Kiwigunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
41 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Benzema v Higuain  - Page 7 Empty Re: Benzema v Higuain

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

how are lacking in defensive objectives? we are targetting a DM already, Javi Martinez, and acknowledged we need a RB, Ivanovic mentioned.

And Ivanovic is an upgrade of Arbeloa??? uh-oh

Also the rumours for Moura are alot stronger than that of Javi(not sure we have shown interest there)

i just want us to make DM/RB a priority and anything else a surplus of requirement

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 pm

In my opinion Debuchy is one of the best right backs in the world and he will prove it when he goes to a different league.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:58 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:i love how we want to stack our team with offensive players when its the defensive ones we are lacking.... so someone remind me why we need Moura again???

how are lacking in defensive objectives? we are targetting a DM already, Javi Martinez, and acknowledged we need a RB, Ivanovic mentioned.

And Ivanovic is an upgrade of Arbeloa??? uh-oh

Also the rumours for Moura are alot stronger than that of Javi(not sure we have shown interest there)

i just want us to make DM/RB a priority and anything else a surplus of requirement

i dont think Ivanovic is the kind of player we should sign, but at least we have acknowledge we need a RB. whether he ends up being the player we sign is another story.

We have shown interest in Javi, but it's a difficult operation.

regardless, some guys are going to leave, so we might up signing more players.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 pm

I remember Kolarovs hype before he signed for City(no offence animal.cracker) but the guy has shown what a crappy defender he is, not to mention Taiwo and all the rest of them

Sometimes playing for a not so good league does make you stand out and once you sign for a top team and start playing against better teams you are immediately left on the back foot trying to catch up in vain
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:02 pm

animal.crackers wrote:In my opinion Debuchy is one of the best right backs in the world and he will prove it when he goes to a different league.

He's definitely one of the most complete fullbacks, what i mean by that is ( solid in defense, reliable in possession and outlet in attack) there's not many fullbacks around these days that provide all 3.....

None the less i'll be shocked if we obtain his services despite the possibility of european football, our french contingent......

Mainly considering there are bigger and better teams that want him, iam actually quite surprised Madrid haven't been linked considering their need for a RB.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I remember Kolarovs hype before he signed for City(no offence animal.cracker) but the guy has shown what a crappy defender he is, not to mention Taiwo and all the rest of them

Sometimes playing for a not so good league does make you stand out and once you sign for a top team and start playing against better teams you are immediately left on the back foot trying to catch up in vain
Kolarov is a good player.

His problem is that our league values pace..very much so. This is why we have so many quick players in England..because those are the types of players teams want to buy.

Kolarov is very slow and in Italy he wasn't exposed for pace like that often.

Also, he is not good at stopping crosses from coming in the box and that is a must if you play in the premier league.

Debuchy is so different mate and on an individual level, a much better player than Kolarov.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
i dont think Ivanovic is the kind of player we should sign, but at least we have acknowledge we need a RB. whether he ends up being the player we sign is another story.

We have shown interest in Javi, but it's a difficult operation.

regardless, some guys are going to leave, so we might up signing more players.

Ivanovic is extremely old and slow, he doesnt really attack more than Arbs, i will be extremely pissed off if Mou ends up signing him

I agree about the one with Javi, thing is they don't have the pressure to sell and they are doing well in the cups, they have a great coach now and a seemingly nice looking long term project. There is no point trying to tap him up in the summer because if we do end up signing him it is going to be in the 30-40 mill range imho which will put enormous pressure on his shoulder to do good

Realistically the ones which might end up leaving are: Albitroll, Carvalho, Altintop, Kaka and Lass

notice how none of those are RBs or DMs, Mou will try to replace these before he signs others, we will end up signing a whole new squad as our b team ffs lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:08 pm

animal.crackers wrote:Kolarov is a good player.

His problem is that our league values pace..very much so. This is why we have so many quick players in England..because those are the types of players teams want to buy.

Kolarov is very slow and in Italy he wasn't exposed for pace like that often.

Also, he is not good at stopping crosses from coming in the box and that is a must if you play in the premier league.

Debuchy is so different mate and on an individual level, a much better player than Kolarov.

I have to admit that i havent watched him, but i am just using past examples to make my judgements lol.... ill take your words for it tho

Btw who else will likely leave City??? Guidetti will come back no???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:10 pm

You can play in a top league, look good for a mid level team but completely suck when you join a top side. There is no perfect recipe, you have to identify the characteristics and abilities of players before you sign them. Im sure Kolarov would still do well in Italy, he was never super fast to begin with, and that's the problem he has dealing with fast wingers in EPL.

