Your opinion on Ogbonna?

+3
DeviAngel
salmano9
juvealbanian
7 posters

Go down

Your opinion on Ogbonna? Empty Your opinion on Ogbonna?

Post by juvealbanian Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 pm

What's your opinion on Ogbonna?Do you think he is solid enough to play against big teams like R.M.Do you see him on the same level as B.B.C or he has lot to improve?

Personaly I think he has enough potential,but it's not on same level as B.B.C
Sometimes he is to shaky and that may cost us if we have to play him against big teams on CL (if any of B.B.C is injured)
I think he fits better Bonnucci's swepper role because he does have some good passes but he is not Chiellini type of player.He doesn't tackle well and doesn't use his body against opponents,has to improve in this aspect.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on Ogbonna? Empty Re: Your opinion on Ogbonna?

Post by salmano9 Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Its good that you brought this topic mate. I realized that Ogbonna is too shaky as well. He reminded me of the 2009-2011 Juve defence today... The opponents can easily past through him and he is very error prone.
Meh... He can learn i guess Smile
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 am

Everyone seem to forget the first 2 years when Bonucci came. Conte made him into the player he is today same is with Ogbonna tbh I see him more as Chiello's replacement than as Bonucci. Today he didn't make the mistake for the first goal, Buffon did he rushed to pass the ball and he just threw it without thinking even Conte was angry at him at the press conference. Give the kid a lone and give him a chance he deserves it.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:27 am

DeviAngel wrote:Everyone seem to forget the first 2 years when Bonucci came. Conte made him into the player he is today same is with Ogbonna tbh I see him more as Chiello's replacement than as Bonucci. Today he didn't make the mistake for the first goal, Buffon did he rushed to pass the ball and he just threw it without thinking even Conte was angry at him at the press conference. Give the kid a lone and give him a chance he deserves it.

Agreed 100%. Bonucci was struggling big time before Conte arrived. In 2 years Conte has turned him into a world class sweeper. Ogbonna is still learning the game. Give him 2 years under Conte and he will turn into a top central defender.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:20 am

You said he needs time,yeah i remember Bonnucci first seasons and Ogbonna has potential to be world class but before that happens you both agree that if we have to play him against R.M , BM etc our defense would be more fragile.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:50 pm

I'd like to see him play a position in defense consistently. Conte keeps moving him around among the back three positions. I think that even Barzagli, Chiellini, and Bonucci would struggle if they weren't set in their positions. Plus, like Devi said, the learning curve for defenders is very high especially when you're talking about learning the tactics of a three man defense with two fullbacks. He'll learn. I like what i see so far.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:18 pm

salmano9 wrote:Its good that you brought this topic mate. I realized that Ogbonna is too shaky as well. He reminded me of the 2009-2011 Juve defence today... The opponents can easily past through him and he is very error prone.
Meh... He can learn i guess Smile
spot on...the boys gonna be good, he just needs more playing time. he's new to the 3man defense, and honestly I don't know why he wasn't on the left instead of the middle.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Juventude wrote:I'd like to see him play a position in defense consistently.  Conte keeps moving him around among the back three positions.  I think that even Barzagli, Chiellini, and Bonucci would struggle if they weren't set in their positions.  Plus, like Devi said, the learning curve for defenders is very high especially when you're talking about learning the tactics of a three man defense with two fullbacks.  He'll learn.  I like what i see so far.  
He's a sub so he's gonna play in the position he's subbing for. Yesterday he subbed for Bonucci so he played the sweeper role. If he had played on the left then Chiellini would have had to move to the middle and be out of position. Caceras is hurt as well so Ogbonna is our only sub at the moment.

I think his best position is Chiellini's position. So unless Chiellini is sold Ogbonna will always play out of position unless he's subbing for Chiellini or we switch to a 4 man back line.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:01 pm

juvealbanian wrote:You said he needs time,yeah i remember Bonnucci first seasons and Ogbonna has potential to be world class but before that happens you both agree that if we have to play him against R.M , BM etc our defense would be more fragile.
Ogbonna won't be playing in CL unless there is an injury to our starting 3. He is a sub and will play in Serie A and Coppa Italia games unless an injury occurs.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:50 pm

I am actually really impressed by him...
Yes he is shaky....but he is coming into a big team in a whole new set up & he looks comfortable....
He can & will improve...but he isn't bad at all...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:28 am

True.... we shluld just wait n seec:)
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:01 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Juventude wrote:I'd like to see him play a position in defense consistently.  Conte keeps moving him around among the back three positions.  I think that even Barzagli, Chiellini, and Bonucci would struggle if they weren't set in their positions.  Plus, like Devi said, the learning curve for defenders is very high especially when you're talking about learning the tactics of a three man defense with two fullbacks.  He'll learn.  I like what i see so far.  
He's a sub so he's gonna play in the position he's subbing for. Yesterday he subbed for Bonucci so he played the sweeper role. If he had played on the left then Chiellini would have had to move to the middle and be out of position. Caceras is hurt as well so Ogbonna is our only sub at the moment.

I think his best position is Chiellini's position. So unless Chiellini is sold Ogbonna will always play out of position unless he's subbing for Chiellini or we switch to a 4 man back line.
I understand and agree that he has been used as a sub for multiple players. My point is that it's difficult to judge him without him getting a chance to settle into a set position. Also, he is coming into a new system.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down