Verratti: 'Why I turned down Juve'

3 posters

Go down

Verratti: 'Why I turned down Juve' Empty Verratti: 'Why I turned down Juve'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Marco Verratti reveals he was “close to joining Juventus, but I wanted to play and not be a reserve” so he opted to join PSG.

The 20-year-old midfielder is already a full Italy international and spoke to Radio Deejay in Italy.

“There are more experienced players at PSG who almost act as my teachers. We are a good group, both on and off the field.

“I have a new tactical position now that lets me push forward more and see the goal consistently. I received far too many yellow cards last season, but I have calmed down and learn to control myself.”

Verratti was asked which of his teammates scored higher on the ‘crazy scale’ – Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Italy’s Mario Balotelli.

“Neither of them are crazy, they just have strong personalities and are two big characters. Do I really have to choose one who is crazier? Balotelli.”

Verratti shot to fame under Zdenek Zeman at Pescara, but moved to Paris Saint-Germain before even making a Serie A debut.

“I owe a lot to Zeman because he was so good at teaching me how to move and pass. If I were to return to Italy, I’d love it to be at Pescara, because it’s my hometown club and the side I support.

“It’s true I was very close to joining Juventus, but I wanted to play and not be a reserve. At that point I decided to stay at Pescara, but then PSG came and promised me an important role within the team, so I agreed a move to France.”

He is often nicknamed ‘the new Andrea Pirlo’ and is looking forward to the 2014 World Cup.

“A side like Italy should target going all the way, but we know this is a very complicated competition.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Verratti: 'Why I turned down Juve' Empty Re: Verratti: 'Why I turned down Juve'

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Jojo and Verratti both claiming to have 'snubbed' us ffs rofl

Erm... no I think the fact that we weren't willing to pay the prices was the deciding factor.

I know players are just wanting to suck up to the fans and all that but ffs...

BOOOOORING.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Like tom said you didnt turn us down. We just didnt want to pay 12mil for you. Which was stupid but he shouldnt make it sound like he snubbed us
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down