Taiwo was always rubbish, even when he was at Marseille he was rubbish, i dont know why AC Milan signed him, maybe because he was free, but even in Ligue1 he was getting exposed, and was being benched for some CL games. I am not even surprised he flopped, but i wasnt expecting it to be that bad.

I have seen what Debuchy can do repeatedly, and La Ligue1 is a very versatile league, im pretty sure he is battle ready for a top side. he has the tools to succeed about anywhere.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Realistically the ones which might end up leaving are: Albitroll, Carvalho, Altintop, Kaka and Lass

notice how none of those are RBs or DMs, Mou will try to replace these before he signs others, we will end up signing a whole new squad as our b team ffs lol
Higuain might leave as well, that would be a big one

doesnt really matter how many players we sign as long as the key players remain, so that's not a problem.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Also about Kolarov..... City's system revolves alot around the fullbacks providing the width to allow the space for the likes of Yaya, Silva and Nasri....

So unless your some kind of beast like Richards who can get up and down the pitch with quite relative ease, then you can look out of place at times.....

To me Kolarov is a good player who attacks well but doesnt seem to know when to attack and when to defend and because he doesnt have the energy to do both like Richards can he looks a little out of place.

Also as animalcrackers rightly point out the league is built around pace and width so defensively for a fullback its quite a hard league to play in.

He looked the player City paid the money for him because alot of the teams in Italy systems are centralised and usually all based around the fullbacks so he could provide a attacking outlet while not being at risk defensively.

Good player but maybe not what City require as a fullback in their system.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:19 pm

@ nick, my point was that, for lower leagues they don't have teams with good players that could test you, once you play better team you will get surprised on how fast it goes and maybe struggle or do good if your genuine

I remember Taiwo being hyped up(werent we after him???), bias aside do you really think Taiwo sucked??? he was super good against us from what i remember
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 pm

@mole, i dont know, if he really wasnt pacey why doesnt he only defend??? i havent been impressed with anything bar his freekicks, be it attacking or defending

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

doesnt really matter how many players we sign as long as the key players remain, so that's not a problem.

Imagine what Benz will turn into with no competition lol, don't even want to imagine

Also Higgy has never been appreciated by anyone other than the Madrid fans and coaches, i am sure Perez will have difficulties winning the next election if he ends up selling Higuain, the guy is a madridista through and through
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:@ nick, my point was that, for lower leagues they don't have teams with good players that could test you, once you play better team you will get surprised on how fast it goes and maybe struggle or do good if your genuine

I remember Taiwo being hyped up(werent we after him???), bias aside do you really think Taiwo sucked??? he was super good against us from what i remember

We are talking about players from Serie A and Ligue 1 here, it's not like they are from Turkey or Austria, all due respect.

Sure it goes faster at the highest level, but it doesnt mean that some players cant be ready for that. I think Kolarov is quality, maybe he doesnt fit the characteristics of the EPL to be a star but he is still quality.

We were linked to Taiwo by the usual internet rag, nothing trustworthy. If it's not from AS or ElConfidential, L'Equipe, etc... i dont read. Taiwo was poor mate, maybe he had a good game against us, and if i recall we didnt have a quality RW back then.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:29 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Imagine what Benz will turn into with no competition lol, don't even want to imagine

Also Higgy has never been appreciated by anyone other than the Madrid fans and coaches, i am sure Perez will have difficulties winning the next election if he ends up selling Higuain, the guy is a madridista through and through

lol he will still be good. he wants to be the best in the world and he is working like it. Besides, we would still get a CF to back him up.

it's a consensus that Benzema is better than Higuain, and it's higuain that would initiate the move because RM doesnt need to sell him, it's not the same. And winning the elections for Perez doesnt rest on whether he sell HIguain. If he fails to win major silverware and to define a long term project he will lose with or within Higuain.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Dont know, i mean judging by the state of those leagues now i would put them in the category of leagues you mentioned to me tbh

Taiwo: Madrid tried to sign me

Since Mou stopped with the rotation, benz hasn't been as good as he was before that and whats the point of buying a new striker when we already have one???

Also Higuain has still scored 20+(in LaLiga only) despite the limited time he has gotten, i would say it depends on what you face, in some games Higgy>>>>>>Benz, in other games Benz>>>>>>Higgy its is impossible to judge as a whole

if i had to choose my starting striker i would choose Higuain, other than his Lyon debacle the guy hasn't really disappointed, Benz on the other hand........
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:42 pm

rotation stopping had nothing to do with Benzema dropping in form, he was already benching Higuain at the start of the season, and he was chaining goals then. If anything, successive play time helps strikers build up confidence and form about their game, and i can see how Mourinho wanted to do that ahead of the big games coming because Benzema is a big game player and can help drive our attack, and Higuain doesnt score in CL and needs service to be relevant. i dont buy that whole "he doesnt play as much but scores more, so he should start" thing, Callejon scores a lot but he isnt good enough to start. your preference, your own tho, i respect that.

i remember the Taiwo thing now, he did say that, im glad he picked Milan.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Ill compare it to the Marcelo case, the guy was doing good until a time which he really sucked and didnt care, Mou puts on Cacktraw and the next game Marcelo just blew the roof out.... i think this is quite similar, they were rotating both were on the top, Benz starts getting more games with Higgy only getting 5 mins and Benz starts to stink

The problem with Benz tho he is a turnover machine, he loses the ball quite a lot for a CF, Higgy keeps it simple and his crosses are really good not to mention he has started to drop really deep now, he hasn't been as good as Benz in CL i would agree, but in LaLiga he has completely outshone Benzema

You cant just keep Benz and disregard Higgy, LL is 38(??) games while CL is at most 9, you mean we need Benz for those 9 games and leave the bulk of the job for Ronaldo to do in the league, but then again i guess your are a pro-benz fan lol... so agree to disagree there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:02 pm

I dont even know how you can compare those situations, you are looking too hard at the situation and using circumstantial events to justify it. Players dip in form during the season, simple as that.

Benzema tries to playmake and to direct our offense, of course he will try riskier moves and might lose the ball more often, but you make it sound like he is at Di Maria's level. he would turn the ball over because he is trying a key play in the final third, not because he has bad decision making and plays like an idiot, so it's not important.

All i know is, benzema scores, assists and performs even if the doesnt score, and makes us better overall as a team, which means we will win more often that not. He is clutch in big games, CL is his garden, and for us hungry of CL success it matters. I love higuin too, but he isnt as good in my book. again, your opinion your own, i respect it, but let's get back on topic Wink
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 pm

That's why Benzema has started in every single one of our draws and losses this season bar one, a 2-2 draw to Barcelona.

As I said Benzema may be better in other areas but we have plenty of players who can do that sort of thing I just want my CF to score from his chances, we already have a volume shooter in Ronaldo we don't need another one in Benzema. I feel much safer and confident in winning with Higuain in the line-up.

If Higuain was actually given a chance in a string of games he would destroy Benzema's goal tally, but hey we want to keep dropping points then Benzema will start again, Just like Levante, Racing, Barcelona, Malaga, Villarreal etc etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 pm

ah the benzema hate out of the woodwork. let's blame the draws and losses on him, how cool. You seem to forget about Casillas f*cking up against Villarreal and Malaga, and Higuain missing triple sitters against barca, or Ronaldo choking against barca or Bayern, or Khedira and Alonso looking like noobs in the middle. then again, if you seem to be eager to go back to a time when Higuain couldnt close in CL against Lyon, the good old days.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Boys cant you discuss those two someplace else (Madrid forum) ?

No offence, but it seems like so many discussions go the way of Higuain vs Benzema.

Transfer remour thread, lets leave it to that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Or i could edit the thread to Benzema v Higuian bitchfest? its an old thread anyway and when the summer window opens id probably think a seperate thread will be made.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:ah the benzema hate out of the woodwork. let's blame the draws and losses on him, how cool. You seem to forget about Casillas f*cking up against Villarreal and Malaga, and Higuain missing triple sitters against barca too. then again, if you seem to be eager to go back to a time when Higuain couldnt close in CL against Higuain, the good old days.

No I didn't forget but it does not take away from the number of glorious chances that Benzema has missed in all those games. It does not change the fact that Higuain is twice as efficient in front of goal as Benzema and at the end of the day we need a goal scorer not another person to float around the box, we have Di Maria, Kaka, Ozil, Ronaldo and Marcelo who can do that why do we need Benz too?

At the end of the day when Higuain starts we usually get results, when he is actually given a run of games to get form he blows Benzema out of the water, see the back to back hatrticks or when Benz was injured, funnily enough it was when Benzema returned from injury the team started going south. We benched Higuain just when he started hitting his stride.

So you can ride the Benzema fanboism to hell and back but at the end of the day he is known for missing absolute sitters despite his all glorious talent, this team would be better off with either Ronaldo or Higuain at CF than Benzema, if we want someone to score I'd go to Higgy or Ronaldo every time. God knows we don't need Benzema to miss another freaking open net this season.

Oh and as for the CL, couldn't score shit from 4 glorious chances in front of goal.

Higuain starts and actually gets a decent run we seem to actually score more and win more and at the end of the day that's all I care about.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Mole with the high I.Q play...thats quality.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next