 3 1 is done with !!!)
Ronaldo would still be able to play like he is now, that left sided attacking position.

-----Ronaldo---------Benzema
----------------------- Ozil
------------------Modric----Isco

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Signing Bale was unnecessary. Ozil's better than Bale.

Ancelotti wants to play Bale on the right apparently, it'll be interesting to see how he does there.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Carlo Ancelotti wrote:Many people have spoken about this, and I want to do it as well. He said that he lacked the confidence, but we played three games and he started two of them. Maybe he saw he was going to have competition and he asked for a way out. The club received a good offer for him and now everybody involved is happier. We [the coaching staff] decided that it was OK for him to leave.
More like, Özil didn't want to play part-time role like Di Maria with Bale's arrival. Di Maria is a fighter all and good but he won't start unless one of the Bale, CR7 or Benzema are injured no matter how well he performs. I'm not even sure whether Bale is an upgrade over Di Maria. Time will tell, also Di Maria might leave next summer. There'll be BS talk about not wanting to fight and being a coward again Laughing
Seriously, how naive can one be. You don't buy someone for 100m € to bench him. If you guys really think Özil would've started over Bale you need help :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:44 pm

He was also competing with Isco too... nothing in terms of creative mids was set in stone. Heck, Modric was also penciled in.

Fact is that Isco and Modric were outplaying Ozil.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Ozil is world class, but not for the EPL. I think that Ozil and Arsenal have made a big mistake unless they both realize that 90 minutes are too much for the way he plays and his stamina. He had stamina issues in La Liga where the game is based more on skill and tactics. Then during ramadan Ozil fasts and is even somewhat weaker.

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Ramadan is already over dude. It was during the summer this year. And there are plenty of Muslim athletes out there and they have no problems with it...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ramadan is already over dude.  It was during the summer this year.  And there are plenty of Muslim athletes out there and they have no problems with it...
In any case, most Real supporters I know, and it seems Mou and Carlo de facto, thought of him as a 70 minute a game player, excellent no doubt in those 70 minutes, but prone to mistakes in the last 20.

Maybe fasting has no effect on performance as you say, but I don't know one way or the other.

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Mourinho played Ozil full game in nearly all big games, except for their first season. Ozil actually returned the favor & proven to be rather decisive in many of those games.

During pre season Ancelotti also played Ozil full game in 2 of the biggest games of pre season which I'm sure Ancelotti wanted to win it (vs PSG and Chelsea), Ozil was great vs PSG and good vs Chelsea, certainly not showing any indication that he wasn't fit in the new formation.

The way Ancelotti later insulted Ozil in 2 official matches by pulling him out at 60 despite having a good game and later not playing him at all after just 2 days before Ozil declared his optimism about the new system & commitment to stay was imo looked like kind of being staged for the purpose of the transfer.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Babun wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
More like, Özil didn't want to play part-time role like Di Maria with Bale's arrival. Di Maria is a fighter all and good but he won't start unless one of the Bale, CR7 or Benzema are injured no matter how well he performs. I'm not even sure whether Bale is an upgrade over Di Maria. Time will tell, also Di Maria might leave next summer. There'll be BS talk about not wanting to fight and being a coward again Laughing
Seriously, how naive can one be. You don't buy someone for 100m € to bench him. If you guys really think Özil would've started over Bale you need help :coffee:
You mean the same way Di Maria benched Ozil in the 3rd game this season? oh...

there wont be any BS talk about Di Maria, ever, i can guarantee you that. When it was time to put up he did.

what's to say Ozil wouldnt have started up front with CR? Carlo is perfectly capable of playing 442 as he did with PSG, and that's actually one of his favorite formations. we also played a lot of 4222/442 so far this season, but no, Ozil had to go so we will never know... he ran away, zidane and carlo put it well. all that talk about respect and trust, was greed and fear.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Signing Bale was unnecessary. Ozil's better than Bale.

Ancelotti wants to play Bale on the right apparently, it'll be interesting to see how he does there.
ozil is not better than bale

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:43 pm

cyberman wrote:

the only thing bale has on Ozil is shooting from long distance, stamina, and speed.
Madrid gave up their best supporter for a bad mans Ronaldo.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Donuts wrote:
cyberman wrote:

the only thing bale has on Ozil is shooting from long distance, stamina, and speed.
Madrid gave up their best supporter for a bad mans Ronaldo.
Goals win games. Ozil for all his ability is not a game changer, Bale is. When Ronaldo flops, Madrid are useless. Bale gives them another match winning option.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum