RealGunner
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
Wilson37
Jay29
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Olympique de Marseille 1 - 2 Arsenal: Perfect start to a tough group - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympique de Marseille 1 - 2 Arsenal: Perfect start to a tough group

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:47 am

Nice work as always Jay.

Another game, another win. 6 in a row. Some say we haven't played the other members of the top 4 but Spurs (h), Fenerbahce (a), Marseille (a), Sunderland (a), Fulham (a) not exactly easy games. To win all of them with our current injury list should be applauded.

Delighted for Ramsey, who made it 6 goals in 7 games which is incredible, and Walcott, who finally notched his first goal of the campaign. Hopefully he can go on to score 22 like last season. Though there were some defensive slips (Per/Szczesny comes to mind), we were solid overall again and the team spirit is fantastic.

Ozil & Wilshere weren't as effective as they were against Sunderland but they showed class at certain moments. Special shout out to Gibbs, who's sensational form continues.

Szczesny 7; Sagna 6.5 Mertesacker 6.5 Koscielny 6.5 Gibbs 8; Flamini 6.5 Ramsey 7; Walcott 7 Ozil 6.5 Wilshere 6.5; Giroud 6.5

Let's hope we can get a few players back in the coming weeks. Arteta & Podolski are closest I think.

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Olympique de Marseille 1 - 2 Arsenal: Perfect start to a tough group - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympique de Marseille 1 - 2 Arsenal: Perfect start to a tough group

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:55 pm

What about it. 10 consecutive wins away from home. Fecking amazing :bow:

Right after the transfer window/during the international break I looked at our fixture list and easily reasoned with myself that if we win our next two games, (Sunderland away and Marseille away) we would be brimming with confidence and be on a roll and we will go on and win our next few games without a hassle.

That's what I thought at that time, I'm a little bit skeptical now because of the small proportion of our squad that are fit.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:57 pm

I agree with Sam's ratings, Gibbs was the best player out there last night. His coming into his own atm and an important player to the team.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnergo Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Didnt see the whole game as i had a bad link , but from what i did see we were not good first half . Second half we improved as did my link lol  .
We need the points there and we got them nothing else matters regarding how we played and its correct that we did well once we went a head . Go gunners :-)
Gunnergo
Gunnergo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 am

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum